Verified:

Jabroni1134 Game profile

Developer

Aug 24th 2019, 16:06:41

(Any posts that are not specifically related to this subject will be deleted, if you want to make a suggestion or comment that is not related to this topic, then please PM me and I will create a topic if I feel it is something to discuss.)

Comments/Suggestions/Complaints?

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 25th 2019, 10:37:07

Originally posted by seangcxq:
First thoughts, this is a big step in the right direction.

There is no topic for main page discussion.

Main Page
Remove networth, food, money, and turns from the main page. Now that the UI is being updated it's time to remove redundant info.

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 25th 2019, 10:37:25

I'm not sure why we would remove this info from your "Main" page though?

seangcxq Game profile

Aug 25th 2019, 15:12:07

You can already see your networth, food, money, and turns in the top status bar. Why display the same information twice?

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 1st 2019, 15:46:05

From what I can tell, the functionality here is going to be an improvement on what we've been using. The design, of course, is also more modern. This is a worthy undertaking and I'm inspired by the work going into updating this old classic game. I know it's a labor of love and as a fellow lover of this game, I appreciate it!

That being said, I have a few critiques directed toward the visuals. I like the side menu panel, that looks great and no suggestions there. But on other pages, most especially the MAIN page being discussed here, I think the look just needs to be dressed up slightly. Things look too chunky, there's big headers with oversized plain arial text and blue backgrounds with no gradient. That can be improved. I would also recommend replacing the blue with that classic Earth Empires maroon color instead.

Just as important, I think we are also taking a small step back in data absorption, if that makes any sense. The numbers and data don't pop to me like they do on the old style and it takes a little bit longer to process what I am looking at. Maybe the black background helps on the old version, but I think you could also try bolding the text (but not the numbers), so that the text and the numbers don't run together. ie, <b>Land</b> 50,000. That's the way it's done in the older version and I think that might also be part of what makes it easier to absorb.

Finally, this page no longer tells you how long it will be until your next bonus is available, which was helpful.

Edited By: Molotov on Nov 1st 2019, 16:08:24