Verified:

zzzzzynxng Game profile

Apr 17th 2019, 19:28:47

Hi guys,

What is a good amount of SDI tech to have?

Thank you,
Z
I dont pop molly, I rock TOM FORD

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2019, 19:43:50

100%

Buy buy buy!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

TidyTerry Game profile

Apr 17th 2019, 19:47:06

Can't go wrong with 100%

zzzzzynxng Game profile

Apr 17th 2019, 19:50:35

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
100%

Buy buy buy!

I did not know 100%SDI is possible.

bug03 Game profile

Apr 17th 2019, 19:51:47

Depends on how many missiles you’re expecting to receive. 50% isn’t good enough for 1a but it’s not terrible in primary.

bug03 Game profile

Apr 17th 2019, 19:51:59

Originally posted by zzzzzynxng:
100%

Buy buy buy!

I did not know 100%SDI is possible.

It’s not

Marshal Game profile

Apr 17th 2019, 21:05:29

but demo gets very close.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 17th 2019, 22:54:59

Ideally you grab so that you dont need any SDI tech. Make sure that everyone you double-tap or more either dont have missiles or are out of your humanitarians range.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2019, 23:18:40

You guys need to shut up, I'm trying to sell my tech....
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2019, 23:18:40

Stupid phone
(•_•)

myrddn Game profile

Apr 18th 2019, 1:39:33

hahahahahahaha

bug03 Game profile

Apr 18th 2019, 2:51:13

You guys need to shut up, I'm trying to sell my tech....
lol

Marshal Game profile

Apr 18th 2019, 19:21:48

lol@koh

so we have gdi-salesman and sdi-salesman.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 18th 2019, 21:56:49

When GDI can no longer protect you....buy SDI :-)
(•_•)

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Apr 19th 2019, 2:35:20

buy lots of food:) u can throw this food at your opponent face (like the egging on new zealand politician).. having lots of food will deter your opponent from sending missiles at u cos u have so much food that it forms a natural meat shield barrier covering your country and bounce the missiles away when they strikes

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 19th 2019, 2:47:20

I never thought of that!
(•_•)

Marshal Game profile

Apr 19th 2019, 17:00:52

real comedians here.

zzzzzynxng Game profile

Apr 19th 2019, 17:53:51

Originally posted by DeLpHiNuS:
buy lots of food:) u can throw this food at your opponent face (like the egging on new zealand politician).. having lots of food will deter your opponent from sending missiles at u cos u have so much food that it forms a natural meat shield barrier covering your country and bounce the missiles away when they strikes

Somehow this seems even less believable than 100%SDI

zzzzzynxng Game profile

Apr 19th 2019, 17:56:34

Koh I am buying your SDI but no way I’m arriving to 100% 😱

zzzzzynxng Game profile

Apr 19th 2019, 17:57:22

Originally posted by Marshal:
real comedians here.

I’m starting to enjoy forums more than the game itself

bug03 Game profile

Apr 19th 2019, 21:08:13

And now you realize why the game survives after 20+ years

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 19th 2019, 21:11:13

Koh I am buying your SDI but no way I’m arriving to 100% 😱

You aren't buying enough!

Buy moar!
(•_•)

bug03 Game profile

Apr 20th 2019, 1:38:38

You should buy stock in my money laundering operation. Looks like I’m gonna have 17 days at $1b/day- how’s $17b stock in primary do these days?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 20th 2019, 1:52:04

Originally posted by bug03:
You should buy stock in my money laundering operation. Looks like I’m gonna have 17 days at $1b/day- how’s $17b stock in primary do these days?

Pretty fluffing good my friend :-)
(•_•)

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Apr 20th 2019, 2:34:28

Somehow this seems even less believable than 100%SDI

lol jokes aside, the link here for the max % u can have for SDI, base on your govt types

http://wiki.earthempires.com/index.php/Research

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Apr 20th 2019, 2:37:36

bro, are u blocking food price at 49 bucks? let me enjoy high food price! you shld be more ambitious in your money laundering.. buy up the cheap food from newbies and sell at 99 hahaha

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 20th 2019, 2:42:28

unless you got a monopoly or you collude with the only other big farmer there should be no way to benefit from making a buyout against a game full of rational players. Most countries are governed by irrational players or bots(no bots on primary) tho, both of which can be taken advantage of.
I have only benefitted from my own buyouts on rare occasions on two servers. Primary is not one of them. It's generally a bad idea and most people lose money in such ventures.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 20th 2019, 2:49:57

Originally posted by Gerdler:
unless you got a monopoly or you collude with the only other big farmer there should be no way to benefit from making a buyout against a game full of rational players. Most countries are governed by irrational players or bots(no bots on primary) tho, both of which can be taken advantage of.
I have only benefitted from my own buyouts on rare occasions on two servers. Primary is not one of them. It's generally a bad idea and most people lose money in such ventures.

