Verified:

Joseph Kony Game profile

Jan 5th 2018, 23:43:18

I haven't played since 2001 and I remember getting attacked and attacking on the daily like it was candy.

I sent a few attacks yesterday and I get butthurt messages from the countries I attacked. Did the goal of this game change since I last played when it was Earth 2025 from trying to be the best country or are they just being butthurt?

Zorp Game profile

Jan 6th 2018, 0:59:19

It depends on the server and the circumstances.

Joseph Kony Game profile

Jan 6th 2018, 8:58:03

It's in tournament mode and helped supplement building making by being able to maximize BPT instead of having to do research for a few turns in between.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 6th 2018, 16:42:53

well if you attack its best to do 1 attack per country to not to break gdi and make yourself vulnerable to missile etc attacks (if tourny gdi prevents those). wanted bpt you should get up as quickly as you can.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Zorp Game profile

Jan 6th 2018, 21:42:43

If you're #28 then you're making dumb grabs in the first place. Exploring would be better anyway. People are fluffing because you aren't even getting ahead hitting them, you just look like you want to fluff with people for no reason.

Joseph Kony Game profile

Jan 8th 2018, 7:35:58

Originally posted by Zorp:
If you're #28 then you're making dumb grabs in the first place. Exploring would be better anyway. People are fluffing because you aren't even getting ahead hitting them, you just look like you want to fluff with people for no reason.

Fair enough. Like I said in post 1, first time I've played this in 15 years.

I read the Wiki to refresh myself before I signed up so I didn't go in totally blind, and was thinking that exploring too much too early would open myself up to landgrabs, so I was trying to stay landthin and bottomfeed until I got stronger. Shockingly (to me), unless someone has attacked someone in the past few hours since I've checked, no one has attacked anyone else yet.

I guess it has gotten a lot more tactical then.

Joseph Kony Game profile

Jan 8th 2018, 7:38:00

Originally posted by Marshal:
well if you attack its best to do 1 attack per country to not to break gdi and make yourself vulnerable to missile etc attacks (if tourny gdi prevents those). wanted bpt you should get up as quickly as you can.

Yeah I kind of did more than 1 attack since I kept succeeding and everyone is required to have GDI. BPT is fairly high already unless I got railroaded since I last logged in.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 9th 2018, 23:15:27

As usual Marshal should read up some before he posts. No, tournament GDI does not prevent missiles or special attacks or anything like that. Tournament GDI is mandatory and prevents you attacking anything less than half your NW or above twice your NW unless you declare war.

This question was tournament specific.

In tournament exploring is often superior to attacking especially in the early stages. Therefore attacking is often a lose-lose for all the countries involved which is why people get angry I guess.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 9th 2018, 23:24:32

i said if it prevents aka doubted it preventing (server details nor wiki tell what tourny gdi exactly does outside prevents attacks to or from too big or too small countries). gdi rules should be same on all servers.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 14th 2018, 13:19:18

i said if it prevents aka doubted it preventing (server details nor wiki tell what tourny gdi exactly does outside prevents attacks to or from too big or too small countries).

this is jibberish. Also the GDI button on main menu explains what GDI does on every server, or just about.

On tournament it states:
"The Global Defense Initiative (GDI) is an open organization dedicated to the protection of our members. As a member of GDI, you will receive the protection of GDI forces. No country more than twice your size or less than half your size will be able to go to attack you without first formally declaring war. On this server, GDI protection is free and required."

On primary it states:
"The Global Defense Initiative (GDI) is an open organization dedicated to the protection of our members. As a member of GDI, you will receive the protection of GDI forces. Unless you have attacked a country twice or more, that country will only be able to commit the following attacks or harmful spy ops against you: standard strikes, planned strikes, steal tech, bomb banks, burn oil, and burn bushels. However, we require your assistance in return. You will be required to pay $5 per acre of land you own to the GDI fund as long as you are with us. In addition, you will not be allowed to commit offensive acts which are not standard strikes, planned strikes, or beneficial spy ops against other countries unless they have attacked you more than once. You can only join GDI if you haven't attacked or done a harmful spy op and cannot leave after joining. In the final six hours of the game, you will not be able to engage in any offensive actions against countries that have not hit you at least once."

They are clearly different.

gdi rules should be same on all servers.

They should not, they are not. Why do you tell it to someone who asks these questions as if they are. If you don't know the answer its OK not to post, or even make it clear that you don't know how GDI works and he should take it from another person.

HitakoH Game profile

Jan 15th 2018, 18:54:10

Well when I am open for landgrab I don't mind to fluff myself with mass explore cuz the bottom feeders get like 150 acres a hit and when I retal I get like 500 acres. i send a courtesy message asking for peace and noticing the other player I do retal to maintain peace. While in fact I am happy to keep the extra acres without worrying about a retal to come. I don't mind ending up to heavy on the Jets cuz I sell them later on. This retal thing after a 100 turns explore is just the cherry on top of my land gain. Then somebody else see my fluff and try to bottom feed it the next day and take like 200 acres and I find it funny cause I retal for 600/700.

Over the sets, when I am open for bottomfeeding, people that knows me stopped grabbing me. Therefore I don't lose my ressource. It s win win for me, both sides.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 15th 2018, 20:43:14

you are skinny if they get only 150 acres from you.

HitakoH Game profile

Jan 15th 2018, 20:55:11

Nah low nw with 4 to 6k land is the moment I am vulnerable to landgrab when I play cashier and top players get a very low amount of acres out of me because of the NW Gap plus gdi penalty. If they used standard strike it is even more silly

Edited By: HitakoH on Jan 15th 2018, 21:00:18. Reason: Auto correct
See Original Post

HitakoH Game profile

Jan 15th 2018, 20:56:24

I would wish to delete this post.

Edited By: HitakoH on Jan 15th 2018, 21:01:13. Reason: Didn't know Bout edit
See Original Post