Verified:

Cathankins Game profile

Apr 27th 2022, 14:10:14

Some players use complicated equations and some just play by the seat of their pants.

Which do you do and who is the very best out the of the non-mathematical using players?

g0nz0 Game profile

Apr 27th 2022, 14:30:47

Originally posted by Cathankins:
Some players use complicated equations and some just play by the seat of their pants.

Which do you do and who is the very best out the of the non-mathematical using players?

are you referring to attacks or economy?
Attacks you can do with simple math. Round the numbers. Send extra 10%.

Economy has calculators on eestats.com

Eventually you get to a pattern recognition phase and calculations aren't as necessary as "goals". Land, tech, turns, etc.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 27th 2022, 16:52:15

I don't use any calculations outside what my eyes see in spy ops, then again I've never finished better than 3rd lol, also, what g0nz0 said.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Cathankins Game profile

Apr 27th 2022, 22:36:15

Originally posted by g0nz0:

Eventually you get to a pattern recognition phase and calculations aren't as necessary as "goals". Land, tech, turns, etc.

Whichever, if you guys use calculations to figure out when to stock or other things.

Is it even possible or has anyone hit 100 mil + in primary without doing a lot of math?

Cathankins Game profile

Apr 27th 2022, 22:38:29

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
I don't use any calculations outside what my eyes see in spy ops, then again I've never finished better than 3rd lol, also, what g0nz0 said.

Interesting, I don’t do equations either and my high score is similar to yours with my old account (70’s mil)

I’m wondering if it’s possible to push it higher than that with our play style?

Tmac Game profile

Apr 28th 2022, 0:02:45

You can absolutely get 100m that way if you're very good at getting land. Just get lots of tech, bonus on expenses, and skip stocking. As long as you have a good "feel," you'll do great =)

Cathankins Game profile

Apr 28th 2022, 7:42:48

Originally posted by Tmac:
You can absolutely get 100m that way if you're very good at getting land. Just get lots of tech, bonus on expenses, and skip stocking. As long as you have a good "feel," you'll do great =)

Awesome, thanks man. Just the guy I wanted to hear that from actually.

cordycsw Game profile

Apr 29th 2022, 14:34:54

then u r hands down the best player bro :)

cordycsw Game profile

Apr 29th 2022, 14:36:12

Interesting, I don’t do equations either and my high score is similar to yours with my old account (70’s mil)

lol then now u r 2nd best :) behind koh

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 29th 2022, 18:32:02

Originally posted by cordycsw:

Best of the worst 🤣
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Cathankins Game profile

Apr 29th 2022, 23:21:25

lol then now u r 2nd best :) behind koh

Well I already know I’m the best player, the problem is I’m trying to get the earth communities recognition on this accomplishment as well instead of them thinking noobs like you are. Due to their math-privilege they cannot see the diamond in the rough that Is myself and KoH. Clearly we are the best.

Cathankins Game profile

Apr 29th 2022, 23:25:59

Best of the worst 🤣

It does seem almost incomparable that there’s guys doing mad-scientist calculations to run their countries while you get stoned and just play. Wish a smarter guy would invent an earth empires calculator for the important ones that pulls up on your country toolbar.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 30th 2022, 0:40:44

Best of the worst 🤣

It does seem almost incomparable that there’s guys doing mad-scientist calculations to run their countries while you get stoned and just play. Wish a smarter guy would invent an earth empires calculator for the important ones that pulls up on your country toolbar.

I prefer shine, i despise drugs, lost good friends to them :-/
(•_•)

Cathankins Game profile

Apr 30th 2022, 10:49:13

Best of the worst 🤣

Yea Medicine is truly horrible, i know some woman who has cancer and takes opiates lmao what a piece of crap. I have a cousin who overdosed on marijuana, truly horrific stuff. Don’t want to end up like Elon musk or Johnny depp or Hunter biden

Cathankins Game profile

Apr 30th 2022, 10:54:20

Best of the worst 🤣

I despise meth and crack and all
That stuff too for the record. I’ve come to despise drug laws after watching several family members with cancer abused by our lucrative medical and law enforcement system because they were so desperate to not be in debilitating pain.

I know I’m the odd man out that most Americans don’t support freedom and want to be slaves, I say give them what they want and let israel bring moshiach and let the good little goyim be slaves. Then we will all be happy we will have our freedom and Americans can live like shabbos goyim

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 30th 2022, 19:27:55

/facepalm
(•_•)

farmer Game profile

May 1st 2022, 0:42:31

Stormy Daniels

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 1st 2022, 3:36:10

Yup
(•_•)

g0nz0 Game profile

May 1st 2022, 4:41:22

Originally posted by farmer:
Stormy Daniels

Horse Face is indelible to my hippocampus. I certainly would NOT grab her by the fluff. Woof. She had to pay Trump's legal fees after all that bullfluff. Horse Face and burnt steaks with catsup. Two reasons to never vote Tr*ump.

