you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Evolution Game profile

Jun 9th 2011, 12:20:33

so true.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

JanPaul

Jun 9th 2011, 12:30:26

true so.

spawn Game profile

Jun 9th 2011, 13:44:08

there is no decline, just fluff, no?
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

Grimm Game profile

Jun 9th 2011, 13:50:38

Yeah, there are still plenty of people who shred. They're just as unpopular as real musicians have always been.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jun 10th 2011, 9:10:41

don't think i have any music that was created after the 80's.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

londwell

Jun 10th 2011, 9:35:06

martian - great interview and I agree and disagree with your sentiment.

In terms of the commercial music industry it is very mush relevant. Musicians in the popular scene are very much packaged to a product to appeal to a certain marketplace. It sucks but people like Justin Bieber will always be marketed becuase the 10-15 year old girls will gobble that sort of stuff up.

But, the technology available to 'cheaply' set up a reasonable home-studio and the internet means that many musicians are able to get their music out ther, bought, downloaded than before. So, in some ways the old guys that go 'I dont know lets try it' have been replaced by the semi-underground music scenes that pop up on the internet.

I also know in Melbourne (the awesomest city in Oz) there is the beginnings of a move away from the higly produced fluff that get marketed to teenage girls and back to a more organic music sound. Fingers crossed it takes off.

Bsnake Game profile

Jun 10th 2011, 9:44:32

you were making sense till you got to calling melbourne awesome...
<bsnake> 68,270,386 turrets whats that in NW??
<Crippler> 115m NW
<Bsnake> 38 mill NW nub... thanks for your netting advice.. Stick to killing nub

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jun 10th 2011, 15:07:03

londwell: Actually KISS is a perfect example of your argument (regarding marketting). In fact I would say that with things like youtube it makes accessing underground music easier. Also there are semi main stream bands out there now (like disturbed and avenged sevenfold) that I like. I think it's easier to do with music than with television entertainment though.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

ZDH Game profile

Jun 10th 2011, 17:50:08

So what he's saying is we should kill all of the hippies so we can get better music?
-BigZ

Junky Game profile

Jun 10th 2011, 18:32:50

we're not declining... we're Flatlining... it was declining in his time... its been awhile :-P
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Rolangunslinger Game profile

Jun 10th 2011, 23:05:56

In terms of the radio friendly 'POP' stuff that they are pushing today, it has gone far beyond flatlining and is now rotten and stinking.
But there is some good music out there, just have to spend a little time looking for it. Youtube is a great place to start.

Junky Game profile

Jun 11th 2011, 3:28:09

Originally posted by Rolangunslinger:
In terms of the radio friendly 'POP' stuff that they are pushing today, it has gone far beyond flatlining and is now rotten and stinking.
But there is some good music out there, just have to spend a little time looking for it. Youtube is a great place to start.

thats where I go to watch my favorite artists.
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

dustfp Game profile

Jun 11th 2011, 7:06:15

jjj ftw
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:
aim: fudgepuppy6988
http://collab.boxcarhosting.com