God that sucks.
LaE | Monks | NA
Since 1999

hkyhed Game profile

Apr 5th 2020, 6:27:20

Did your top feed backfire?

CX LaE Game profile

Apr 5th 2020, 12:21:51

Ask anyone around, son. I'm not a suicider.

After the first few grabs, even a halfwit can tell something changed between October and now. I guess I found out what it was.

It's a dismal change. It basically disincentivizes slow-playing while encouraging early grabbing to boost your landbase ASAP. Everyone is chasing the same land all the time so everything is perma-chewed up - seemingly worse than before the changes, to my recollection.
LaE | Monks | NA
Since 1999

trumpoz Game profile

Apr 5th 2020, 12:29:09

Originally posted by hkyhed:

CX plays a ridiculous C/I - he had the playing from behind strategy down.

CX LaE Game profile

Apr 5th 2020, 12:36:37

^Bingo

ALSO! - Now, all strats have to grab more for the same acreage x that they usually would gain. Since few players around here are morons and rainbow, you're restricted to grabbing your own strat for max gains, otherwise you have to grab extra times to make up the buildings are you no longer receiving.

It keeps targets chewed up longer and deeper, hence the encouragement NOT to slow-play.

C/Is get hit the worst because they would have to grab other indies; the bot indies are the highest def-to-NW ratio, so no, that's stupid. And other indies can easily retal if they aren't crap players, so that's a bad idea.

Techers are similar. They have to maximize acreage per grab but once you're through the early day or two, all techers are chewed up or too low land to be worthwhile and, again, grabbing a decent techer player is a stupid idea.

*shudder* Terrible changes.
LaE | Monks | NA
Since 1999

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 5th 2020, 18:04:44

I think it's a great change, because suiciders topfeeds got nerfed.

This has nothing to do with me not slow playing ;p

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 5th 2020, 18:37:43

Fix one aspect, break another :-/
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Marshal Game profile

Apr 5th 2020, 19:22:19

you can't please every1.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Hessman123

Apr 5th 2020, 20:08:50

Originally posted by CX LaE:

After the first few grabs, even a halfwit can tell something changed between October and now. I guess I found out what it was.

It's a dismal change. It basically disincentivizes slow-playing while encouraging early grabbing to boost your landbase ASAP. Everyone is chasing the same land all the time so everything is perma-chewed up - seemingly worse than before the changes, to my recollection.

Yes the changes have made the game worse.. and everyone seems to agree, yet it stays the same and the changes blow

hkyhed Game profile

Apr 5th 2020, 20:40:13

Originally posted by hkyhed:

A simple yes would have sufficed.

CX LaE Game profile

Apr 5th 2020, 21:05:22

I think you've confused the meaning of 'yes' and 'no'.

Do I need to explain them to you?
LaE | Monks | NA
Since 1999

hkyhed Game profile

Apr 5th 2020, 21:28:53

I think you've confused the meaning of 'yes' and 'no'.

Do I need to explain them to you?

Yes

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Apr 7th 2020, 18:44:45

The bonus ghost acres for same strat does have some effect, particularly with indy bots generally having higher Def and less land (I think?). Also, they only build half of their land it seems so I want to say their nets don't keep up. I don't think it'd hurt to open up the ghost acre returns to all strats, even for the sake of balance since not all bots seem to perform the same on all strats.

That being said...keep in mind I was able to put up the 66mil C/I about a month and a half ago, with slowplay in this climate.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 7th 2020, 19:36:03

that is actually the NW record with the current changeset, so C/I is stronger than techer now.