Verified:

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 8th 2021, 0:16:19

Back on the saddle, let's roll!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 8th 2021, 0:22:20

I'll likely do farmer but can do techer if the pool is thin, nonetheless I'll need tech start allies :-)

Better Run Through The Jungle.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Tmac Game profile

Jan 8th 2021, 0:43:53

I'm glad you're back!

Kryptic

Jan 8th 2021, 1:48:59

Welcome back KoH!

I'll be teching as usual.

In the Round 66 topic, Rob mentioned he'd be playing techer this round, but I don't know if that still holds true.

Anarchist Game profile

Jan 8th 2021, 1:58:12

I'll probably be tech as well

Rob Game profile

Jan 8th 2021, 6:28:44

Farmer or techer here
Not sure yet, but leaning towards farmer

Tech start allies needed as well either way

Cumorah Game profile

Jan 8th 2021, 10:08:29

Going commie as always - tech start (allies welcome) and may tech for a few extra days this time around just in case we have a repeat of last set.

Cumorah Game profile

Jan 8th 2021, 10:09:48

I ran with almost no SDI last set - 70+ missiles Plus all the spy ops took their toll. :-)

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Jan 8th 2021, 12:03:06

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
I'll likely do farmer but can do techer if the pool is thin, nonetheless I'll need tech start allies :-)

Better Run Through The Jungle.

welcome back.. hit me up on the alliance again:)

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Jan 8th 2021, 12:04:46

feel like trying smth for a change.. any players played military base + theocracy before? is it fun?

Anarchist Game profile

Jan 8th 2021, 12:16:15

Originally posted by Cumorah:
Going commie as always - tech start (allies welcome) and may tech for a few extra days this time around just in case we have a repeat of last set.

Commie is something I can't get the hang of kudos to everyone who can tho

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 8th 2021, 19:16:02

Thanks guys!

Originally posted by DeLpHiNuS:
feel like trying smth for a change.. any players played military base + theocracy before? is it fun?

I don't think that's a viable strat with such a small player pool 🤷
(•_•)

archaic Game profile

Jan 8th 2021, 23:00:04

So, how does one go about winning this server?
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 9th 2021, 2:26:36

Get FAT and win!
(•_•)

Rob Game profile

Jan 9th 2021, 4:21:39

If youre asking about strat, then i would say rep casher is probably the best for most sets

TidyTerry Game profile

Jan 9th 2021, 18:49:28

I ate a cookie

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 9th 2021, 20:10:31

Originally posted by Rob:
If youre asking about strat, then i would say rep casher is probably the best for most sets

Rep casher is the most consistent in terms of market conditions but probably the least consistent in terms of actual PvP gameplay.

Farmer also start out slow but farmers can accept losing land and retal and the turns lost in that trade for, usually, more land back. Turn efficiency is more important for cashers.

I would say Indy and techer has equally the most consistent pvp gameplay so you can always get a decent NW with them.

archaic Game profile

Jan 10th 2021, 0:47:39

Originally posted by Gerdler:

Rep casher is the most consistent in terms of market conditions but probably the least consistent in terms of actual PvP gameplay.

Farmer also start out slow but farmers can accept losing land and retal and the turns lost in that trade for, usually, more land back. Turn efficiency is more important for cashers.

I would say Indy and techer has equally the most consistent pvp gameplay so you can always get a decent NW with them.

Tyr-Techer like the old days or something fancy like a Dict or Demo Techer?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 10th 2021, 2:03:51

Demo-Techer is best option of those three, arch, you can play with the 0 commission market.
(•_•)

archaic Game profile

Jan 10th 2021, 5:12:34

Thats how I was leaning. I don't plan on grabbing, I figure as long as I win all of my retals I can make enough land. If I was going to grab, I'd play a tyr, but FFS people are so twitchy about doing 5X chems for a grab just to start a dumb war and fluff all over both countries.

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Jan 12th 2021, 14:37:14

Farmer or techer here

it looks like relax is not playing.. rob, are u going farmer to balance out?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 12th 2021, 16:13:08

He's leaning techer, he asked me what I was doing to decide, I'm going farmer.
(•_•)

TidyTerry Game profile

Jan 12th 2021, 19:46:49

Farmers feed cities...doesn't stop land grabs from those cities though.

Rob Game profile

Jan 13th 2021, 2:13:31

Ok so if Delphi & KoH are both farming, then im teching.

Penguinbeng Game profile

Jan 13th 2021, 2:48:40

anyone still looking for tech start allies? feel free to pm me if needed

Rob Game profile

Jan 13th 2021, 7:57:05

Don’t tech start.
Buy my tech instead.

Penguinbeng Game profile

Jan 13th 2021, 8:23:12

Farmer or techer here

no, be my ally instead

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 13th 2021, 14:15:17

Bonus

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Jan 13th 2021, 14:49:55

i wanna try theo+military bases to see how it goes.. never try this strat before haha

Kryptic

Jan 13th 2021, 15:02:04

Think about all the starving countries! 😆

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 13th 2021, 15:42:48

Instead of building a lot of farms on his land, he is choosing to become farmland :D

Rob Game profile

Jan 14th 2021, 0:05:49

i wanna try theo+military bases to see how it goes.. never try this strat before haha

No way this works. You can maybe convert to tmbr later if you feel like it, but not from the start

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 14th 2021, 0:18:47

need a market that demands troops and tanks for that... so primary is a non-starter. :/

Team maybe, or alliance IF you time your conversion to the same time the wars start... problem is that just staying techer will be better.

