Verified:

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 7th 2011, 20:41:15

can you guys just stop wasting time with this accusation/should we play kinda stuff...

forgotten: if you aren't accusing slag of anything, and slag didn't do anything, this is just an exercise in wasting an admin's time and I think everyone would rather he do proactive things for the game that keeps it running :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

BattleKJ Game profile

Aug 7th 2011, 20:49:58

They made the game and maintain the game, why shouldnt they play it and be involved in the politics of the game if they so wish?

hanlong Game profile

Aug 8th 2011, 0:28:38

for those of you guys who are flaming the admins.

i talk to all of them semi-regularly.

and they are fine and reasonable enough. i don't agree with everything they say but they are fine in what they are doing. just keep your debate reasonable and logical with them and they will listen.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Viceroy Game profile

Aug 8th 2011, 6:13:37

This thread is a train wreck.

I am in favor of Admins playing this game. Jax got it correct way back on page one when he said "I think it's hard to care about something you don't do yourself..." Its that care and that love they have for this game that makes this game great.

However, caring is an emotion. Admins need to be unbiased and unemotional in how they manage the game - and how they are perceived to manage the game. The player base right now implicitly trusts the admins, but the admins should be mindful that their actions - even the mere appearance of impropriety - can over time change how they and this game are viewed.

The problem with Slagpit's post is found in the last paragraph. Admins give up their carte blanch freedom of speech when they accept the responsibility of being a care taker of this game. Joplin sang "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose. Nothing ain't worth nothing but its free." Being an admin is something. You are no longer free.

The overly protective vitriolic rantings in defense of the admins come across as unprofessional and weaken their position. It is always worthy to ask the question. In fact, the admins should be the first to ask themselves this question. Their answer should be in the form of systematic checks and balances and other methods of formalized oversight. It should not be in the form of the following:

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Actually I'd say your attitude should not be present. Shall I be professional and permanently ban you instead of engaging in an argument?
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

londwell

Aug 8th 2011, 7:09:39

could a mod please close this thread - all it amounts to is people saying how they think things should be run and attacking those that do run the game.

Makinso Game profile

Aug 8th 2011, 9:19:50

Admins / mods

can this thread be closed please?

It's a pointless returning discussion. That eventually always ends in name calling and frustration.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Aug 8th 2011, 9:35:50

done
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332