Verified:

ICe Man

Jun 2nd 2010, 3:01:27

Let the teams be "randomly" selected, much the Utopia Rules.

You can "pay a price" to change teams.

Thank God, for I'm a blessed man.

Viceroy Game profile

Jun 2nd 2010, 3:18:32

Could you spell it out a little more how that worked in Utopia? I never played it, so I'm not exactly getting a completely clear picture.

Off the top of my head though, you'd need an in-game way to manage the team, like a forum or something.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

ICe Man

Jun 2nd 2010, 3:19:59

I only played utopia for 2 "resets".

You were randomly selected to a "team" where you voted on a "leader" who could declare war, peace, etc... Yada yada yada.

You get the idea.

You could also pay a price to change teams if you weren't happy. Also the leader could boot out any retards, I think.

ICe Man

Jun 2nd 2010, 3:20:10

Use your imagination, will ya?

Viceroy Game profile

Jun 2nd 2010, 3:25:45

But thinking hurts!
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Thunder Game profile

Jun 2nd 2010, 3:28:44

Ewwww Utopians....STONE THEM!
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

Viceroy Game profile

Jun 2nd 2010, 3:34:04

It would definitely distinguish this server from the others, especially if the trend towards and multi-tag teams continue to increase.

ICe Man

Jun 2nd 2010, 13:19:43

and, as the only way for people to know *who* you are is if they tell you or their country names.

Havoc Game profile

Jun 2nd 2010, 14:28:38

I like this idea, as it would eliminate all "cross-tag-retals/attacks" but some of the fun of this server comes from playing with a select group of friends/players and working closely with them.. I guess making new friends is fun too, though!
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

bore Game profile

Patron

Jun 2nd 2010, 21:42:58

random could definitely be fun

ICe Man

Jun 3rd 2010, 0:53:06

Nice nice, can some mod send this to QZ? :)

downsay Game profile

Jun 3rd 2010, 0:55:55

I've thought about it ever since you posted this. At first thought, I hated the idea. After pondering over it for a while...I LOVE the idea.

This would expose me to new players which would make the game exciting again. This would eliminate the cross-tag retals/attacks as mentioned above, and it would definitely separate this server from all other servers even more than it already is.

All-in-all this is a fantastic suggestion.

NOW3P Game profile

Jun 3rd 2010, 1:33:30

the only problem I see with the idea is the way it opens random players up to getting screwed by the not so nice players - I know I wouldn't want to be in a tag w/ someone who AB's any country that land grabs him once, as it would likely mean going to war over something I had nothing to do with. It would also give clans like RD, who are very good at infiltrating and screwing clans from the inside, even more power to do so.

It's a great idea though, and I think it could make this server viable again (as right now, I think it's boring as all hell).

Hellz X Game profile

Jun 3rd 2010, 3:37:57

Does everyone forget?...Utopia sucks.
Imaginary Numbers

NOW3P Game profile

Jun 3rd 2010, 3:38:48

Utopia PLAYERS suck - the game itself is pretty dynamic. :-)

downsay Game profile

Jun 3rd 2010, 17:29:30

I'm going to have to agree with NOW3P on this one, sorry Hellz X:P

Also, perhaps we could add a bit to this?

If a country within a tag is killed, when that country owner recreates a new country he/she is randomly placed into one of the unfilled tags. This would give an opportunity to get rid of the members who are doing stupid crap.

ICe Man

Jun 3rd 2010, 21:42:32

Nice Suggestion, Downsay.

Revolver Game profile

Jun 4th 2010, 6:19:12

The idea is excellent. Ever since the creation of the server, I had it in mind. Just never shared it. I think it definitely would balance some things within the server and would reboot completely the whole concept of 'policy'.

gwagers Game profile

Jun 4th 2010, 16:07:24

While the idea sounds interesting, is there no reason that this can't be tested in its own server first? I don't pretend to know the details of setting up new servers, so this could easily be a lot more problematic than I think it is, but I shiver at the idea of another massive rule change within four sets or so of the last one. While I understand that you don't like the similarities between this server and Alliance, I don't think that pulling the rug out from under those that continued to play Team because it was the former Alliance server is really the way to go.

Of course, I don't know who else agrees with that sentiment, and I have a sinking feeling there aren't many who do anymore...
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!

Havoc Game profile

Jun 4th 2010, 17:36:33

How would the naming of the teams/tag go? Hmm I guess the leader would do that?.. Could be interesting when established clan names are used..
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

archaic Game profile

Jun 4th 2010, 21:35:50

I don't like the random reassigning of restarts, it would hurt during a legitimate war. There would need to be some way of integrating the game with either 'boxcar-like' tools, or perhaps just pre assigning generic boxcar accounts with each new clan.

The teams would probably need a couple of days between sets to get organized, plus this would also penalize late starters. This might be a good format for potential FB players.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

downsay Game profile

Jun 5th 2010, 0:09:30

Originally posted by archaic:
I don't like the random reassigning of restarts, it would hurt during a legitimate war. There would need to be some way of integrating the game with either 'boxcar-like' tools, or perhaps just pre assigning generic boxcar accounts with each new clan.

The teams would probably need a couple of days between sets to get organized, plus this would also penalize late starters. This might be a good format for potential FB players.

Good points all around

mrford Game profile

Jun 6th 2010, 21:56:48

The way utopia worked was, you couldn't declare war on another clan infill a certain ammount of attacks were made, and hen the clan that was getting hit got a 'war' button and wars were won when both sides agreed it was won and one surrendered. Land was generally the deciding factor, and a set long war win record was kept, so it encouraged short quick wars, giving ppl the opportunity to rebuild and select another target in their range
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

BlackMamba Game profile

Jun 8th 2010, 1:47:10

utopia sucks and ideas copying utopia can only make it worse

BlackMamba Game profile

Jun 8th 2010, 1:48:02

while we're at it, let's get rid of the whole networth and land rankings, instead we'll rank our countries on Honor

archaic Game profile

Jun 8th 2010, 1:54:23

lol, wb blackmamba

(if we scored based on honor, we would usually have a 200 way tie for last place.)

Edited By: archaic on Jun 8th 2010, 1:55:01
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

gwagers Game profile

Jun 8th 2010, 16:24:06

I'm not sure that honor has a place in a game that let's you blast people with nukes for no reason.

More seriously, I've never played Utopia before, and don't know anything about it. However, I also don't care for the idea of declaring war only after a certain number of hits have been made against you. What ever happened to the age-old tactic of preemptive strike?
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!

ICe Man

Jun 9th 2010, 3:14:19

I *only* want to use random selection idea from Utopia.

Most Utopian mods and players were fluffs. :p

llaar Game profile

Jun 11th 2010, 20:18:09

did utopia ever get recreated?

Marshal Game profile

Jun 11th 2010, 21:31:51

no since jolt still hosts utopia.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....