Verified:

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 27th 2010, 15:24:52

by eating it all.

de1i Game profile

Oct 27th 2010, 15:28:22

Not if it is served to him by a gay man, however it is a gay asian he might if he is stoned.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Oct 27th 2010, 15:42:42

lol.
nah. Rob Ford will provide us with 4 years of political comic relief.
Guy can't even get his story/facts correct.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Forum Moderator

Oct 27th 2010, 16:27:30

heh

Lord Tarnava Game profile

Oct 27th 2010, 18:20:06

As long as he gets rid of the bike lanes and reduces transit funding I will be happy. Get a fluffign car hippies. :-p

Looking at YOU Marshall. hahahaha

kemo Game profile

Oct 27th 2010, 18:24:34

i wanted that hilarious guy from i think it was tennesee? shame he didnt win
all praised to ra

Forum Moderator

Oct 27th 2010, 18:34:26

heh,

why would I want to buy a car? Its way more expensive and no more conveniant.

Lord Tarnava Game profile

Oct 27th 2010, 18:37:39

Well, as long as you use transit for selfish reasons. people who do it for the environment are morons. Transit is less efficient than semi new vehicles when yout ake into account all of the hours busses are driving with literally no passengers. I actually drove by a bus at 930 this morning on my way to physio, around Bloor and Bathurst, that had 0 passengers on it(after dropping an old woman off).

Transit is only efficient during peak hours, and the benefits are nullified when you take into account all of the extended hours it runs with few, if any, people using.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Oct 28th 2010, 0:20:02

I take transit for financial reasons and because I can afford to live in an area well served by it:P

But just to correct something:
"Transit is less efficient than semi new vehicles when yout ake into account all of the hours buses are driving with literally no passengers."

Actually for most major cities that's false. US "research" presents this on behalf of certain right wing lobbyists to deny any kind of transit funding. Also your peak hour comment is somewhat incorrect as well. Given that you aren't a transit user I'll just chalk it up to unfamiliarity with the subject.

I wish "THE RENT'S TOO DAMN HIGH" guy from nyc would run here:P

TBH I don't think Rob Ford is a malicious individual or a Mike Harris in the making. I do think that he genuinely wants to improve things however I also think he's a micro manager and not a very competent one for the most part.

ON the other hand Smitherman is a corrupt individual (not e-health since that wasn't him, but based on other information). Pantalone had the most integrity of the lot which is why he didn't win:P

Also by all means cut transit funding and let the TTC fund their operations 100% from the fair box. You lose municipal political control over them if you do that which is why it usually isn't done but I"m somewhat for that.

I also think the 404 and the 410 extensions should be paid via tolls (they cost more/km than a subway line). Also there should be no rate regulation/rating restrictions for auto insurance beyond what would be limited by the constitution. Why should bad drivers be subsidized? There is no rate regulation for any other kind of insurance in Canada and it poses no issues.

Personally I'd rather live closer to work and walk. Screw driving and the TTC.

Ford's attrition idea to save costs is actually a good one btw but I'm not sure he can cut as much as he claims he can since he can't legally reduce ems services or certain other provincially mandated functions.

(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Oct 28th 2010, 0:20:59

Kinda like Hybrid and plugin vehicles. When you take into account the carbon footprint generated during construction of the specialized parts, the pollution generated mining materials for the batteries and the battery disposal problem, they are actually an environmental catastrophe. But hey, as long as the left wing nuts get to feel good about themselves they are great!
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Oct 28th 2010, 0:21:02

Also tolling the DVP and the Gardiner are very dumb ideas and with ford we won't be seeing that idea.

Don't expect gridlock to improve anytime soon.

(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Oct 28th 2010, 0:22:19

PS - who the hell is Rob Ford?
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Oct 28th 2010, 0:23:23

environmentalism has to be implemented at a corporate level not an individual level anyway. And people are unwilling to pay for that.

Nothing I do as an individual really makes that big of a difference tbh.

Again I take transit for financial and lifestyle reasons (less stress + more exercise).
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Oct 28th 2010, 0:24:32

http://www.robford.ca/
well he's now the mayor of toronto. That's his old web page.
Popular guy and very much a grass roots individual. Not always the brightest tool in the shed mind you.
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Oct 28th 2010, 0:28:36

Gotcha. +1 for walking to work.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

crazyserb Game profile

Oct 28th 2010, 2:27:28

he is gonna make the next 4 years in the city be great, after the 4 years though toronto will be broke hehe

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Oct 29th 2010, 18:44:42

lol I bet he's gonna be mediocre at best.
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

trialaccount Game profile

Nov 1st 2010, 23:41:23

he will solve many problems by making other problems bigger