Verified:

Suicidal Game profile

Nov 8th 2020, 13:56:34

Jan 06, 2019 · However, most people are willing to take Nancy Pelosi’s net worth of $120 million at face value and leave it at that. Her Husband’s Portfolio & Net Worth According to CNW , thanks to Paul, the Pelosis own large stakes in companies like Facebook, Apple, Comcast, Shutterfly and the Walt Disney Co. Paul Pelosi also owns a few office buildings in San Francisco and commercial properties around California.

Y a gotta love politicians ...
https://www.investorvillage.com/...p;pt=msg&mid=21079386

Both parties do it but, not both parties hold Speaker of the House.... she will hold her job as speaker as long as she wants it. She is the largest fundraiser for house dems (as long as the dems control the house)

P.S. Starkist tuna taste like sh*t.

The_Hawk

Nov 8th 2020, 22:32:44

Like you said both sides do it and until we can really hold them accountable they will continue to do it.

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

Suicidal Game profile

Nov 9th 2020, 0:30:24

No one likes the way politicians are working in the Congress. Ever notice that all politician suck, except your politician. And that is why we keep voting for the same Congress.

farmer Game profile

Nov 9th 2020, 0:55:16

I want a term limit and no more than a max of 8 years for rep. with a change to 4 year terms and 12 years for a senator with 6 year terms. this would help a lot but not fix it.

Zorp Game profile

Nov 9th 2020, 1:20:56

Originally posted by The_Hawk:
Like you said both sides do it and until we can really hold them accountable they will continue to do it.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2020, 1:44:25

Originally posted by farmer:
I want a term limit and no more than a max of 8 years for rep. with a change to 4 year terms and 12 years for a senator with 6 year terms. this would help a lot but not fix it.

This would help a lot, yes.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

The_Hawk

Nov 10th 2020, 1:38:02

Can we base their pay as a percentage of their approval rating. We are their bosses after all. They tend to forget it.

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2020, 1:56:52

Can we base their pay as a percentage of their approval rating. We are their bosses after all. They tend to forget it.

why not go a step further and insist on them being paid per their networth also.. you wanna do the job, then you probably don't need to be paid much for it..

In Aus, our current Federal government is so corrupt they might as well have us all pay them directly..

ninong Game profile

Nov 10th 2020, 2:14:25

bonus
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

Garry Owen Game profile

Nov 10th 2020, 4:44:40

Power corrupts. That is a fact of the human condition. Sure, not every individual is subject to corruption, but more power corrupts more. And over time a concentration of power will build a foundation of corruption around it.

That is one of the big reasons that the founding fathers created a system where the Federal government was limited in the scope and extent of its power. They saw the strong central governments of Europe and how the power of the King attracts and breeds the kind of selfish people who will abuse the power. And since they knew that you cannot stop all corruption, then at least have a system that has less to attract corrupt people and limits the damage they can do.

So where the our modern system has failed. We grew too much power in the central government. A government that is much too far removed from the voters for accountability, and no oversight but other parts of the government. And as the lawmakers they control what is legal and can create systems that obscure, hide or even outright legalize the kinds of actions that keep them in power.

Term limits will not work -- that will just create more job openings for those who lust after the positions. And make the permanent bureaucracy even more powerful as they continue to make the law and regulations more and complex and obtuse.

The only real solution is actual Federalism. Get the power (and MONEY) out of Washington and distribute it as widely as possible. That will make it less attractive for federal corruption and limit the damage that can be done. And the more local politician the easier it is for concerned citizens to both over watch and hold politicians accountable.

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2020, 7:26:23

Yeah I agree that more accountability is needed, ideally politicians should want to do the job, not for the money or the power but for the people.

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2020, 10:10:28

No the media determines the approval numbers.

Goofy Game profile

Nov 15th 2020, 21:11:22

Originally posted by Suicidal:
Jan 06, 2019 · However, most people are willing to take Nancy Pelosi’s net worth of $120 million at face value and leave it at that. Her Husband’s Portfolio & Net Worth According to CNW , thanks to Paul, the Pelosis own large stakes in companies like Facebook, Apple, Comcast, Shutterfly and the Walt Disney Co. Paul Pelosi also owns a few office buildings in San Francisco and commercial properties around California.

Y a gotta love politicians ...
https://www.investorvillage.com/...p;pt=msg&mid=21079386

Both parties do it but, not both parties hold Speaker of the House.... she will hold her job as speaker as long as she wants it. She is the largest fundraiser for house dems (as long as the dems control the house)

P.S. Starkist tuna taste like sh*t.

Might want to check the follow up post to your original post https://www.investorvillage.com/...p;pt=msg&mid=21079463 The whole Starkist story is false. Most of her networth is from her husband's dealing.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 17th 2020, 16:01:43

In order to reestablish control of the US Government "The People" must rise up and arrest and try those politicians which have demonstrably violated their oath of office. No legal games through the court system controlled by the politicians either. OPEN AIR trials on the national mall in front of everyone. No political gamesmanship, no posturing, simply the facts. Then follow that up with the proscribed punishment for their various crimes, for example, treason is punishable by death, or exile. I'd vote for exile. Then those elite politicians will have to learn what it would be like living like we do and not be able to influence people to help them.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 14th 2020, 22:12:32

Originally posted by Bug:
Yeah I agree that more accountability is needed, ideally politicians should want to do the job, not for the money or the power but for the people.

Unfortunately, the US has enjoyed a fairly long stretch of good governance over our short 246 year history, which allows for low interest in the candidates because they all assume good governance is automatic.

This is what allows slogan driven mobs to appear to be "political parties". The new Bolsheviks if you like.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!