Verified:

BobbyATA Game profile

Sep 4th 2010, 15:25:18

Let us discuss how it will affect the game. Here is my opinion (tailored for alliance server):

Early set: Any small demo can quickly max mil tech and then buy any food under $39 on public for a profit. So cost of food will quickly be above $40 on public within a day or two of oop. Those small countries (it could be a start to get max mil tech while still trying to keep decent size/CS etc by turn 100 ish) could make oodles of cash early. Then you will have market at 39/40 for a long time, b/c so many farmers now sell on private market early set, and they will now be forced to sell on public. Early demand is very low for food, so really a majority of the bushels will be being bought at 39 (or even 38) by some nice guy who is running demo with max mil tech. Such a guy may again make a huge profit...

Mid Set: Once serious stocking starts and demand for food does rise above supply, the price will go above the 39$ price floor you have now established. But with farmer guaranteed such a high NW with $39 floor I think more people will have to go farmer these days. Or in other words, if the ratio of techer/farmer/casher/indy stayed the same, farmer would dominate, so I think there would be way more farmers, so thus the peak in food, which is fueled by cashers/indy's stocking would be less high than it is currently. A current average peak is about 65. I think it would be possible to see no more than 55 as a high now. This really messes up a BSS type strat and early destock techers who place well b/c they destock at 50-60 when others destock at 32. Now they destock at 40-50 when others destock at 39. Ouch heh...so that strat is basically dead. Meaning that if you go techer you either switch to casher/farmer mid set or you tech all set long as nobody has incentive to jump early with such a high price floor and low price peak for bushels.

End Set: Basically everyone will still dump bushels on public as you jump either as theo or demo. DEMO if you have MBs you sell on public, if you don't you sell on your own private. Theo you sell on public.

Marshal Game profile

Sep 4th 2010, 17:57:05

it should rise bushels at public but we'll see.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

BobbyATA Game profile

Sep 8th 2010, 20:06:24

wow SR is truly dead. A new change and nobody will discuss it!

Detmer Game profile

Sep 8th 2010, 20:39:06

The whole concept of strategy discussion outside of your close friends is flawed because it gives a competitive advantage (or at least removes yours) to others.

BobbyATA Game profile

Sep 9th 2010, 0:31:01

wow that is a truly sad opinion...

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 9th 2010, 3:21:26

I miss the good ole days when people posted pages of discussion on strategies... or even just random math problems.

Kingme Game profile

Sep 9th 2010, 15:12:14

Since Bobby had problems with this one a few days ago...

2 + 2 = X

Find the value of X

Detmer Game profile

Sep 9th 2010, 21:53:34

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
wow that is a truly sad opinion...

It is a pretty bleak point of view, but realistically...

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 10th 2010, 5:41:30

Realistically you weren't reading SR seven years ago like I was!

Detmer Game profile

Sep 10th 2010, 14:16:01

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Realistically you weren't reading SR seven years ago like I was!

Things were different seven year ago. Things are much better connected now than they used to be. If someone posted something intelligent and novel here it would be in every alliance's website in a few hours =P

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 10th 2010, 18:54:01

Ok, let's test that.

Elvish Magi

Sep 10th 2010, 19:58:42

I doubt someone from every alliance reads SR every few hours these days.

Even when the board was busy(ish) it was surprising how much good info you could get that did give you an advantage because most people didnt read it, or didn't pass the information on to others.
MSN:
AIM: ElvMagi

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Sep 11th 2010, 2:46:30

I learned a lot from the old Strat board. Now I check it once in a while because a) I'm really bored or b) I'm drunk, like now
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

Marshal Game profile

Sep 11th 2010, 17:07:34

player can get helpful info on sr but last months of earth2025 it was mostly used for posting results from primary and tournies.

CKHustler

Oct 6th 2010, 4:06:18

I think the casher strat will get an unexpected boost from this, possibly even more so than farmers. We shall see on that though.

I agree with the techer analysis, though military tech will be in high demand all set so it is a pretty constant demand for them to sell with.

Detmer Game profile

Oct 6th 2010, 14:19:25

Why would casher get a boost? Increased food expenses? Same as ever military and bus/res prices? If anything bus/res prices will go up from people teching military instead of bus/res...

deepcode Game profile

Oct 6th 2010, 19:03:18

My speculations and only speculations: (i'm no top10 player)

Farmer's only benefit is a better growth income to gain tech advantage. Destocking doesn't make a difference as everyone benefits from the rise in the floor price. I don't really see how this will allow farmer to "dominate", better yes, maybe closer to being on par with the others. Maybe that was the intention of the rise in the floor price?

