Verified:

MorTcuS Game profile

May 9th 2010, 18:39:56

I was wondering, when it comes out, will we only be able to play earth through facebook? Will there be a facebook server only for facebook people and will that server be playable outside facebook?

I don't like facebook and i certainly don't want all my friends to know i'm actively playing a game on it and dont want earth random people to have access to any of my rl information.
174099715 (not in use)

Steam : wargasm1

gregg Game profile

May 10th 2010, 4:18:06

will facebook really accept a game server that has rampant cheating and no discipline?

i doubt it very seriously, i am sorry i just cant see them jeopardizing a multimillion dollar site with a cheat filled game

as soon as facebook does their due diligence they will drop this project faster than LaE tears up the rule book.
RESTRICT LaE to 80% of its cheat size

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

May 10th 2010, 5:06:22

well, for starters, unless things have changed, facebook marketing is targeted at primary server. which i don't beileve LaE has any notable presence in.

secondly, facebook won't give a damn how much "cheating" is going on, as long as it gets them more traffic through their site. hell, at least this game is moderated and developed. most of the facebook games out there are complete and utter fluff, half-developed, and dropped in the laps of flash lovers worldwide.

as for due diligence. ha.

MorTcuS Game profile

May 10th 2010, 15:06:31

U mean most facebook games that makes sense are pay to play like farmville and that other island thing u need to pay to get good stuff. i never tried them but i know from watching south park ^^.
174099715 (not in use)

Steam : wargasm1

iXenomorph Game profile

May 12th 2010, 1:09:07

I don't use facebook.

Can you somehow limit the game to one game account per facebook account? Then you wouldn't have to worry about multies etc

Just a suggestion.
"Have you ever noticed how a cat is genuinely sad when the mouse they are playing with dies ???" - Prima

MrCobalt Game profile

May 12th 2010, 13:59:29

I don't think there are any restrictions to how many facebook accounts you can create

Sethra

May 12th 2010, 19:50:21

Facebook Terms, Section 4 Clause 2 - "You will not create more than one personal profile."

So multi-ing on plain ol' FB itself isn't allowed either. It used to be a problem in the past, don't know about now - left the site a while back due to certain privacy loopholes.

RaTS FYA Game profile

May 13th 2010, 14:52:34

People still do it, I know alot of people that do that, they got one for thier friends, and another for family
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

Desperado Game profile

May 20th 2010, 17:12:25

my gf has two for her, and one for her business

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler

Revolver Game profile

May 24th 2010, 10:30:24

sooooooo many mafia wars players have multiple facebook accounts.. Where there is a game.. there are cheaters.. put it in your heads mates. It's doable to moderate it but it is almost impossible to control is 100%. As for FB, they aren't responsible of the games, their only restriction is that they want more traffic on their site and the game has to pay a yearly fee.

Marshal Game profile

May 24th 2010, 16:44:43

every facepalm game which requires "friends" to help player to achieve/get something has possibility to cheat.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Forgotten1

Jul 8th 2010, 12:11:14

The current Facebook app is going to be just a way to access the game, nothing extra as far as I know.

And I really would love to see llaar make 100 FB accounts.
Forgotten
ICQ 43083642
MSN

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 23rd 2010, 10:36:38

rofl. 100 accounts.

I dont have facebook and wont get it.

I think we're getting very close to launching facebook app.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

Marshal Game profile

Oct 23rd 2010, 18:43:08

its easy to get 100 fb-accounts in few mins.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....