Verified:

llaar Game profile

Jul 28th 2010, 6:49:03

i'm llaar on the game... i'll prolly be playing a good bit... went 2-3 on my first 5 ladder games

so if anyone wants to add me as a friend thats cool :)

first time i've ever got a game the first day it came out hehe. cept i supposed i played EE its first day ;) it is first PC game i've bought since original starcraft though, so i've been waiting on SC2 for way too long haha

fun to be told i didn't meet min requirements, at least it let me install anyway. i totally had an oh fluff moment there.

i apparently have a whopping .99 GB of RAM when the min requirement is 1 GB... lol go figure. gf's laptop has .99 as well.. shouldn't it be like 1.024 GB or something? lol.. i dont know wth RAM adds to .99 GB

Tinysub[SYN] Game profile

Jul 28th 2010, 7:13:08

we need the number thatgoes with your name my friend

llaar Game profile

Jul 28th 2010, 7:15:15

oh.. i think it was 615 or 651... lol... try those :P

Tinysub[SYN] Game profile

Jul 28th 2010, 8:22:36

diddnt workj

azmodii Game profile

Jul 28th 2010, 9:43:11

At the moment, people across servers IE - AUSNZ-->US-->AUSNZ Cant communicate. It sucks balls. But yea, Im on it - AUSNZ Server, Azmodii is the addy/306 is the number. Try and add me.

Oh and btw - Dont use that realID thingo - Doesnt work with SC2. I cant talk with my mates on WoW cuz of the crossserver problems. WoW is crossserver compatible.

Thought that was a slight oversight by blizzard - Just a lil bit :D

EDIT:

I got 2.2Ghz Dual Core, 4GB RAM & 512MB Radeon HD3200. Runs sweet on low - lol. I'd love to see the graphics on a gaming rig.

PS: Word is first expansion will up the min req by half.

Edited By: azmodii on Jul 28th 2010, 9:46:17
See Original Post
- EoEA ~ End Of Earth Alliance -

"I will slaughter them like a wolf among lambs! The rivers will run red with the blood of my enemies, the skies will rain fire! And when the land parts beneath them... I shall be the in emptiness waiting!"

spawn Game profile

Jul 28th 2010, 11:41:29

<-- Euro server :)
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

Billyjoe of UCF Game profile

Jul 28th 2010, 15:52:44

anyone get the collectors edition with the wow vanity pet they want to give me ;) ps i'm not even sure if thats how it works!

shooter Game profile

Jul 28th 2010, 16:08:38

<- euro server aswell
Only the dead have seen the end of war!

de1i Game profile

Jul 28th 2010, 16:39:48

Originally posted by Billyjoe of UCF:
anyone get the collectors edition with the wow vanity pet they want to give me ;) ps i'm not even sure if thats how it works!

You have to add the game to your battle.net account, you're not getting any free pet sorry.

llaar Game profile

Jul 28th 2010, 17:23:22

not sure what realid means..

anywho, are you supposed to be able to talk to people?

i have everything unmuted, i see my volume thing move when i talk, but no one hears me

if i do the test on mic, it doesnt play my voice back to me, even though the bars move showing that it does hear me...

i've never talked with my voice to people in a game before... lol would be interesting to see what thats like. i've never seen that feature

almost every game it tells me that my computer is slowing the game down... :( i have a 2.something dual core pentium with .99 gb ram and 128 mb video i believe...

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 28th 2010, 17:30:14

Really wanted to buy it, but I can't stomach the idea of no lan. Activision ruined Blizzard :(

Havoc Game profile

Jul 28th 2010, 18:33:00

no lan, really? :/
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Billyjoe of UCF Game profile

Jul 28th 2010, 18:39:58

real ID is what blizzard uses to make it possible to chat cross servers and even cross games. if you have your friends "realid" which is basically your email log in. then you can add them as a friend and chat them up!

Marshal Game profile

Jul 28th 2010, 19:07:40

http://www.starcraft-fans.com/page/Blizzard+Responds+to+No+LAN+Support
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

azmodii Game profile

Jul 28th 2010, 20:20:11

Originally posted by llaar:
not sure what realid means..

anywho, are you supposed to be able to talk to people?

i have everything unmuted, i see my volume thing move when i talk, but no one hears me

if i do the test on mic, it doesnt play my voice back to me, even though the bars move showing that it does hear me...

i've never talked with my voice to people in a game before... lol would be interesting to see what thats like. i've never seen that feature

almost every game it tells me that my computer is slowing the game down... :( i have a 2.something dual core pentium with .99 gb ram and 128 mb video i believe...

I had the same problem. You need to click on menu, options, voice and tick enable voice or something like that.

RealID is a big invasion of privacy. I dont particularly want my name attached to the stuff I spew out on the blizzard forums. And it doesnt work correctly with SC2. in WoW I can talk to all my friends via it - In SC2 I can only talk to my friends in the asia pacific server :(

Edited By: azmodii on Jul 28th 2010, 20:22:28
See Original Post

"I will slaughter them like a wolf among lambs! The rivers will run red with the blood of my enemies, the skies will rain fire! And when the land parts beneath them... I shall be the in emptiness waiting!"

TheORKINMan Game profile

Jul 30th 2010, 3:44:36

if anyone wants to add me :)
Smarter than your average bear.

