Verified:

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2019, 18:45:40

Originally posted by Chevs:
Gains I’m not the one complaining about unfairness

I’m just saying don’t fluffing complain when you already have a massive edge

If by massive edge you mean spend hours of your free time working on it so that you can save time later, then ok.

If you think anything that is done cannot be done manually you're mistaken.

A few people sacrifice their time for the greater good. That's really all it is.

Edited By: Requiem on Nov 9th 2019, 19:01:09

Chevs

Nov 9th 2019, 20:09:29

“It’s not an edge because someone took time to code it”

Is probably the dumbest logic I have ever heard requiem.

Someone built me a motorbike so I’m going to join the Tour de France with it, don’t be mad you have a regular bike, you could build a motorbike too if you wanted
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2019, 20:48:44

Someone built me a motorbike so I’m going to join the Tour de France with it, don’t be mad you have a regular bike, you could build a motorbike too if you wanted

Stupid analogy lol, motorbikes can't partake in that event.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2019, 20:52:25

My point is it's not an edge because you think we don't have to think about it. Its a time saver. Plenty of people in LaF know how to do the thing that the tool does. It just does it faster ;)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2019, 20:54:15

BTW the tour de france has rules and regulations as to the specifications of the bike so that example doesn't work because while riding a motor bike is against the rules in the tour de france making tools is not against the rules in EE. So I can complain about it if you want to take a motorbike to the tour de france :)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2019, 20:57:44

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2019, 21:01:09

Originally posted by Requiem:
BTW the tour de france has rules and regulations as to the specifications of the bike so that example doesn't work because while riding a motor bike is against the rules in the tour de france making tools is not against the rules in EE. So I can complain about it if you want to take a motorbike to the tour de france :)

The evolution of bicycles was promoted by competitions such like that one, now we even have carbon fiber bikes that are like a feather and cut through the wind like a butter knife, all within rules, no motorbikes, sorry Chevs.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Marshal Game profile

Nov 9th 2019, 21:08:54

there's been accusations that some use bikes with electric engine in tour de france etc.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2019, 21:11:27

Not realistic
(•_•)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2019, 21:12:29

Originally posted by Marshal:
there's been accusations that some use bikes with electric engine in tour de france etc.

I have read about that, kind of wild lol!

KOH: https://www.velonews.com/...s-in-the-2015-tour_429741

Chevs

Nov 9th 2019, 21:23:40

My motorbike identifies as a bicycle

Checkmate bigot

Sick and tired of this laf privilege
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2019, 21:25:10

Originally posted by Marshal:

I have read about that, kind of wild lol!

KOH: https://www.velonews.com/...s-in-the-2015-tour_429741

Yes and it is absurd, like Chevs.
(•_•)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2019, 21:37:12

My motorbike identifies as a bicycle

Checkmate bigot

Sick and tired of this laf privilege

I don't, personally, have anything against you. You don't even know me and yet you call me a bigot? I hope in real life you do not have so much hostility against someone who simply has a differing opinion than you.

But back on topic... LaF isn't the only alliance with such a tool, as gerdler pointed out many many times. You just decide to ignore that.

I guess its time for you to teach yourself how to code and then make something (thats exactly what I did). The tool I use is earned not a privilege as you incorrectly assume.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2019, 21:49:37

Unfortunately that's the world we live in today, if you don't agree with someone then you're a bigot :-/
(•_•)

Boltar Game profile

Nov 9th 2019, 22:56:11

My point is it's not an edge because you think we don't have to think about it. Its a time saver. Plenty of people in LaF know how to do the thing that the tool does. It just does it faster ;)

Plenty of people in laf can figure out how many acres they will grab from country x y and z? Without using a tool? And if they can kudos to them but plz point me to where that is Public knowledge so I can attempt it myself tool free

The Cloaked Game profile

Nov 9th 2019, 23:00:10

I got lost in the posts. but my grabbing tool is eestats. Yall spend too much time playing this game.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 10th 2019, 0:17:39

Originally posted by Boltar:

Plenty of people in laf can figure out how many acres they will grab from country x y and z? Without using a tool? And if they can kudos to them but plz point me to where that is Public knowledge so I can attempt it myself tool free

its called experience, trial and error and keeping records of results as well as using formulas that are public knowledge.
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2019, 0:45:39

Originally posted by Warster:

its called experience, trial and error and keeping records of results as well as using formulas that are public knowledge.

Spot on. I can tell you my best grabbing was done with eestats and eyeballing. These tools people talk about make grabbing easier, but they don't make your grabbing better. Once you remove "the challenge", then you all remove the sense of accomplishment, which leaves a vacuum in terms of motivation.

