Verified:

Jabroni1134 Game profile

Developer

Aug 10th 2019, 0:54:20

(Any posts that are not specifically related to this subject will be deleted, if you want to make a suggestion or comment that is not related to this topic, then please PM me and I will create a topic if I feel it is something to discuss.)

Video: https://youtu.be/nZiZAVkH1CE?t=341

Comments/Suggestions/Complaints?

Edited By: Jabroni1134 on Aug 10th 2019, 1:17:20
See Original Post

allbymyself87 Game profile

Aug 12th 2019, 10:14:42

Question/Suggestion:
Does the new UI still showing the clan info of the target?
If yes, can split the clan info into separate row instead?

Currently the clan info is shown with format below:
Attack Target: Counter Name (#123) [SOL]

Can split the clan info into different row as below?
Attack Target: Counter Name (#123)
Target's Clan: SOL

Reason for this change is due to when clan info is put as same row and put behind of country name, I always missed out the clan info and not paying attention of it thinking it's just part of the country name.
Perhaps splitting into 2 rows can make the clan info more obvious to the attackers to reduce from making mistakes on attacking the wrong clan?

The header of the attack result screen "You captured", "Your military lost" and "Your enemy lost".
Can make them into same color? Using 2 different colors are kind of confusing.
And would it be better to show them in green or blue color since that was a successful attack?
And only show red color if the attack was failed?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 15th 2019, 13:21:09

Is there a way to undeclare war if you have 5 brigades out?

Can I see defenders allies turret losses, or is that not a UI problem?

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 15th 2019, 13:30:19

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Is there a way to undeclare war if you have 5 brigades out?

Yes, I decoupled the Declare War piece from the attacking form

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Can I see defenders allies turret losses, or is that not a UI problem?

Yep, that's working too. It was easier to build an entirely new UI than to fix that on the old UI ;)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

sinistril Game profile

Aug 15th 2019, 14:39:34

SS/PS needs an attack again feature
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Aug 15th 2019, 14:58:14

Yup
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

Marshal Game profile

Aug 15th 2019, 20:01:00

Originally posted by sinistril:

why?
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

sinistril Game profile

Aug 15th 2019, 20:48:25

Originally posted by Marshal:
Originally posted by sinistril:

why?

Try doing 5-700 SS a day on FFA and you will see
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 15th 2019, 20:54:08

well true that but you have option not to do 700 lgs.

sinistril Game profile

Aug 15th 2019, 21:04:54

well true that but you have option not to do 700 lgs.

Let's make explore only one turn at a time because you have the option not to batch explore

Jabroni1134 Game profile

Developer

Aug 16th 2019, 0:33:13

Please keep sarcasm to a minimum on here, it can be hard to decipher what people really want.

SS/PS i believe have the Attack Again button. I will have to look to verify though.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 16th 2019, 3:30:59

It does have the attack again button, if not only because I was too lazy to turn it off for SS/PS until we get some feedback on it :)

all attack types let you attack again. If you can't attack again because you're out of turns/units/oil/missiles, when you click the button you'll be sent back to the main form
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance & FFA

Aug 16th 2019, 4:15:10

The protection warning / warnings that appears bottom left corner i think should be centered and overlay on top of the military.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

sinistril Game profile

Aug 16th 2019, 4:19:18

Originally posted by Pang:
It does have the attack again button, if not only because I was too lazy to turn it off for SS/PS until we get some feedback on it :)

all attack types let you attack again. If you can't attack again because you're out of turns/units/oil/missiles, when you click the button you'll be sent back to the main form

Laziness prevails again! Will cut FFA grabbing time in half (and probably by a lot more)! As a FFA lifer, this is probably the change I am most interested in :) thanks

Originally posted by Jabroni1134:
Please keep sarcasm to a minimum on here, it can be hard to decipher what people really want.

SS/PS i believe have the Attack Again button. I will have to look to verify though.

True, sorry Jabroni

Marshal Game profile

Aug 16th 2019, 13:19:47

I don't think SS/PS attacks can be done as continuously as GS/BR/AB attacks can be done and that's what sinistril is after I think.

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 20th 2019, 1:03:56

I will double check this and repost.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 20th 2019, 3:55:05

I don't think SS/PS attacks can be done as continuously as GS/BR/AB attacks can be done and that's what sinistril is after I think.

Yes it can.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 20th 2019, 9:26:50

Yeah I can confirm also that you can "attack again" the whole time.

Z [Post Script]

Aug 21st 2019, 3:03:49

There's no "spy" page thread, so I'm posting here.

Since there is no confirmation of an op before executing it (like there is for military actions), after typing in the country number on the spy page, populate the country name and alliance/clan. It serves as a check that you're spying the correct country. Could do the same for the war page too, I suppose.
-Z (Post Script)

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 21st 2019, 3:34:11

Originally posted by Z [Post Script]:
There's no "spy" page thread, so I'm posting here.

