Verified:

Chevs

Jan 6th 2020, 15:09:15

what is EWPP? asking for a friend
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

Sov Game profile

Jan 6th 2020, 16:09:29

Early War Prevention Pact

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 6th 2020, 16:13:46

EWPP I thought was implemented not by alliances but by mods/admin to curb the early wars(but the alliances agreed to it and to police it). Something like anyone starting a war before day 21 gets gangbanged.

I'm a fan of early wars because they are strategically more interesting than an endless string of GSes which is what late wars are. I'm not sure what the motives for EWPP were and I disagree with the immediate intent, but perhaps not with the overlaying intent. Either way Im not gonna defend or condemn it.

Imo the game is stale because overpowered things dont get removed or curbed by admins and so players and clans work out how to abuse it and then it just stays like that forever. Frequent balance changes would be ideal so that everyone has to think on their feet and the so called "Arms race" is not just about numbers or activity but also about understanding and adapting to changes better.

If GS are too strong(which they are at this point, recent wars were 90-95% GS) they should be nerfed to some degree, and warring alliances will work to adapt when they still do GS and when they do BR. Those who dont adapt will be weaker for it.
It applies to netting as well in that the options to an oil destock (in 1a) are far less potent. I have wanted to change this for a while now, not because I think the oil destock itself is bad for the game, quite the contrary, but because I dont think the choice should be so obvious to destock a particular way.

Changes are not needed every set but perhaps one changeset a year and then the changes that were proven flawed/unbalanced gets immediatly revoked/balanced after 1 set.

Sov Game profile

Jan 6th 2020, 16:29:26

The EWPP was introduced by MD, SOL and Evo. No game admins were even active at the time it was introduced. The impression it was an admin idea may stem from the fact it was most vocally represented by Tellarion who was one of the most active game moderators at the time. Ironic that MD and Evo declined the most after it’s introduction.

sinistril Game profile

Jan 6th 2020, 16:35:20

What's the point in discussing why a game that has 0 player growth is declining? People move on to other games/die/get married/forget to pull out/etc. Obviously there will be a decline in player-base over time, no matter what changes are made to minor things like bots/the way clans pact if there is no player growth. The only relevant thing to discuss on that issue is how to expand the player-base, and considering people in this community are still talking about the good ole' days when we're in a point-and-click, quick-dopamine fix era shows that you guys are clearly missing the point.

I agree with Gerdler that there should be semi-frequent balance changes to prevent this game from getting stale, and Sov that set wars are fluffing boring, but let's be real, this game could be perfectly balanced with dynamic and exciting wars, and the player base would not be much higher.
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 6th 2020, 17:49:54

I love this game but the best we can hope for is to get old players back. No way new players are joining. It's not flashy or trendy. Which is exactly the reason I like it lol.
Just shut up and have another beer

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 7th 2020, 3:35:55

I completely agree with beerdrinker75

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 7th 2020, 18:00:03

Originally posted by beerdrinker75:
I love this game but the best we can hope for is to get old players back. No way new players are joining. It's not flashy or trendy. Which is exactly the reason I like it lol.

Well, you have to math and face it, the grand majority of people especially now a days don't math, that's why they suck at the simplest of adult tasks, such as....parking a Prius or "smart" car between the fluffing lines....I mean...fluff ME!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 7th 2020, 20:18:23

I think what many folks are missing is that while the percentage of people who will want to play this game is much lower than when it first came out, the universe of people who have devices generally has blown up.

That and the growth strategies I have for the game is targeting places with low bandwidth and less language-specific support than trying to target the English world's/high end smartphone market.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Marshal Game profile

Jan 7th 2020, 20:28:15

you forgot educating.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Chevs

Jan 8th 2020, 1:53:39

Originally posted by Pang:
I think what many folks are missing is that while the percentage of people who will want to play this game is much lower than when it first came out, the universe of people who have devices generally has blown up.

That and the growth strategies I have for the game is targeting places with low bandwidth and less language-specific support than trying to target the English world's/high end smartphone market.

Have you thought about adding gems and coins
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 8th 2020, 19:15:06

Originally posted by Chevs:
Originally posted by Pang:

Have you thought about adding gems and coins

Pay to play is not the answer.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 8th 2020, 19:21:21

chevs if you PayPal me gems and coins will be sent via in game mail.

Raging Budda Game profile

Jan 18th 2020, 20:57:33

I feel this shall be my last set as well. I've taken extended breaks before, but that was do to burnout. Now I have fundamental issues with the changes the admins are implementing in the complete loss of restart bonuses and a pay for play model, espeically for BREAKING the one player one country model in every server other than FFA in the name of $$$.

It was a great 18 or so years, and wish the game good luck. I understand the efforts of the admin to improve the game but fundamently disagree with how they are going about it. Time to write a new chapter.
Your base is mine!

The_Hawk

Jan 18th 2020, 21:04:44

Originally posted by Raging Budda:
I feel this shall be my last set as well. I've taken extended breaks before, but that was do to burnout. Now I have fundamental issues with the changes the admins are implementing in the complete loss of restart bonuses and a pay for play model, espeically for BREAKING the one player one country model in every server other than FFA in the name of $$$.

It was a great 18 or so years, and wish the game good luck. I understand the efforts of the admin to improve the game but fundamently disagree with how they are going about it. Time to write a new chapter.

Something we can agree on.
No restart bonuses will greatly help active suiciders in ffa against unprepped netting tags.
Imagine having a sets worth of stocking and time wiped away. With the current model you are still able to compete after getting one or two of your countries killed. Next set in ffa will see this nerfed and would allow prepped suiciders decide the outcome of the set.

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 18th 2020, 21:10:31

The developer(s) plan to address the issue of dying and losing everything in seconds.

Jan 18th 2020, 22:12:17

Efforts have been tried before to nerf the results of attacks in very fast speed kills which were mostly panned by players. I don't have a problem with speed kills, let the cream rise to the top and also liked the introuction of restart bonuses. Felt it was one of the most benefical changes to the game, espeically when it comes to player retention. The formula used for assests for a restart underwent a few changes early on, and while I wouldn't mind further revision(s) (maybe it was too strong???) completely taking out of the game is extreme.

However, the proposed ability for players able to pay money to babysit other player's countries is too much for me. This violates the first law of the game. There must be other ways for the game admins to recoup the expenses and time they put in without that aspect.

Edited By: Raging Budda on Jan 18th 2020, 22:17:51
Your base is mine!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 18th 2020, 22:22:08

People do not want to invest their hard earned time into a game to lose all of it in seconds. Its an illogical proposition to even make...

The babysitting thing was just something he mentioned as something he was thinking about, not doing for sure. He is looking for ways to make the game more meaningful than being available 24/7 to make sure you catch that 10-30 second window of time to save your country.

Have you read this post yet:

https://www.earthempires.com/...-kills-48360?t=1579373975

Post your ideas.

Jan 18th 2020, 22:43:08

Made a suggestion when it goes to speed kills. Lets start simple. However, the idea of "babysitting" even being thought of being allowed is disturbing.
Your base is mine!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 19th 2020, 0:24:55

Maybe or maybe not all depends on the details.

Sleep on it.

Jan 19th 2020, 0:58:40

This isn't a rage quit, still weeks to go in this set and intend on finishing it out while I evaluate on how I spend my time.
Your base is mine!