Verified:

dantzig Game profile

Jan 25th 2011, 14:34:13

Just logged into a country that was missing 30% of its land and 60% of its buildings. A missile country that I had never touched unloaded on me. That's the breaking point for me; I'm done with Primary and Tourney until/unless some form of the Express GDI rules are enacted here.

Yeah, I guess I should have carried more SDI if I wanted to succeed. That was my next tech to buy lol

I'm just done with game types where some idiot can ruin your set for no reason at all.
FoG

paulie Game profile

Jan 25th 2011, 16:00:47

STIck with it... I wish I could fa ya, but they don't seem to allow that here
FOG!!

dantzig Game profile

Jan 25th 2011, 19:21:21

Too late. I deleted my countries in Primary and Tourney A. I've decided that the frustration that I experience whenever this happens outweighs the enjoyment. It took me 25 days to build my country and less than 3 minutes for an idiot to destroy it without provocation and with zero skill required.
FoG

Rockman Game profile

Jan 25th 2011, 19:28:51

Originally posted by dantzig:
Too late. I deleted my countries in Primary and Tourney A. I've decided that the frustration that I experience whenever this happens outweighs the enjoyment. It took me 25 days to build my country and less than 3 minutes for an idiot to destroy it without provocation and with zero skill required.

Thats why I don't try netting anymore. But warring can still be fun.

Prima Game profile

Jan 25th 2011, 20:26:11

that is messed up ..Dantzig

solo servers are different though, much more random, you have to play your country knowing it will ultimately be destroyed. If you get lucky then you survive the reset relatively unscathed, if not then it just part of what a solo server is about.

Alliance servers farm untags, and solo servers have these types of events. It's the nature of the game and the excuses are all pretty much the same, i.e. Alliance: Then join an alliance / Solo: protect your country better.

Does not change the fact that it really sux to be on the receiving end, unless you go into it willing while mentally prepped for a worst case scenario.

--- Any country that comes out of a reset alive is a bonus for me ;) if i finish top 50 then even better. Just play for the enjoyment of playing and not for the top 10 especially on solo servers

... if you get lucky then you get a top 10, if not then you land where ever. if the reset is ruined i.e. out of top x goal set then destock and have fun annihilating said country ;)

ZDH: Doesn't the Tigress do all the hunting and killing anyway?
Happy Hunting - Tigress

Serpentor Game profile

Jan 25th 2011, 20:34:47

Too bad, you were a strong ally. It was a good run while it lasted. See you in alliance I guess.

Serpentor
The EEVIL Empire

dantzig Game profile

Jan 25th 2011, 21:42:21

Even with very high/maxed SDI (with my acres, 500k pts for 88%, 1.4+mil pts for 90%), odds are that at least a couple missiles would have gotten though and I would have lost a significant amount of tech for the ones that didn't get through.

Stuff like this is BS on solo servers.

Yeah, I'm fluffing, moaning, whining, and complaining. It might not be becoming but I'm honestly fed up with this type of crap.
FoG

Prima Game profile

Jan 25th 2011, 22:00:19

Dantzig ... I just looked at the stats, you took 17k land in landgrabs and lost 4K to nukes and the country was still sitting @ 19K+ land.

... darn it you still had a great country, you should have just played it out :( Based on the LGs I saw you make ...6-8 landgrabs and you would have recovered the land. I know it's a PITA when this type of thing happens but darn it don't make snap decisions :p

--- every netter should play at least one reset untagged on the alliance server so they can learn patience and not care so much when chit like this happens :D <<<-- (It's a humbling experience)
Happy Hunting - Tigress

BobbyATA Game profile

Jan 25th 2011, 22:10:38

humbling? I'm about to break 100M NW untagged on alliance:P

Dantzig what country were you? Sorry I'm lazy about news checking

Prima Game profile

Jan 25th 2011, 22:19:49

lol BobbyATA not many can do that including me, -- especially when they start mid-set :p
Happy Hunting - Tigress

dantzig Game profile

Jan 25th 2011, 23:10:28

19k ain't a great thing when you've lost 60% of your BPT and buildings lol
FoG

braden Game profile

Jan 25th 2011, 23:18:31

that is lame, dantzig. this is never good, i hear where you're coming from.

i ran a slow ass starting rep casher so am so far behind from early grabs that im not in a position to be screwed like you, but know full well what its like.