Cumorah Game profile

Jan 14th 2021, 6:26:57

Still have 1 def and 1 research spot open if anyone needs?

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Jan 14th 2021, 11:41:58

hmm i have no idea what would be the turret/jets price actually after i max out the tech and with theo + military base.. anyone has a rough idea on the prices so that i can see if reselling is worth it?

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Jan 14th 2021, 11:46:16

Originally posted by Molotov:
Instead of building a lot of farms on his land, he is choosing to become farmland :D

that's a new strat lol.. ppl supply military, food, tech to the market.. i supply land hahaha

Tmac Game profile

Jan 14th 2021, 14:52:03

77/103/112/323. Troops/jets/turrets/tanks. Bonus =)

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 14th 2021, 18:36:36

Originally posted by Tmac:
77/103/112/323. Troops/jets/turrets/tanks. Bonus =)

After commission that means you need turrets selling at 119 to make any profit at all. If you're selling at say $135, you're making $15 per turret and $18 per jet.

Now, there's only 3 GDI commies so far, and maybe one commie-to-be that's still a monarchy. IF there's a military shortage, like I suspect there will be, then there could be money to be made there on jets/turrets. But how much?

You have to factor in your market size.

at 10k land, you'll generate 1.2m jets and 1.2m turrets/day (plus bonus if you invest there)
At the $135 rate, that's like $21m on jets and $18m on turrets. Per day

Not even clearing $40,000,000 in a day on 10k land LOL

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 14th 2021, 18:43:40

Like I guess that doesn't cover peripheral profits from running turns but that's going to be pretty weak too

Rob Game profile

Jan 14th 2021, 23:19:48

Don’t do it Delphi. Feed the server food instead.

Kryptic

Jan 14th 2021, 23:58:11

#FeedTheServer

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Jan 15th 2021, 14:45:31

ahh i see, thanks for the info guys! wasnt that lucrative to be theo+military base as i thought.. i think i probably going to go for commie then.. we have koh and another veteran going for farmer.. last round i was left as the only big farmer after relax went inactive, and yet i still cant sell my food.. so seems good enough for the server with 2 veteran farmers.. we have cumorah and another frequent top 10 commie.. probably we will need a commie veteran to balance the military units prices (since cumorah tends to engage in fights and may hurt military supply).. so i think should have space for a 3rd commie veteran..

rob, u going techer right? if so then i guess we are good with kryptic and u there balancing out the tech portion..

good luck and have fun guys.. this round seems to have smaller pool of ppl

Rob Game profile

Jan 16th 2021, 0:10:55

Yup I’m teching

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 16th 2021, 0:35:33

If you couldnt sell your food you sold it too high. At those prices last set many with the ability to just build farms for their own needs which is really inefficient. I was saying all along that someone was stocking food and thats why the food prices were too high. Turns out it was the only farmer stocking food(getting it stuck=stocking).

But yeah if the price gets too high first ppl will stop taking turns and wait for better days and if it continues some will overflow, some will build farms. You want neither of that to happen as the server's only farmer.

archaic Game profile

Jan 16th 2021, 18:24:52

Looking for full set tech allies, PM if interested or if you just want to suicide me

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Jan 17th 2021, 12:06:10

If you couldnt sell your food you sold it too high. At those prices last set many with the ability to just build farms for their own needs which is really inefficient. I was saying all along that someone was stocking food and thats why the food prices were too high. Turns out it was the only farmer stocking food(getting it stuck=stocking).

But yeah if the price gets too high first ppl will stop taking turns and wait for better days and if it continues some will overflow, some will build farms. You want neither of that to happen as the server's only farmer.

i wasnt actually stocking food, i have been trying to sell them everyday.. i figure that since i was the only big farmer left, im actually kinda monopolising the price and so the food price is kinda justified.. i actually sold about half of what i put up in market everyday, so it wasnt exactly overpriced, just that with the huge food block at certain price set by me, it makes sense for smaller players and de-stockers to undercut me.. i have to be careful of not crashing the food price and therefore have not been uncutting the price.. at late stage, we have many big players not playing or not in running anymore, so it kinda impacted the food demand.. it makes no sense for me to supply cheap food for ppl to stock.. all about supply and demand

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 17th 2021, 20:00:52

What he meant is you were unintentionally stocking due to your pricing being above what market was willing to pay 😉
(•_•)

TidyTerry Game profile

Jan 18th 2021, 10:35:08

I get Master Splinter to train my troops.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 18th 2021, 18:01:07

So...69 & 70 was a multi... Both purple now LOL
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 19th 2021, 0:03:51

i wasnt actually stocking food, i have been trying to sell them everyday.. i figure that since i was the only big farmer left, im actually kinda monopolising the price and so the food price is kinda justified.. i actually sold about half of what i put up in market everyday, so it wasnt exactly overpriced, just that with the huge food block at certain price set by me, it makes sense for smaller players and de-stockers to undercut me.. i have to be careful of not crashing the food price and therefore have not been uncutting the price.. at late stage, we have many big players not playing or not in running anymore, so it kinda impacted the food demand.. it makes no sense for me to supply cheap food for ppl to stock.. all about supply and demand

People quit taking turns or build farms when the food price is $80+, you put the price there, you alone lowered demand for food.

We can see the result that you misplayed not only for others but also for yourself. Being the only farmer you should at the very least managed 110-120m NW with that acreage. You got lower NW/land than Tmac and he was a casher in a set with super high food and tech prices.

When you are a techer; sell your tech. When you are a farmer; sell your food. All else is secondary.