Dragonlance Game profile

Jul 30th 2010, 3:53:33

i played hours and hours of LAN warcraft 2 and starcraft with my brother, cousin and mates back when i was younger..

no LAN = ridiculous.

it's no surprise though given Activision's track history..

They are the new EA.

Viceroy Game profile

Jul 30th 2010, 4:21:18

Is it true you can't play single player if the game can't connect to the internet first?
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

azmodii Game profile

Jul 30th 2010, 9:11:31

Yup thats right. Like WoW, You have to log in to battle.net - Prepare for that. All major games are either building their own version of battle.net or submitting to steams platform. Piracy is dead.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 30th 2010, 15:12:37

I will buy it the day i finish my thesis ;)
Finally did the signature thing.

Viceroy Game profile

Jul 30th 2010, 15:44:16

Is it wrong to hope somebody cracks SC2 before my next business trip overseas to a location with no internet?

Not like I'd have a lot of downtime anyways...
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 30th 2010, 17:32:08

As far as I understand it, you have to connect to the internet once. After that you can play offline, but you won't gain any achievements or other stuff in "offline mode".

Pretty funny that you can play the single player offline without gaining achievements but you can't play lan offline because "players need achievements and stat tracking for all games at all times!"

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jul 30th 2010, 18:11:35

yeah the copyright thing is somewhat overkill on this point. Why even bother with most computer games at this point when a consol is much much cheaper and the graphics technology is almost as good. Yes I can tell the difference but with HD tv it's not nearly as bad as things were back in the SNES or even N64 days.

Plus a 42" tv is cheaper than a 42" monitor. Plus surround sound support = the win:)
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 30th 2010, 18:12:32

the graphics are NO WHERE CLOSE to as good... play crysis recently?

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 30th 2010, 18:13:01

also then you have to have a console and have to have a TV... i already have a computer, i don't really want to buy a tv heh

Marshal Game profile

Jul 30th 2010, 19:46:21

Originally posted by Viceroy:
Is it wrong to hope somebody cracks SC2 before my next business trip overseas to a location with no internet?

Not like I'd have a lot of downtime anyways...

yes and crack could put malware on your comp.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 30th 2010, 23:37:46

PS3 has HDMI output and the Xbox 360 has VGA and HDMI. Time to retire the "TV" argument?

Marshal Game profile

Jul 31st 2010, 17:18:30

not as long as manufacturers keep those separated.

Dizology Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 13:43:01

All I'm going to say on this note is, If you have a GeForce 8800GT, Blizzard HATES you. Many cases of fried video cards due to limitless frame rate on the menus.

This game has proven to be extremely buggy and disappointing with an awesome single player.

No LAN makes the baby jesus cry

Beltshumeltz Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 14:34:23

I'm on the North America server. Add Beltshumeltz, code 543

I hope to be able to play some of you guys.

The game is AMAZING, both single player and online. The online gameplay is so strategic, you learn something new every single game. It's really good and an better than the other RTS no matter what people say about it not being revolutionary enough.

While I think it's too bad about no LAN and the Internet connection requirement, I somewhat understand it given the state of piracy. Piracy is so widespread it's unbelievable. Sure, they make enough money regardless, but when so many players get a cracked version, you gotta do stuff like this.

The game isn't buggy at all. Yes, it has caused some cards to overheat but you are blaming the wrong culprit if you think it's Blizzard, and I doubt the number is high regardless.

If your video card fries when playing arbitrary code that uses it at its maximum, that is a videocard/motherboard problem even if it's caused by code. Code isn't supposed to break physical hardware, and when it does you should blame the hardware manufacture or the computer builder!

A computer should be able to run its videocard and its maximum power no problem. If it overheats, you can blame Nvidia for making fluffty drivers or the customers for running a 8800GT in a computer with poor ventilation or dusty filters.

Keep in mind that for example, when people overclock their computer, they run stability and temperature tests with CPU programs such as Prime95, or GPU programs that run the card at its maximal capacity to test whether it makes the system unstable or too hot. If you didn't overclock your relatively cold 8800GT and it overheats to the point of physical damage (instead of just crashing), seriously, blame Nvidia and your computer builder. If you built your own machine, invest in better fans next time you make a gaming machine with a high-end videocard.

Given how many million games they sold already, even if you hear of dozens of people losing their videocards, you gotta remember that people who have problems are louder than happy customers, that people make a big deal scandal out of every problem involving a corporation nowadays, so you can assume that it's still a low number and that you will be fine. They will have a patch soon regardless, and the game is NOT buggy overall by any normal definition of the word buggy.

Forgotten1

Aug 9th 2010, 22:12:42

I really didn't want to say this, but llaar, how many accounts did you buy?

./runs

Forgotten
ICQ 43083642
MSN

Aug 10th 2010, 12:35:30

lol

BTW I still got no alliance offers... wait, I mean friend requests. Come on, are there no other North American players?

Marshal Game profile

Aug 10th 2010, 18:33:08

add llaar. :P

Aug 11th 2010, 7:57:13

I did but i guess he's not in NA, as in the continent

Marshal Game profile

Aug 11th 2010, 20:02:40

he lives at florida so ............

mrford Game profile

Aug 11th 2010, 20:36:20

He don't live in Florida
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Marshal Game profile

Aug 11th 2010, 20:48:35

oh he moved.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 12th 2010, 19:13:55

slag: I have a friend that plays xbox through a computer monitor.. and?:P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!