Boltar Game profile

Nov 10th 2019, 1:01:56

Didn't I just ask about said formulas that are public knowledge for a link? Just stating their out there doesn't mean anything to me. It's like saying Bigfoot exists. Until I see it. It doesn't exist to me

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 10th 2019, 6:15:20

Stop being lazy and search for them like everyone else, half of the formulas can be found on announcement for Dr and grabbing.
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 10th 2019, 14:10:22

Stop being lazy and search for them like everyone else, half of the formulas can be found on announcement for Dr and grabbing.

Probably not being lazy. idk. But Boltar probably did not know it was there.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2019, 14:18:41

He acts entitled; do your own work like everyone else.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 10th 2019, 14:20:26

I am trying to be a nice person here, and take the high road for once.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2019, 14:42:11

It was pretty nice for what its worth!

Boltar Game profile

Nov 10th 2019, 14:58:27

Originally posted by galleri:

Correct. I did not know where to find it. But btw that forum sucks and is a clusterfluff of stuff last I saw no organization. But I'll look again.

I have ur entitlement right between my legs

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2019, 15:03:32

Correct. I did not know where to find it. But btw that forum sucks and is a clusterfluff of stuff last I saw no organization. But I'll look again.

Atta boy! Thats the boltard I know :)

One tip you can use the search function and find stuff a little easier:

http://www.earthempires.com/forum/search

ironxxx Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2019, 15:14:25

Forum search master and developer

Who knew

But what people really want to know is mahones starting this week or not?

Boltar Game profile

Nov 10th 2019, 16:20:23

I know where the search is and all that. I wouldn't know how to word it to find what I'm looking for

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2019, 16:35:15

Originally posted by ironxxx:
Forum search master and developer

Who knew

But what people really want to know is mahones starting this week or not?

I think he is! My nipples are hard as rocks!!!!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 10th 2019, 16:37:56

The devs has been cryptic about aspects of spying and spal as well as landgrabbing formulas, they are cryptic on purpose afaik. I honestly think the reason they are cryptic is to force players to learn by experience or reverse engineer formulas in order to understand the game, as it opens up new aspects to the community.
This has similarities with many other games, both similar like Utopia, and dissimilar like League of Legends (these are just games I have played and know about): the developers of those games welcome and encourage third party programs that boost the game experience, and while they try to implement aspects of them into the game directly at times sometimes they just leave it as is as more development is generally done more than one central actor has incentives to develop the game experience. When it comes to LoL these tools sometimes cost money, or they are bringing in ad revenue or are closed off to the public for some reason or other. For LoL theres probably thousands of sites, tools, applications etc that can be used to gain an edge or learn something about your enemy that would be tedious to find out manually before a game. These all live parallell to the game and they are very much welcome by the players and the game developers at Riot games. I dont see why it should be any other way in EE (and historically it hasn't been).

But for instance when the first player figured out say the PCI growth-formula. What is unethical use of that formula according to the SoF crowd?

is it:
a) when you create a simulator(in a spreadsheet possibly) for your casher or cash start based on the PCI growth formula?
b) when you share that simulator with your friends/tagmates?
c) when you write it down so you can look it up without reverse engineering it again?
d) when you share said formula in a strategy board or formula collection connected to your tag?

My take on this is simple: my knowledge is mine to share, use or keep to myself.
Not that it matters for me but it would be very hard to enforce any other idea of how to share game knowledge.

Edited By: Gerdler on Nov 10th 2019, 16:50:35

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2019, 17:45:07

Try to find just about anything without finding the topic inundated with garbage by Marshal, leading to failure. As I've said, all Marshal's posts should be deleted and his post count reset to zero.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2019, 18:59:16

Lmfao that’s pretty true

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2019, 19:09:30

I'm sorry I have to be so mean about Marshal, but really.

I've done quite a few projects organizing companies and improving production processes, and the first workshop I do is 5S, from Toyota.

5S

1 Sort (Seiri)
2 Set In Order (Seiton)
3 Shine (Seiso)
4 Standardize (Seiketsu)
5 Sustain/Self-discipline (fluffsuke)

Seiri is sorting through all items in a location and removing all unnecessary items from the location.