Prima Game profile

Jan 25th 2011, 23:51:56

Originally posted by dantzig:
19k ain't a great thing when you've lost 60% of your BPT and buildings lol

go MBR early?

--- I know it's ef'd up, just sad to see a great country go down like that ;(
Happy Hunting - Tigress

MorTcuS Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 0:48:27

this sucks i wanted to retal u :P
174099715 (not in use)

Steam : wargasm1

Trippster Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 2:50:25

dantzig I apologize for ruining your tourny country. Please don't quit because of me. When you said you were prepared to go to war I took it as a challenge. I get bored running the same TLC (Top Level Commie) and although I'm not a warmonger ... a war every now and then is fun. I thought you felt the same. The last thing I want to do is turn people from the game.

Tripp
Ignore the smiley.
I have 10 tabs open.
I may or may not be here.

Ivan Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 13:29:49

Not sure which country was yours on primary as i cant be arsed to look, however this set ive been hit a couple of times myself and whats really pissing me off with getting hit is that they know i can rape them in retals

primary has sooo many good targets so why does people have to bother with the ones who can/will fluff you up when theres 2 billion who cant make a dent on you

Tbh i wouldnt have any problems fluffing someone up cause of stuff like this when its repeated

Rob Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 15:49:04

Sorry to hear that dantzig, really tough luck. Your countries were looking really good, esp the tourney one.

Ivan, multitaps are all right for violent retals but single taps like the one dantzig did certainly doesn't deserve being hit like that.

Ivan Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 16:46:56

shrug, each to their own if you hit me knowing that I can retal you then yer just dumb as fluff

if you do it twice well then youve crossed the limit

And no i havnt done anything to anyone yet

dantzig Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 16:55:26

Originally posted by Trippster:
dantzig I apologize for ruining your tourny country. Please don't quit because of me. When you said you were prepared to go to war I took it as a challenge. I get bored running the same TLC (Top Level Commie) and although I'm not a warmonger ... a war every now and then is fun. I thought you felt the same. The last thing I want to do is turn people from the game.

Tripp

Don't worry, this isn't because of you. Bleh, I was just going to soldier on in Tourney until I reached maximum frustration in Primary. It's more of a personal issue for me, I suppose. I don't get as pissed off when things don't go according to plan in Express and BS stuff like this is a lot less likely to happen because of the rules there.

BTW, I never touched 22, not even a spy op: http://www.eestats.com/primary/country/22

Most people in Primary seem to play by the unwritten "gentleman's rules" that one grab is okay and one retal attack within a reasonable timeframe is allowed/expected. I don't have a problem with that. If you hit someone who can hit you back, you should pay for it. Also, if you relentlessly farm people, you should pay for it. Hell, I'll even eat a missile or a special attack as retal for an LG but getting hit with a ton of missiles/special attacks out of nowhere from a purpose-built country is frustrating bullfluff.

See you guys in Express :)
FoG

kwmi Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 17:38:10

happened to me last set and I ran the guy into the ground. Be a man and get even!
MKR - HFA

spawn Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 18:27:19

you were butterface? man that sucks, we've send each other quite some msgs and i was really rooting for you as top commie :-/
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

Carousel Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 19:42:30

It's hilarious that you guys whine about this on a war game.

Rockman Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 19:50:15

Originally posted by Carousel:
It's hilarious that you guys whine about this on a war game.

To some people it is a war game, to other people it is an economic game. Ruining someone else's experience without provocation or benefit to your own experience is something that should be complained about.

Carousel Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 20:09:32

Make a PVE server where attacking eachother is impossible then, leave the other ones alone wtf

Rockman Game profile

Jan 26th 2011, 20:14:44

Attacking someone to benefit yourself is very different from attacking someone to your own detriment and without provocation just to be a douchebag.

Its sad that you fail to see this difference.

alexbajd Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 2:12:20

If you landgrab your way up to 22K acres you run the risk of making enemies. And if you're foolish enough to do it without significant tanks or SDI, you run the risk of getting hit and hit hard.

All I'm getting from this thread is, "I like to attack other players in order to build my awesome country, but if someone hits me I'm going to take my ball and go home. Waaahhh!"

Too bad, so sad.
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock.

Carousel Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 2:21:44

Rockman, have a hard defense or strong enough offense to fight back. It's a game, if you gamble one strategy you risk getting fluffed. Simple as that. It's sad you fail to see this difference.

Carousel Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 2:22:54

PS; I completely agree with alex.