Actually I have not seen the large amounts of rainbows as I've seen this set on here, tons of them....
(•_•)

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Apr 20th 2019, 3:02:35

well, my daily food produce is nearly 1/3 of the daily food market transacted volume.. there are so little players and lots of rainbows around and one big veteran player can determine the market price of the particular commodity.. the top 3 farmers here basically should be able to produce about nearly 3/4 of the market demand lol..

bug03 Game profile

Apr 20th 2019, 3:31:29

bro, are u blocking food price at 49 bucks? let me enjoy high food price! you shld be more ambitious in your money laundering.. buy up the cheap food from newbies and sell at 99 hahaha

Yep, I blocked you at 49 and 59. Sorry, I’m trying to win and that ain’t gonna happen if I’m stocking $50 bushels

bug03 Game profile

Apr 20th 2019, 3:32:55

The other day I bought out the market on accident...

Edit: accidentally set a standing order at $380 instead of 38 and got lucky no one had food more expensive than 50

Edited By: bug03 on Apr 20th 2019, 3:39:21
See Original Post

bug03 Game profile

Apr 20th 2019, 3:35:04

In fact delphinus, I put a so up for 200m bushels at $40. So at least I have set a new price floor for you XD

bug03 Game profile

Apr 20th 2019, 3:38:03

Pretty fluffing good my friend :-)

I’m gonna have to jump earlier than expected because of my terrible grabbing of late. I’ll be lucky to make it to 40k now

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Apr 20th 2019, 6:14:24

Edit: accidentally set a standing order at $380 instead of 38 and got lucky no one had food more expensive than 50

yea those smaller farmers have been putting low price.. i have been controlling the food supply and selling food that i deem excess to my private market.. the demand should be going to be more than the current supply, now that the top is going to start stockpiling.. of cos the increased demand could be met if i supply all my food to the market.. if im lucky, maybe the increasing demand is still more than the supply, and your food blockage may get bought out as well haha

Cumorah Game profile

Apr 20th 2019, 6:21:33

yea those smaller farmers have been putting low price.. i have been controlling the food supply and selling food that i deem excess to my private market.. the demand should be going to be more than the current supply, now that the top is going to start stockpiling.. of cos the increased demand could be met if i supply all my food to the market.. if im lucky, maybe the increasing demand is still more than the supply, and your food blockage may get bought out as well haha

Please explain to me how the private market works - why wouldn’t you just sell in the public market?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 20th 2019, 7:17:19

Originally posted by Cumorah:

Please explain to me how the private market works - why wouldn’t you just sell in the public market?

Pure unadulterated greed, he's a greedy bastard and doesn't want us to get his food :-(
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 20th 2019, 8:50:13

Thats the problem, if you raise the price the demand goes down. Anyone who is stockpiling isnt buying a set amount of bushels a day but he buys bushels maybe with a set number of dollars each day. And a good player doesnt even do that but we change our behaviours depending on the food price - If the price is high enough or the market is thin enough we will avoid stocking bushels and you farmers will have lost part of the potential of your income peak which is around now.

Cumorah Game profile

Apr 20th 2019, 11:19:05

Pure unadulterated greed, he's a greedy bastard and doesn't want us to get his food :-(

So they are selling at a lower price than the public market just so there is less food in the market? Sounds very Chairman Mao-ish.

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Apr 20th 2019, 12:40:57

So they are selling at a lower price than the public market just so there is less food in the market? Sounds very Chairman Mao-ish.

imagine i throw out 10+mil food at a certain price everyday.. the smaller farmers upon seeing this huge block will undercut the price.. of cos it wouldnt matter if demand exceeds supply, but that isint the case cos there are tonnes of rainbow this round, so i cannot throw all the food out to public market and i rather throw it to private market so that ppl cant stockpile cheap food lol.. basically those who are buying food are mostly from the top 30 or so.. but at this point in time now, there shld be demand cos the top guys will spend the excess money to buy food for stockpiling, instead of putting more money to buy tech cos they shld be having good tech figures alr..