Goals:

Reduce time loss looking for an item by reducing the number of items.
Reduce the chance of distraction by unnecessary items.
Simplify inspection.
Increase the amount of available, useful space.
Increase safety by eliminating obstacles.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2019, 19:12:39

Posting mountains of disinformation on the forum strikes me as a type of vandalism, not very different from the griefers and suiciders that everyone complains about so much.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 10th 2019, 21:15:36

I agree about it being bad, but in most cases including Marshals I dont see clear signs of malice. I think he is just high.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2019, 21:38:22

I disagree Gerdler. Suiciders and griefers may have a good reason for attacking a person or clan. Marshal has been answering questions asked on the forums on every imaginable topic with careless, incomprehensible and incorrect answers for years, on servers where he doesn't play, and has no skill, and that garbage accumulates year after year, harming the game itself.. He doesn't give a fluff what people say about it and acts like he is entitled to say whatever crap comes into his head because he is a big suckup to the game admins. If there is one thing that could be done to make a big improvement to the game very easily, it would be to delete all of Marshal's posts, and stop rewarding him with his 10,000 + post count. Because he is damaging the game every time he answers a question incorrectly, and that useless information sits there and isn't removed. That is more malicious than a suicider, whose attacks are soon forgotten when a new set begins.

Sov Game profile

Nov 12th 2019, 11:38:46

Originally posted by Gerdler:
The devs has been cryptic about aspects of spying and spal as well as landgrabbing formulas, they are cryptic on purpose afaik. I honestly think the reason they are cryptic is to force players to learn by experience or reverse engineer formulas in order to understand the game, as it opens up new aspects to the community.
This has similarities with many other games, both similar like Utopia, and dissimilar like League of Legends (these are just games I have played and know about): the developers of those games welcome and encourage third party programs that boost the game experience, and while they try to implement aspects of them into the game directly at times sometimes they just leave it as is as more development is generally done more than one central actor has incentives to develop the game experience. When it comes to LoL these tools sometimes cost money, or they are bringing in ad revenue or are closed off to the public for some reason or other. For LoL theres probably thousands of sites, tools, applications etc that can be used to gain an edge or learn something about your enemy that would be tedious to find out manually before a game. These all live parallell to the game and they are very much welcome by the players and the game developers at Riot games. I dont see why it should be any other way in EE (and historically it hasn't been).

But for instance when the first player figured out say the PCI growth-formula. What is unethical use of that formula according to the SoF crowd?

is it:
a) when you create a simulator(in a spreadsheet possibly) for your casher or cash start based on the PCI growth formula?
b) when you share that simulator with your friends/tagmates?
c) when you write it down so you can look it up without reverse engineering it again?
d) when you share said formula in a strategy board or formula collection connected to your tag?

My take on this is simple: my knowledge is mine to share, use or keep to myself.
Not that it matters for me but it would be very hard to enforce any other idea of how to share game knowledge.

One SoFer’s opinion hardly makes this a SoF argument so I would not label it as something the “SoF crowd” object to. I personally have no objection to any tool creation and I encourage their use and creation.

I believe any tool which is not against the rules is fine and any advantage given to any such Alliance is a welcome attribute which makes that Alliance better than the next. I believe that is good competition and the onus is on other Alliances is to match or exceed that.

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 12th 2019, 11:48:02

The admins of the game allow tools to be created. The admins of tour de france does not allow you to use a motorbike.
(bonus post)
Don of LaF

Chevs

Nov 12th 2019, 14:58:11

Gerd you play LoL?

summoner name? do you still play?
SOF Head Of Poop

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 12th 2019, 16:53:46

Originally posted by Sov:

I believe any tool which is not against the rules is fine and any advantage given to any such Alliance is a welcome attribute which makes that Alliance better than the next. I believe that is good competition and the onus is on other Alliances is to match or exceed that.

Amen.

Gerd you play LoL?

I grab a game here and there the past months. I'm really not used to many of the new champs and reworked ones as I was away from it for more than a year.

I play on EUNE server tho.

Chevs

Nov 12th 2019, 17:31:29

Originally posted by Gerdler:

Gerd you play LoL?

I grab a game here and there the past months. I'm really not used to many of the new champs and reworked ones as I was away from it for more than a year.

I play on EUNE server tho.

i ahvent played in a year either... whats ur summoner name tho

edit: want to see what champs u main
SOF Head Of Poop

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 12th 2019, 18:19:57

I "main" diana and twisted fate for mid which is my main role. Used to play a lot of kayle and orianna.

For support I been using mostly swain(which is legit support pick nowadays), leona and blitzcrank. Support is my secondary role.

My summoner name is not dissimilar to my nick here. :)

Chevs

Nov 12th 2019, 19:15:33

ahh i main mid too, but could never get into TF, would always get trashed by champs like diana/fizz.

gold 3....70th percentile, just about where you are in earth, :P

SOF Head Of Poop

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 12th 2019, 21:18:35

Play a real MOBA like Dota 2, nerds.