Cathankins Game profile

May 1st 2022, 11:23:43

/facepalm

Serious man, I’ve spent my entire life watching boomers and American gentiles thank the boot on their neck. I have zero respect for these cattle. They have zero respect for themselves. Drug laws are the main bs reason used to harass them and abuse them, “pull over mam I need to inspect your car for a lortab”

Then off to the systemic torture dungeons where they lock you in the cage to be torture by “them”.

I won’t say who they are but we all know, we just aren’t allowed to say, aren’t allowed to talk about the violence by them. Welcome to America, the land of the free.

g0nz0 Game profile

May 1st 2022, 16:20:58

/facepalm

Serious man, I’ve spent my entire life watching boomers and American gentiles thank the boot on their neck. I have zero respect for these cattle. They have zero respect for themselves. Drug laws are the main bs reason used to harass them and abuse them, “pull over mam I need to inspect your car for a lortab”

Then off to the systemic torture dungeons where they lock you in the cage to be torture by “them”.

I won’t say who they are but we all know, we just aren’t allowed to say, aren’t allowed to talk about the violence by them. Welcome to America, the land of the free.

This is why you lost visitation rights with the kids. You wasted our Disney World fund on fertilizer, a CNC machine, bullets and MRE's. There are containment zones for "you people". Back to court ordered therapy Rufus.

Cathankins Game profile

May 2nd 2022, 3:59:22

/facepalm

This is why you lost visitation rights with the kids. You wasted our Disney World fund on fertilizer, a CNC machine, bullets and MRE's. There are containment zones for "you people". Back to court ordered therapy Rufus.

I’m a zionist Jew, I want to enslave the gentiles. No idea why you would compare me to Christian cattle. I respect my bloodlines and race, Christians obviously do not care about their own people nor do Americans. No idea why you think I would want to associate with either one of those groups.

Yes I do agree your courts are corrupt and abuse their citizens though, I agree this is a likely scenario for speaking out against corruption. It’s very obvious the ruling class in America have betrayed their constituents and Ethnic people.

Cathankins Game profile

May 2nd 2022, 4:12:00

/facepalm

For the record I don’t believe any of they redneck America crap about “much freedom” and all bs. It’s clear Americans themselves don’t care about it freedom as it’s been stripped and they still defend the people who turns their country into a police state.

You would think They would at least stand up for the founding laws of the country but no then don’t even do that.

Now besides the fact that obviously Americans have no problems with their constitution being trampled, the founding idea of the country itself goes against my religion, Judaism.

I believe in following Gods laws when it comes to women’s rights, when it comes to race and multiculturalism, I believe in the torah.

Americans obviously do not, they take great pride in the fact that their country is built on defying Gods laws and freedom from God.

Built on equality, lucifers dream of us all being equal. But that’s not what the torah says is it?

But these America’s you compare me to, they don’t even respect their own satanic laws, you certainly can’t expect me to.

Their ruling clsss I watch abuse them and break all of the laws the founding fathers set, the courts don’t follow any of the founding laws whatsoever. then I watch the citizens not even care.

I geniunekly believe Americans are the ultimate shabbos goyim, no man with self respect or a love of God would be a part of a nation such as that. Truly a godless bunch of Satanists.

Cathankins Game profile

May 2nd 2022, 4:15:09

The only reason I brought up freedom is it’s the founding idea of your country and your people don’t even respect it. Americans don’t even seem to care their citizens are abused the way they are. So why would I care lmao The last few years watching it all crash and burn I have found it pretty amusing and well earned.

Cathankins Game profile

May 2nd 2022, 4:16:23

I’m sorry but I will never be ok with using your authority to hurt people and be cruel to them like I’ve seen in this country and use a excuse like medication to do it. It’s ridiculous and barbaric.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 2nd 2022, 4:37:16

/facepalm

I agree with you on a lot here, I'm a libertarian, live and let live, you have the right to fluff up your life any way you want and I'm ok with your choice to do so for as long as it doesn't interfere why my safety.
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 2nd 2022, 5:49:55

/facepalm

CNC machine for the WIN!
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 3rd 2022, 16:24:00

Playing by feel just means playing worse generally. I do it when it doesnt matter. Such as when the stakes are small or when the benefit of doing the math is limited. But also when I have limited time, such as when I travel.

Doing math normally makes me a better player when I play by feel, because I learn by experience the approximate optimal path.

When I play FFA I become a worse player through and through.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 3rd 2022, 22:26:23

Tmac I would say. He is one of the best in the game and just plays off the cuff.

