RickyDee Game profile

Jan 20th 2021, 18:49:35

Which makes the most sense please
Ricky Dee

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 20th 2021, 19:04:38

Rep
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

RickyDee Game profile

Jan 22nd 2021, 5:25:45

Huhm

I was hoping for more than a 1 word response I guess

Rep is better even if you were to get a really high ratio of military cost tech and buy your military privately?

What if you also were reselling your military on the public markets for a premium?
Ricky Dee

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 24th 2021, 21:34:01

That would run your expenses up lowering your overall cash per turn.

You can actually get to a high PCI as Theo, but the population bonus never exceeds the cash per acre of a republic. While theo can get to higher acres and spend less on attacking both due to a cheap market, and the rep military strength modifier, but rep more than makes up for it. 20% more income per acre is so much better than a population bonus mostly because population consumes food. A 100k theo only makes about as much as an 80k rep with max techs mostly due to hungry hungry hippos.

table4two Game profile

Jan 31st 2021, 8:29:01

Yep yep yep. Derrick has correctly outlined the major difference between a Rep and Theo Casher. In most cases I have always seen a rep casher finish ahead of a theo casher.

Originally posted by DerrickICN:

You can actually get to a high PCI as Theo, but the population bonus never exceeds the cash per acre of a republic. While theo can get to higher acres and spend less on attacking both due to a cheap market, and the rep military strength modifier, but rep more than makes up for it. 20% more income per acre is so much better than a population bonus mostly because population consumes food. A 100k theo only makes about as much as an 80k rep with max techs mostly due to hungry hungry hippos.

Kahuna Game profile

Feb 7th 2021, 4:29:00

Oooooh..

Kill4Free Game profile

Jun 2nd 2021, 3:54:27

Originally posted by table4two:
Yep yep yep. Derrick has correctly outlined the major difference between a Rep and Theo Casher. In most cases I have always seen a rep casher finish ahead of a theo casher.

Originally posted by DerrickICN:

To make the above statements a bit more precise, while the reps do get the extra 20% income per acre, the Theo bonus of 50% extra population gives it the advantage in income until techs are nearly maxed. At that point it depends on the price of jets in the market, as well as the total land you wish to achieve.

A 100k Acre Theo vs 100k Acre Rep with no tech, Theo wins easily, with 2/3 Tech, Theo wins again, Reps advantage only starts to progress towards where tech gets maxed (Theos tech penalty is what hurts it at this point).

The above statements being said, the amount of food the population consumes is fairly small compared to the amount of income they are producing, but this combined with the assumption of max tech for everyone, means that the Rep has the advantage in equal acres. Now if you are getting a massive amount of land, keeping your tech maxed is very difficult, and a Theo has better raw income when techs are not maxed, in addition the the BPT advantage to support a large amount of land.

Combine the above with the cheaper jets, and faster build rate, Theos will out perform Reps fairly easily if you are grabbing outside your tech range. If you are looking to reach a fairly early set land goal, and stop to gain income, reps win.
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK

Kill4Free Game profile

Jun 2nd 2021, 3:55:39

(In addition, Reps need more military to attack equally strong targets as theos, unless weapon tech is fully maxed, meaning Reps have a higher increase cost of supporting your country)
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK