Verified:

Jabroni1134 Game profile

Developer

Aug 10th 2019, 0:57:39

(Any posts that are not specifically related to this subject will be deleted, if you want to make a suggestion or comment that is not related to this topic, then please PM me and I will create a topic if I feel it is something to discuss.)

Video: https://youtu.be/nZiZAVkH1CE?t=54

Comments/Suggestions/Complaints?

Edited By: Jabroni1134 on Aug 10th 2019, 1:16:34
See Original Post

allbymyself87 Game profile

Aug 12th 2019, 14:55:09

Suggestion:

Possible to add in SPAL info into advisor page since it's important for war?
It seems strange for me to have the players to calculate the SPAL on their own or using tools from clan sites.

The height for each section should be the same the make the page looks neat/tidy.
Currently, the height for Land Distribution section is smaller than The Basics and Current Status sections.
The height for Military Forces section is smaller than Technology and Expenses Breakdown sections.

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 20th 2019, 0:55:34

I like the idea of spal, but in saying that do you think spal before/after allies, tech and govt? Or just raw?

Z [Post Script]

Aug 20th 2019, 3:30:04

My post is about the main page when first logging into your country. But there’s not a thread for that, so this is a close-ish thread.

It would be really helpful to have a summary of market activity when hitting this page. Said in a slightly funny / snarky way, after a few hours logged out at certain parts of the reset, I would need to be a computer to make sense of the list of market activity.

What would be great is a table summary: good bought or sold, average (and maybe min and max)per unit price without commissions, total proceeds / cost, when last good was sold / bought, and volume remaining for sale or on SOs. Then, if I wanted to, I could tap into all news since last visit to the main page or into news for a particular good. And then could always see all market news as today and also see a daily personal summary in table form like I described above.

Thanks!

Edited By: Z [Post Script] on Aug 20th 2019, 4:32:42
-Z (Post Script)

sinistril Game profile

Aug 20th 2019, 3:36:36

Agree Z
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 20th 2019, 9:26:11

So you mean like adding some sort of over all past 24hrs of market stats?

Z [Post Script]

Aug 20th 2019, 11:37:52

Not quite but close.

Right now every time you go to the main screen, it shows you market activity since the last time you went to the main screen. Turn that into a summary and preserve the ability to get the same listing if desired.

Similarly you can also see your market history for the entire set. Organize that into a day by day summary while also preserving the ability to see the whole list.
-Z (Post Script)

Z [Post Script]

Aug 21st 2019, 3:04:52

Please provide an option for the advisor page to all show up on a single mobile screen (so that can take screenshots).
-Z (Post Script)

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 21st 2019, 3:24:36

Originally posted by Z [Post Script]:
Please provide an option for the advisor page to all show up on a single mobile screen (so that can take screenshots).

that's going to be challenging to get everything displayed on one screen and be readable. how small was the text on the old site?
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Z [Post Script]

Aug 21st 2019, 3:40:10

I don't know the font size =(

By default, the old mobile site doesn't fit everything onto one page. But on the iphone I can pinch, let go, and then have everything on one page. The borders between cells appear very small - perhaps only a few pixels between the two main columns on the "new advisor" in the old UI.
-Z (Post Script)

Jabroni1134 Game profile

Developer

Aug 21st 2019, 10:21:51

This could be fixed with an option to toggle between mobile and not mobile Pang.

AtticusRex Game profile

Aug 27th 2019, 22:43:40

Originally posted by Z [Post Script]:

Came just to say this.

There's a lot of shock changing interfaces, but Im sure I can get over that. The old advisor, however, was a very useful dashboard for looking over yourself or others, and was great for documenting.

Many may like the big, long form stuff, but having somewhere you can get an executive, no scrolling necessary dashboard would be extremely useful.

At its peak, this game can have a lot to digest, but scrolling 5 or 6 panels for what has historically been a single page overview seems too much.

[Personal note: I was never a fan of the red version, but I LOVE the enhanced blue one that has nw breakdown and additional stats like bpt]

Zorp Game profile

Aug 31st 2019, 8:06:59

I want the NW breakdown. I use the old advisor almost just for this part:

Networth $548,946
Military $217,716
Land $255,455
Tech $0
Other $5373
On Market $70,402

Zorp Game profile

Jan 21st 2020, 3:32:31

Or at least leave the old ui if you don't wanna bother.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 21st 2020, 3:39:03

we'll get to it, don't worry :)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 21st 2020, 3:39:44

Also, I don't plan to turn off the old UI even if we make the new UI the default one.

There is a chance that new features and functionality only exist on the new UI so there may not be feature parity.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Burkey Game profile

Jul 11th 2023, 9:53:02

Is there an option of then having spy reports match the chosen setting in Advisor? As it's confusing, to me, to read the Spy Report when it's in the "Old Advisor" layout instead of matching the new advisor layout...