Since there is no confirmation of an op before executing it (like there is for military actions), after typing in the country number on the spy page, populate the country name and alliance/clan. It serves as a check that you're spying the correct country. Could do the same for the war page too, I suppose.

the espionage page should function the same way -- select a country, confirm the country/op, send it

that is one of the improvements we made to spying. I still need to update the API to return tag, though!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Jabroni1134 Game profile

Developer

Aug 21st 2019, 10:22:43

Espionage topic added.

Rasp Game profile

Aug 22nd 2019, 19:34:59

Readiness: 89%
You have enough oil to support 986,825 Military Units.
With your current technology level, your forces will operate at 104.9% effectiveness.

Maybe that last line should account for the readiness as well?

so 104.9% minus 11%?

Or a new line with the overall effectiveness?
[16:18:00] znc-rasp: We can kill bushido, but not bushifo, zack, moriarty, ghost rider, or darkling
[16:18:07] Req: Is that all the same person?
[16:18:12] symba: yea
[16:18:25] mob: my kids are like dad why are you laughing so much

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 23rd 2019, 13:24:18

So rasp, that's not exactly how its calculated.

That is your tech that %

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 15th 2019, 14:06:52

Bugs:

"PREPATE ATTACK" button
20 hrs to do PS on EXPRESS.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Jabroni1134 Game profile

Developer

Sep 16th 2019, 0:39:54

oh, good one Celphi. Added to List.

Trump

EE Patron

Sep 18th 2019, 19:37:22

On some servers, you are barred from joining the GDI for the entire set if you make an attack without having already joined. Can you push a warning notification when non-GDI countries attempt their first attack on those servers?

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 1st 2019, 16:06:20

Let's push information about DR onto this page.

The game is not nearly transparent enough as it comes to some of its inner workings. How many newbies do you think have queued up an attack on a fat country, hit that attack button, only to get 50 acres and complete befuddlement?

Players should also be informed of the 10% random factor here, and be warned about defensive allies.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 2nd 2019, 21:12:57

Originally posted by Molotov:

The game is not nearly transparent enough as it comes to some of its inner workings. How many newbies do you think have queued up an attack on a fat country, hit that attack button, only to get 50 acres and complete befuddlement?

Players should also be informed of the 10% random factor here, and be warned about defensive allies.

Ohh, like when you hit the prepare attack have DR info in the next screen before you click send? I like that, not sure if possible....maybe?
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 4th 2019, 23:41:34

I'm sure it's possible, but they want the precise DR number to be a little muddy, and they want people to have to try to figure out how much DR someone is in themselves. But I do think they should include a warning, either somewhere people will see it, describing what DR is, or maybe when you try to attack someone in 7+ DR, the warning comes up. Either would be useful. Then if the person wants more info they would be able to click and see the formula for DR. Right now you can't find that anywhere unless you comb through old announcements.

Edited By: Molotov on Nov 6th 2019, 15:21:58

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 6th 2019, 14:18:50

Originally posted by Molotov:

I have suggested to either add it to the information you get from a spy op or create a new spy op called "News spy" that shows both the news and then shows the DR and C:C DR that country is in.

I am very much against giving that info out for free tho, I rather have it as something you have to spend a turn for.

I happen to also think that an op "Spy on country news" and perhaps "Spy on intelligence centers" would be a very important change for the alliance server and other clan servers in which a lot of previous and present conflict is derived from rumours about FA being sent or hostile spy ops being used to mess both with people who want a fair war and/or people who are netting. This would create hard facts out of rumours and would increase the power of spy ops for intelligence gathering, which is really what I think they should be for.

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 6th 2019, 15:29:35

Just to clarify, I mean we should communicate to players the very concept of DR, not hand the country's DR info to them...

However, my simplest idea for how to identify the concept to less knowledgeable players would indeed reveal a little bit, but I think it's a rather elegant way to inform players without adding overwhelming information and clutter all over the page. Simply make it so when you queue up a SS/PS on a country in DR of 8 or higher (ie, returns of 35% or below), on the confirm attack page it says "Warning: Attacks on this country are currently suffering Diminished Returns." Maybe the words "Diminishing Returns" are a clickable link, and if the player clicks that, it tells them the gains multipliers and the attack half-life on the server, and how outgoing attacks remove DR.

It's a good way to incorporate a "learning by playing" mindset as opposed to the current "learning by scouring the forums or leaning on more experienced players for advice."

Edited By: Molotov on Nov 6th 2019, 15:36:29

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 6th 2019, 15:39:01

I suggest 8 DR as the number that triggers the warning so that players can't use the feature to scout for actual low DR targets (on Express with bots for example).

DruncK Game profile

Nov 6th 2019, 17:17:23

God forbid we give the info to everyone and not just certain groups of players #sarcasm

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 6th 2019, 17:35:06

Originally posted by Trump:
On some servers, you are barred from joining the GDI for the entire set if you make an attack without having already joined. Can you push a warning notification when non-GDI countries attempt their first attack on those servers?

And yes, if you are about to make an attack that will bar you from joining GDI that round, it should also flag a warning. "Warning: Making this attack will bar you from joining the GDI this game," and you can click on "GDI" and it takes you to the GDI page.