Bushel peak should be higher 32-55ish will become like 39-65ish. Not much difference just a shift in the numbers 32 destock on 32-55 should be pretty much the same as a 39-65ish. Think about it.

I also think this really helps indies more. So easy for the market to get saturated and commies end up practically unplayable. With military tech though, they can keep up sales and at least play turns, a big benefit to the indies more than anything.

The whole reselling thing could be neat, a dedicated strat for someone with lots of time on their hands to make a killing.

I think if enough people shift over to farmer, techers might take a slight hit as you've explained Bobby.

The bigger change I see as is with the new round would be the 2bil limit removal. Opens up a whole new arena of wealth creation.

okay, flame away :P

Detmer Game profile

Oct 6th 2010, 20:24:29

Originally posted by deepcode:

Farmer's only benefit is a better growth income to gain tech advantage. Destocking doesn't make a difference as everyone benefits from the rise in the floor price. I don't really see how this will allow farmer to "dominate", better yes, maybe closer to being on par with the others. Maybe that was the intention of the rise in the floor price?

Bushel peak should be higher 32-55ish will become like 39-65ish. Not much difference just a shift in the numbers 32 destock on 32-55 should be pretty much the same as a 39-65ish. Think about it.

I am thinking about it but don't see this increasing the bushel peak. It will increase the base food price thus food expenses for other strats increase by about 20%. That decreases the amount of money to be spent on stock. Assuming the same ratio of strats as is roughly standard then the amount of money to spent on stock should technically decrease. Production should be about the same (although this increased base price might encourage more farmers than usual which would actually lead towards a market saturation) so the amount of bushels on the market should still be governed by how is being spent on stock to drive the prices up. Thus I expect the peak to be about the same as usual, if not lower. This will equate to a lower loss on stock (ie buying at 55 and selling at 39 instead of 32) which should help non-farmers.

I think this also helps farmers by not making a decision regarding whether or not to buy military tech. Now farmers don't have to worry about killing their private market prices by getting military tech which reduces expenses all set, provides flexibility in destocking and depending on bushel prices it will increase their income (although clearly if prices are $41+ for most of the set then most farmers won't see an income bonus by selling private). This basically still makes military a secondary tech now as it only requires one demo with maxed military tech to keep prices at $38+

I also think this really helps indies more. So easy for the market to get saturated and commies end up practically unplayable. With military tech though, they can keep up sales and at least play turns, a big benefit to the indies more than anything.

If people stock up on military tech then their private market buy price decreases, which effectively caps public market military sell prices. Likewise indies have huge food expenses which will increase by 20% now. It's not like their private market sell prices will rise to the point of being able to raise the public market floor so this only hurts indies.

I think if enough people shift over to farmer, techers might take a slight hit as you've explained Bobby.

Certainly the daily income of farmers will increase but having less techers will just make tech prices even higher -> techers are more profitable. If more people start buying military tech then that will just delay the decline of tech prices.

The bigger change I see as is with the new round would be the 2bil limit removal. Opens up a whole new arena of wealth creation.

For demos this technically makes it possible to not have your stock decline in value. If you sell your entire stock every day you lose nothing to commissions and can reinvest however you like. If you sell all your stock at the peak of $60 say then you login and prices are $59, if you can buy and sell your entire stock at $59 you have maintained the cash value of your stock. If prices are dropping very rapidly it could be difficult to buy out your stock at a price that you will be able to sell at again but basically you can walk your stock down by maintaining cash value through increasing bushels. Clearly stocking earlier has become unbelievably valuable as you can dump your entire stock at bushel peak and then destock without the market degrading your stock value. This of course will lead to a lower bushel peak and quicker crash which will likely lead to more bimodal bushel peak sets.

aponic Game profile

Oct 7th 2010, 3:31:34

Techers are hurt by the decreased margin in bushel prices. At least in the short run. I don't think buying 30% of ones stock under 38$ and selling it for over $50 can be offset by an increased demand in military tech
SOF
Cerevisi

CKHustler

Oct 7th 2010, 4:23:11

Detmer, you said it yourself that you think the bushel peak will be lower. How does everyone stock? Farmers grow their food and stock it, meaning they will not benefit in stocking terms very much, yes they will some due to not needing to sell as much daily. Techers will probably lose out on the lower bushel peak due to them destocking around the peak. Cashers are the ones that output is about the same, but need to spend much less to stock with a lower peak. Then they go and sell at higher prices at the end of the set. Farmers and Cashers get a boost, but I think cashers may have it better.

