Verified:

deepcode Game profile

Aug 14th 2010, 0:51:02

It's funny, but the most honesty i've given to anyone has been my fellow earthers. And I happen to think earthers would be the best people to listen to for advice (at least, most of them :P)

So, in the next couple of months i'll be looking for a new job. And i'm seeking ideas from you earthers.

here it is, i'm not too picky, but i've got a few conditions:

1. No dealing with the general public.

Priority #1 here. I'm becoming an alchoholic and the stress and anger is fluffing me up. I'm quite the solitary person, customer service was such a bad idea lol.

2. Part time work.

40/44 hours a week are for family men. I don't need or want that kind of money/time. Priority #2.

3. Um.. No qualifications?

I didn't finish college, I have no paperwork to get anything important or flashy. Lets face it, even if you know more about electricity than an electrician does, you're still not gonna get the job.

So, what the hell kinda jobs are out there for someone like me? The only things I can come up with are.

- burger flipper that doesn't do the headphone thing. I did work at kfc for 8 months, was pretty decent job.
- stock boy in some box store after hours.
- dishwasher or something along those lines.

mrford Game profile

Aug 14th 2010, 1:06:18

http://www.pb.com/

one of my friends works part time for them, about 30 hours a week, gets 90 paid vacation hours per year and good benifits.

hes still going to school so he dont have a degree yet either.

dont know if they are set up around where you live, but they are a pretty huge company, so they probably are
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Mad Morticia Game profile

Aug 14th 2010, 1:29:46

security work is always good. Pay isn't very good but it's a job and shouldn't have to deal with that many of the public.

mrford Game profile

Aug 14th 2010, 1:47:20

my list of jobs before i graduated in order

Brusters Ice Cream (first job, was in HS)

Media Play (worked there till sam ashe shut the company down)

Blockbuster Video (shift leader, quit when we were robbed ay gunpoint twice in 2 weeks)

Movie Gallery (i was a assistant store manager, and was the only employee in the store from 9am to 5pm, kicked ass at times, sucked at other times)

Jimmy Johns Subs (was a delivery driver, didnt work there for long, job sucked)

Security (worked at charlotte douglass international airport and did security for the company jet hangers)
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

deepcode Game profile

Aug 14th 2010, 1:51:23

I checked out that pitney bowers, i've heard of them. In my current job, I deal with many companies peoples, mainly cause they buy their safety boots from me, or they're forced to cause they're too lazy to come in during the week and show up on weekends when the manager isn't there.

Bleh, the gta site job listing shows 3 pages, mostly sales associated stuff, which would probably be what im doing now.

forgive my spelling/grammer, half drunk right now.

security will probably be out. In my area, Ontario, canada, you need a license apparantly to be a security guard, which mean smore schooling with overpriced fees. And the idea that i might be uniformed and patrolling a mall filled with people would suck balls.

deepcode Game profile

Aug 14th 2010, 1:54:06

omg lol, robbed at gunpoint.

I would not be surprised if that eventually happened, robberies are starting to go up, scarboro/ajax area. all the little gang stuff is slowly moving to my neck of the woods. That would really suck.

Detmer Game profile

Aug 14th 2010, 3:07:43

Tow seismic cables around Oklahoma and Texas

Marshal Game profile

Aug 14th 2010, 18:29:01

lumberjack if you can handle chainsaw.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....