You losers on this forum make me rage, all you do is fluff and whine about getting killed. Big deal, your country got destroyed.. Wait a month to play again

Rockman Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 3:30:49

Originally posted by alexbajd:
If you landgrab your way up to 22K acres you run the risk of making enemies. And if you're foolish enough to do it without significant tanks or SDI, you run the risk of getting hit and hit hard.

All I'm getting from this thread is, "I like to attack other players in order to build my awesome country, but if someone hits me I'm going to take my ball and go home. Waaahhh!"

Too bad, so sad.

And yet it was none of those enemies that hit him. If it was someone he grabbed, your idea would be legit. But given how even all-explore countries will get missiled without provocation, your post shows how clueless you are.

Rockman Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 3:31:55

P.S. does either of you idiots know what "without provocation" means?

Dragonlance Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 4:22:25

maybe someone he hit had a friend do the hits?

that would not surprise me.

alexbajd Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 4:52:26

Rockman:

I will make three points for you, and I'll use small words so that you'll be sure to understand. I even think I can explain these points for you without calling you either an idiot or a douchebag.

1. This is a war game. If you want to avoid being attacked successfully, get some defense. If you absolutely don't like the "war" part of the game, switch to tiddly winks. And if you cry about being attacked while playing a war game, you should be prepared to face the derision you deserve -- because a failure to acknowledge easily foreseen consequences is simply immature.

2. It's inconsistent to be in favor of attacking other countries when you are the attacker, but to be offended by attacks when you are the target. This is known as a using a double-standard. When someone employs a double-standard and then whines, "it's not fair!" when the standard is applied back against them, they are called hypocrites and are mocked even in polite society.

3. You are assuming that there was no "provocation" behind the attack. Not that there needs to be (see #1 -- This is a War Game), but the point is that you have no idea whether there was or not. Drawing conclusions without being aware of the pertinent underlying facts is known as ignorance.

Hopefully I have made these points clear to you and have done so in a way that even you can understand. Next time, before you resort to calling people idiots or douchebags, you should try thinking things through.

BobbyATA Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 5:01:53

alex you make some decent points, too bad you started off your lovely post by insulting Rockman, one of the more intelligent and patient people on this forum...

alexbajd Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 5:03:41

I tried not to be nasty, but was a little peeved at having been called an idiot and a douchebag.

MorTcuS Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 5:08:45

Its funny alot of people claim this is a war game and everything. Id be curious in a poll how many would say its a war game and how many would say solo = net clans = war or something along those lines.
174099715 (not in use)

Steam : wargasm1

Trippster Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 5:36:34

Myself, I've always seen it as a management game. It's about balancing the management of ALL aspects of the game ... bring able to create an economy ... create a military capable of keeping what you gain ... diplomacy ... the ability to fight when necessary ... adjusting to market factors ... knowing how much tech and in what areas it's needed for the strat you play and type player you are.
I've been attacked/suicided on as much as anyone else in this game. It's all part of it. I have good finishes and I have bad finishes. Oh well. Finishing top 10 is cool but so is winning a war. Either way I have fun. If I loose a war or just run my strat poorly and don't finish well I just try to use that to improve my overall gameplay.
Ignore the smiley.
I have 10 tabs open.
I may or may not be here.

Rockman Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 6:05:44

Having played all-explore countries that get suicided without provocation, I can assure you that people suiciding & missiling without provocation is not a rare occurrence. You've just not built good enough all-explore countries to see this first hand.

This is partly a war game, but picking a fight with someone who isn't looking for a war and didn't provoke a war would be like a level 85 in World of Warcraft going around ganking lowbies. It is lame, cowardly, and takes no skill. If you have any decency, you'll pick a fight with someone who deserves it, or at least with someone who is looking for a fight.

Alex - your three points are completely invalid.
The first point is invalid because it is impossible to defend yourself adequately from an enemy who wants to destroy you. You cannot have sufficient turrets, tanks, and SDI to defend yourself against someone who is given the chance to stockpile and find and exploit your weak point.
The second point is invalid because I have never advocated a double standard. I have differentiated between doing something to benefit your own country and doing something just to harm someone else. I have never asked for a different standard to apply to me than I apply to others.
The third point is not valid because I know how often there is no provocation, and I am quite sure that dantzig's suicider was unprovoked. I know first hand that suiciding without provocation is quite common.

Lastly, I am a warmonger who has no interest in netting. However, I won't go around ruining people's countries without provocation. Such actions will lead to the demise of Earth Empires. However, if someone picks a fight with me, I will wreck them and/or their alliance.