ZIP Game profile

Oct 7th 2010, 10:44:53

play one and tell us
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Detmer Game profile

Oct 7th 2010, 14:09:53

Originally posted by CKHustler:
Detmer, you said it yourself that you think the bushel peak will be lower. How does everyone stock? Farmers grow their food and stock it, meaning they will not benefit in stocking terms very much, yes they will some due to not needing to sell as much daily. Techers will probably lose out on the lower bushel peak due to them destocking around the peak. Cashers are the ones that output is about the same, but need to spend much less to stock with a lower peak. Then they go and sell at higher prices at the end of the set. Farmers and Cashers get a boost, but I think cashers may have it better.

Yes, the farmers will have higher "playing" income but will be hurt by the stocking. I suppose that is a fair point that with increased income they will max techs sooner and thus stock sooner which in turn will decrease their output to market sooner.

Realistically strat balance will be the ultimate decider of what the market does.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 7th 2010, 18:25:11

so far food's price is what it is normally at start of set (alliance).

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 10th 2010, 22:57:04

I noticed on team that the prices stayed pretty similar in the beginning, probably because not everyone knew about the change, but then increased to $39+ as max mil tech demos were making profit.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 11th 2010, 17:25:03

same at alliance.

trep Game profile

Oct 12th 2010, 21:07:58

hi everybody!

Marshal Game profile

Oct 12th 2010, 21:39:19

hi trep

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 23rd 2010, 12:57:09

very interesting reading everyone's thoughts on mil tech changes. i've never been a top 10 alliance netter, so i don't have much say in what will happen end game, but does seem to help demos at the onset and if they play smart, should finish very well.

MBR and theo will suffer a bit as mbases and gov 'bonus' will still drop floor price. so max mil tech will compete with mbase dropping price.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

Marshal Game profile

Oct 23rd 2010, 18:37:23

so far all farmers have benefitted on food price rising quickly to 39+.

Dragonlance Game profile

Oct 26th 2010, 5:39:41

why would theo suffer zarcon?

the floor is now 38-39 for theos as well, because the demos will always buy their bushels on public market..

Marshal Game profile

Oct 26th 2010, 20:07:05

or reps with standing order.

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 9th 2010, 15:04:26

pretty much nailed it set 1.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 9th 2010, 19:37:22

so far i've seen bushels vary at ffa from 37 to 90 after couple weeks.

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 9th 2010, 20:38:55

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
Here is my opinion (tailored for alliance server):

FFA is wayyyyy different than the other servers. I would have no idea what happens there...the server has never interested me. If you want to discuss FFA I'd suggest another thread. I do think any of the other one country per player servers are close enough in general dynamics to alliance that we can discuss them here..

Marshal Game profile

Nov 9th 2010, 21:30:29

alliance its been rarely under 39 after it wentr up there and highest has been 50-60.

highrock Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 3:15:20

don't think it's been over 50 in alliance
formerly Viola MD

deepcode Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 3:20:00

51 was the highest I saw. With 50 being the top average before climbing down. Which totally shoots down what I thought would happen :P

Marshal Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 20:15:49

it might have peaked at 60 but only very short time.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 10th 2010, 20:18:06

more farmers this set i think
Finally did the signature thing.

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 4:00:12

Yeah, lots of farmer/war countries this set may have skewed the numbers slightly.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

MLChristensen Game profile

Aug 6th 2011, 8:12:15

legion Game profile

Aug 7th 2011, 0:09:32

Dem/Cash is way to go
Nobody puts baby in a corner

Marshal Game profile

Aug 7th 2011, 21:27:43

why demo casher? due tech bonus?

legion Game profile

Aug 8th 2011, 1:27:13

keep everything as liquid as possible
run very low land and mil
play the food, oil, and tech markets carefully

I just like going through all my stock each day and never have anything on hand that makes me an attractive target.

THe market makes this game until they advance teh attack mod
Nobody puts baby in a corner

deepcode Game profile

Aug 13th 2011, 12:17:03

I'd rather rep->cash switch to demo later.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 13th 2011, 20:27:34

de+restock as demo?

deepcode Game profile

Aug 13th 2011, 20:40:45

Pretty much what legion said, work the markets to keep value on the stock, but the early game I'd prefer the rep: the bonuses to explore and pci is pretty boss in the early game.

Once good tech levels are reached with a minimal stockpile to start working the market, then I'd switch, continue as demo and destock as demo, make profits late game clearing market.

That's how I would do it, mind you, I'm a pretty avg netgainer, I have no idea how well it would work, but in theory, it should be awesome.