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Apr 20th 2019, 12:57:40

Thats the problem, if you raise the price the demand goes down. Anyone who is stockpiling isnt buying a set amount of bushels a day but he buys bushels maybe with a set number of dollars each day. And a good player doesnt even do that but we change our behaviours depending on the food price - If the price is high enough or the market is thin enough we will avoid stocking bushels and you farmers will have lost part of the potential of your income peak which is around now.

of cos if food price increase, demand will fall, based on supply and demand mechanics supposedly.. but i would not have too much of a problem with that if the demand far outstrips supply.. non farmers will need food to play their turns.. if there is no food in market, they cant play their turns, but the farmers will still be able to do so (even if it means buying slightly more expensive military units in private market, if commies cant play turns and sell their goods).. at this point in time, i do not need much tech as well, so not a problem if techers cant play their turns.. i will still be able to play my turns no matter what cos i have the option to sell food to private market at 35 bucks which is still a reasonable price, if i need the cash.. remember that at this point in time, i also will be stocking up food and i can choose not to sell food if i think price is not attractive.. if there is no food in market, u do not even need to talk about stockpiling, cos non farmers cant play their turns..

Cumorah Game profile

Apr 20th 2019, 13:05:19

of cos if food price increase, demand will fall, based on supply and demand mechanics supposedly.. but i would not have too much of a problem with that if the demand far outstrips supply.. non farmers will need food to play their turns.. if there is no food in market, they cant play their turns, but the farmers will still be able to do so (even if it means buying slightly more expensive military units in private market, if commies cant play turns and sell their goods).. at this point in time, i do not need much tech as well, so not a problem if techers cant play their turns.. i will still be able to play my turns no matter what cos i have the option to sell food to private market at 35 bucks which is still a reasonable price, if i need the cash.. remember that at this point in time, i also will be stocking up food and i can choose not to sell food if i think price is not attractive.. if there is no food in market, u do not even need to talk about stockpiling, cos non farmers cant play their turns..

I think I underestimate your sneakiness!

Cumorah Game profile

Apr 20th 2019, 13:06:50

But they can still buy food on the private market?

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Apr 20th 2019, 13:13:55

dont worry i will still do my small part to feed everyone lol.. and anyway im not the only big food producer here.. we have at least 2 more food producer in the top 20.. so as much as i want to enjoy my time now with the higher food prices, im still leaving it to market.. hope the other 2 big farmers dont sell food too cheaply haha

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Apr 20th 2019, 13:15:13

yup u can, at 300+ bucks, while i get my military units at 160+ bucks in private.. i can sell my food to u at a discounted price of 200+ in public.. deal? lol

Cumorah Game profile

Apr 20th 2019, 14:32:26

yup u can, at 300+ bucks, while i get my military units at 160+ bucks in private.. i can sell my food to u at a discounted price of 200+ in public.. deal? lol

Yeah I see. Well, lucky for me I always keep a little extra food for a rainy day.

Good luck.

bug03 Game profile

Apr 20th 2019, 16:30:56

if My food sells I won’t be mad

Original Skywise L Game profile

Apr 30th 2019, 22:03:59

After warring most of early set with Turlas, and then his multi account, my farmer couldn't get the land needed to compete against the top players here; all of you upper ranked countries took advantage of me and my position (like I would have), so I have undercut the food market by a couple of dollars, quite often to just sell faster.

Cumorah, I hope you still enjoy the set, and very nice SDI btw, but if we do not ally next set or ever, I hope you realize at the very least, I'm not a push- over to make excessive grabs against. Even low ranked countries can cause a headache, and I talked through it in messages to you ingame, so no surprise surely. Otherwise, I'd have followed through with tanks tomorrow, and I believe your SDI would have allowed in more missiles and your tank count could have been over came. It was game personal, but not RL personal.
Some kind of retribution remained my only goal. I couldn't get everyone who needed retalled so to all of you whom were never retalled, you're welcome.
Also... if you act fast enough, I sold my food on public instead of immediately on private to buy SDI myself (my mistake)... I'm open for a much worse missile dump than you took if you read this in time to stop me from buying up;-)
Skywise

bug03 Game profile

Apr 30th 2019, 22:06:30

Yeah Cumorah bought all the sdi. Well done

Apr 30th 2019, 22:07:16

You have 25 minutes, by then I'll have plenty of my own SDI.
Skywise

Apr 30th 2019, 22:32:41

Ok, too late. Bombs away.
Skywise