I've been attacked thousands of times this set in alliance - literally. And I've not complained about it at all. I enjoy it, in fact.

The reason I called you guys idiots was that I clearly said in my posts that hitting someone without provocation was lame, and you chose to ignore that I had qualified my statements with the requirement that the actions were done without provocation. I have no qualms at all about grabbing/suiciding a person who has hit or farmed me. In fact, I don't even feel bad about grabbing and/or suiciding a person who is merely in the same alliance as someone who has farmed me. But I won't go around farming, missiling, or ABing people who have not provoked me AND are not hiding behind the tag protection of an alliance that has provoked me.

alexbajd Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 7:18:07

If you still think my points are "completely invalid" we may have to simply agree to disagree -- but there are some facts which you should know which might lead us to some common ground.

First, I never applied the "don't be such a crybaby -- it's a wargame" points to you. These applied to the original poster dantzig who, in my view, was happy to attack other players but quit in a fit of pique when he was attacked himself.

Second, the attack on dantzig was not a *random* event that took place without provocation. I know this for a fact because the player who hit him was me.

What actually happened was this: although dantzig never hit my country, he had farmed two of my allies. On the day I hit him I logged on to see a bunch of "your ally has been hit / you lose X military" messages. The hits were from multiple players but dantzig had the bad luck to be on top -- and I had seen him before in my news. So I spied his country and found that he had minimal tanks and zero SDI. My allies were not in a position to retal against him but I was. So I hit him -- hard.

His country was twice as big as mine and I fully expected to get some very rough treatment the next day ... but it never came. No one was more surprised than me to see that he had completely caved and self-deleted.

Now you know the facts, and here's where I suggest we might find common ground: I agree with you that random suiciding just for the sake of suiciding is lame (although that was not the case here). But I also think that collapsing when being attacked by an enemy half your size, quitting, and then whining about it on the boards is also lame. Maybe you'll agree with that, too.

Cheers.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 27th 2011, 9:13:52

Looks like dantzig did a bunch of single taps. He did not "farm your allies". You retalled with 18 missiles for 1 or 2 landgrabs on your allies. Why aren't your allies capable of producing missiles and launching them? That must be one of the easiest things to do in the game.

I can't remember an admin ever describing primary as a "war game". If you want to play a "war game" and stick up for your buddies then go to a clan server.

Ivan Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 13:49:23

I think hes funny that hes most likely using a fake nick

aponic Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 14:48:05

I gather that Carousel is an idiot who can't make a decent country.
SOF
Cerevisi

Carousel Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 18:52:56

I make fine countries, but I play to fight. You guys play to build the most epicest countray evar!! and when someone attacks you, you probably physically get angry, which is what I love. Cry and whine more kiddos

aponic Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 18:56:45

How the hell do you know what I play? You are an assertive ass.
SOF
Cerevisi

Carousel Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 19:08:54

How do you know I can't make a decent country?

You're a virginerd

Rockman Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 20:13:29

Originally posted by Rockman:

I've been attacked thousands of times this set in alliance - literally. And I've not complained about it at all. I enjoy it, in fact.

And yet you say

I make fine countries, but I play to fight. You guys play to build the most epicest countray evar!! and when someone attacks you, you probably physically get angry, which is what I love. Cry and whine more kiddos

On the alliance server, my countries have been attacked:
264 times, 1113 times, 1395 times, 808 times, 300 times, and 187 times (my current country). And that's just for this set.

There are numerous alliances that would accept me if I decided I was tired of getting attacked. Yet I choose to play knowing I will get farmed to the ground.

And by farmed to the ground, I mean actually farmed. Not being hit once or twice like Alex's allies; I mean often getting hit hundreds of times in a day.

Carousel Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 20:15:08

Um bro dis is primary. whuchu on about with this alliance stuff?

Rockman Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 20:16:39

Um bro dis is primary. whuchu on about with this alliance stuff?

Ah, so I get farmed to the ground in alliance and enjoy it, yet I would get physically angry any time someone attacks me in primary?

Carousel Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 20:18:11

thats pretty weird bro why would you get mad in 1 and not da udder??????

Ivan Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 22:19:04

LOL Carousel telling a head of the biggest war tag in the game that he doesnt play to fight

dear lord

BobbyATA Game profile

Jan 27th 2011, 23:05:09

Carousel=my new favorite poster