LightBringer Game profile

May 4th 2022, 0:45:57

Whichever, if you guys use calculations to figure out when to stock or other things.

Is it even possible or has anyone hit 100 mil + in primary without doing a lot of math?

Like Tmac said you can absolutely get over 100m, I have a number of times and I’m utterly useless at math. If you’re talking about economy and stocking and all that, according to you I play off the cuff, the only time I use math is for attacks, and even then, up until recently I hadn’t even been using proper formulas, preferring to be lazy and just oversending massively (or undersending and failing because I didn’t understand how defensive allies worked till like last set lol)
Hello

Rocky79 Game profile

May 4th 2022, 1:55:39

I basically just copy the way Tmac and Gerdler play, because I spied those two a lot my first couple rounds

I'll do the proper math for attacking, (if I spy the target, sometimes just do blind attacks), and calculate how many allies a country has based on their expenses and net worth from the general spy report,

Aside from that math it's pretty simple to just pick a strategy, get as much tech as possible quickly and then just try to grow your land.

I think a lot of players would do much better if they would specialize more, get way higher tech levels, and learn to grab so that they don't get retaliated against.

LightBringer Game profile

May 4th 2022, 5:41:54

Originally posted by Rocky79:

I'll do the proper math for attacking, (if I spy the target, sometimes just do blind attacks), and calculate how many allies a country has based on their expenses and net worth from the general spy report,

Theres a perfect example, I have never done that ever, and I don't even know how to.
Hello

Rocky79 Game profile

May 4th 2022, 12:41:49

Being a member of a Defensive Alliance consumes 0.2% of your networth each turn.

While being in an Intel or Tech alliance requires 0.15% of your networth in support costs.

You will be required to pay $5 per non-cs building you own to the GDI fund as long as you are with us

So.. if you spy someone and you know their net worth, and you know what their alliance expenses are, you can typically figure out if they have 0, 1 or 2 defensive alliances based on a couple of quick calculations and the amounts listed above

Cathankins Game profile

Jul 28th 2022, 19:48:13

Originally posted by LightBringer:
Originally posted by Rocky79:

Theres a perfect example, I have never done that ever, and I don't even know how to.

Oh wow you are really good too I’ve seen your scores, you certainly seem like a contender for the title of no calculations king.

now im nothing Game profile

Jul 28th 2022, 22:35:12

It's me. :P
less defined as days go by. Fading away well you might say I am losing the focus. Kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself

Jul 28th 2022, 22:36:47

I can add I have won a P set without double tapping. But I may just farm the living fluff out everyone, this set.
less defined as days go by. Fading away well you might say I am losing the focus. Kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 28th 2022, 22:41:37

Go for it!

:P
(•_•)

Jul 28th 2022, 22:48:58

When you play by feel, what you learn over the years, if you have a good feel, you have learned through trial and error a lot of calculations, really.

Jul 28th 2022, 22:56:23

Go for it!

I have had a few sets I definitely indulged but in general not so much. One set my plan was to go TOTAL crazy. But it was a very bizarre set. I think the LaF boys were all having some fun. I ended up in a war, and won :) and not with anyone I was farming. I also was the instigator for the crew who was gang banging BIG grabs on people. I picked the weakest link. Prepped, and wrecked. Broke GDI and away we went. . I think serp also ended up in a war, and policy of Truth was taking some bizarre hits on him.

Edited By: now im nothing on Jul 28th 2022, 23:08:32

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 28th 2022, 23:18:06

Originally posted by now im nothing:
Go for it!

I have had a few sets I definitely indulged but in general not so much. One set my plan was to go TOTAL crazy. But it was a very bizarre set. I think the LaF boys were all having some fun. I ended up in a war, and won :) and not with anyone I was farming. I also was the instigator for the crew who was gang banging BIG grabs on people. I picked the weakest link. Prepped, and wrecked. Broke GDI and away we went. . I think serp also ended up in a war, and policy of Truth was taking some bizarre hits on him.

I vaguely remember that set, ya i think I ended up in war too if I'm not mistaken lol
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 28th 2022, 23:18:50

When you play by feel, what you learn over the years, if you have a good feel, you have learned through trial and error a lot of calculations, really.

True too :-)
(•_•)

Serpentor Game profile

Aug 8th 2022, 19:49:48

I used to play by feel, basically on autopilot with no plan, after all those years of Indy. No spread sheets, no calculations of when to stop grabbing, or calculating stock or finishing nw. Only thing I calculated was land grab breaks, although sometimes get lazy and just send max based on nw of target.
The EEVIL Empire

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 26th 2022, 1:12:38

Tmac is the best player not to calculate every turn.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 26th 2022, 15:20:58

I have to agree :-)
(•_•)

HH Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2022, 14:47:05

Tmac has millions of excel sheets, dont let him trick you! :)
HeadHunter