Verified:

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 23rd 2011, 19:51:08

dict casher with a cash start is apparently really crappy or I'm just playing awful this set. I can't figure out why all the people below me are so skinny tho, wtf are they doing with their turns lol?

Chewi Game profile

Nov 23rd 2011, 19:59:22

Tech start is better.

jabberwocky Game profile

Nov 23rd 2011, 20:12:13

tyranny techer isn't all that great either, at least compared to theo.
Turns saved attacking << extra turns spent building.

Rockman Game profile

Nov 24th 2011, 1:34:04

Originally posted by Chewi:
Tech start is better.

Its really hard to convince LaF players to do tech starts, so if Chewi is willing to admit that tech start is better, you know tech start is better.

trep Game profile

Nov 24th 2011, 2:17:20

i love tech starts, used to always run them before =P its just hard to find people running the same "length" tech start to maximize the boost

trep Game profile

Nov 24th 2011, 2:17:57

and yea i've always wondered what people do with all their turns. its like they dont have buildings, land, or bpt...maybe theyre all teching with 3 tpt?

trep Game profile

Nov 24th 2011, 2:51:34

I realized that techer (other than in last set's prices) can't really compete that much as you really can't grow as fast and you're producing less than everyone else too (unless you tech the majority of your turns - which is silly too as then you're not growing).

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 24th 2011, 4:18:39

ya I think I'll do tech start next time. I avoided it this set b/c its such a pain to just get 2 D and 2 intel allies, I didn't want to deal with 3 tech allies as well.

Trep, a techer could consider teching up and switching over to say theo casher. If your bpt is high enough it could be decent.

Chewi Game profile

Nov 24th 2011, 5:23:40

Originally posted by Rockman:
Tech start is better.

Its really hard to convince LaF players to do tech starts, so if Chewi is willing to admit that tech start is better, you know tech start is better.

You still won't catch me doing a tech start on an alliance server.

Rockman Game profile

Nov 24th 2011, 6:32:29

Originally posted by Rockman:
Tech start is better.

You still won't catch me doing a tech start on an alliance server.

Means you'll never do landtrading (or at least never properly). Which is probably true.

Rockman Game profile

Nov 24th 2011, 8:18:55

Originally posted by JJ23:
i think cash start has an advantage if un properly, in most markets, tech start has a minimal disadvantage if you are even a semi proficient landgrabber.

We're talking about cash starts WITHOUT tech leeches.

bakku Game profile

Nov 24th 2011, 11:15:10

cash start in the solo servers seems like a bad idea to me. i've never tried it but i'm assuming you're going to be too fat and will be grabbed constantly

afaik Game profile

Nov 26th 2011, 9:17:06

theo casher is a very efficient startup in express. the theo pop bonus plus the ability to run 460 turns with zero upkeep can really kick it off.

AndrewMose Game profile

Nov 28th 2011, 17:56:08

I've done well in express and tourney with both republic and theo cash starts. It didn't work for me last set in primary though as tech was very expensive to buy early.

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 28th 2011, 23:34:07

ya dict has to go tech start. Theo can go cash start tho, b/c a theo with no tech makes a whole lot more $$/turn than a rep. Rep would take a lot of skill to go cash start, but it might be possible. Certainly with a leach its possible. Curious, the top rep is so far ahead of everyone!

trep Game profile

Nov 29th 2011, 1:23:40

that top rep is just asking to get pwned pretty soon with his grabbing habits though =P