Verified:

AndrewMose Game profile

Aug 18th 2011, 17:19:32

Do your offensive allies contribute units that are then applied to your weapons tech and PS strength? For example is the formula (your units + allies units *.25)*1.5*offensive tech * govt bonus? or do their units not get the multipliers?

Trippster Game profile

Aug 18th 2011, 17:38:36

Attacking Power SS (proper with allies) =TroopAtt2+JetAtt2+TankAtt2
TroopAtt2 =1*Min(2*Troops@Home,Troops@Home+AlliesTroops@Home/4)*GvtAtt*WeapTech%*@War?
JetAtt2 =2*Min(2*Jets@Home,Jets@Home+AlliesJets@Home/4)*GvtAtt*WeapTech%*@War?
TankAtt2 =4*Min(2*Tanks@Home,Tanks@Home+AlliesTanks@Home/4)*GvtAtt*WeapTech%*@War?

GvtAtt
Normal 1
Dict 1.25
Rep 0.9
Declaring War ( @War? )
War NOT declared 1
War DECLARED 1.1
old formula
I think it's still the same.
Ignore the smiley.
I have 10 tabs open.
I may or may not be here.

AndrewMose Game profile

Aug 18th 2011, 17:59:38

so according to that if your ally has no weapons tech but you do, his jets are more powerful fighting for you. And I am guessing a PS is similar in that your allies jets fight 50% harder.

AndrewMose Game profile

Aug 18th 2011, 17:59:47

Thanks!

Mapleson Game profile

Aug 18th 2011, 18:45:30

That's not what qz said on this other thread.

http://forums.earthempires.com/...is-o-ally-strength-calc-d

Trippster Game profile

Aug 19th 2011, 17:21:34

As I said those are old formulas From 2025.
According to QZs post that Mapleson referred to, allies units do not get your gvt bonus or tech bonus. He doesn't mention the @ war bonus.
Strange though, that the spreadsheet I have with those formulas has qz, & slag written all over it. Maybe they decided to change things up a bit.
Ignore the smiley.
I have 10 tabs open.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 19th 2011, 20:08:54

why wouldn't it get changed from earth2025 to ee?
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Trippster Game profile

Aug 20th 2011, 3:44:25

Not saying they shouldn't ... just that I hadn't seen the other thread. But now I suppose I need to rework the formulas on my spreadsheet. Good thing I've been all-x since ee started.
LOL
Ignore the smiley.
I have 10 tabs open.

afaik Game profile

Aug 23rd 2011, 9:27:02

I think I can explain what's missing here, bear with me ;)

your weapons tech affects only the "maximum allied support you can receive", it does not improve teh effectiveness of that allied support. Govt bonus is the same.

e.g. you send 100 jets and your ally has 1000 jets, no weap or govt bonus. your ally will support with 25% of their available mil, or 100% of your attack strength, whichever limit is reached first (so 100% of your attack). So equiv to double... your total attack equivalent is then 200 jets.

in teh same scenario, if you have 150% weap bonus, but otherwise the same conditions, your allied support maximum limit will be calculated after weap tech is applied (your attack strength, rather than mil numbers sent)

as you can't take 25% of his mil again, you receive 2 x your total attack strength, so 1.5 (weap) x 100 (jets sent) x 2 (max allied support) = 300 jets.

in the event that e.g. your ally had 100 jets too, both examples would be limited by the 25% support first, so in each case he would send 25 jets (your own attack strength would still be increased by the weap tech, so the examples would give 125 first, then 175)

so, unless your ally has enough mil to more than double your attack strength, I dont belive weapons tech or govt will affect the allied support.

Edited By: afaik on Aug 23rd 2011, 9:33:42
See Original Post

AndrewMose Game profile

Aug 23rd 2011, 11:31:18

Thanks afaik! I think that's what was described by reading through these the link provided by Mapleson, but you provided a great summary. Unfortunately I was able to test a couple scenarios last set (by bouncing a couple attacks).

On a separate note, do all of you find that offensive allies are advantageous? I tend to avoid them.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 23rd 2011, 22:00:52

if your off allies are landgrabbers then you wil find many times that you won't get help from allies and your jets are vanished.

caffeineaddict Game profile

Aug 24th 2011, 6:20:11

and if your an mbr the buggers will wipe out your tanks

Marshal Game profile

Aug 24th 2011, 15:31:15

that too.