Verified:

Dark Morbid

May 5th 2010, 6:39:55

Originally posted by kemo:
they day you make it pay to play the player base will drop like a vanilla ice album

gambit Game profile

May 5th 2010, 6:44:20

you have been deemed naughty
Natural Born Killer

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 5th 2010, 7:06:04

This will probably be the only full statement from me on the subject...

We found that several FFA countries were logged into by the same person today.

This either means that there was account sharing or hacking involved. I confirmed in the game database that none of those accounts were subject to any hacking attempts, so that leaves the only option being account sharing.

If your countries were included in this sweep, then that is something you can continue to take up with us.
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires' Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 5th 2010, 7:07:34

The evidence in this case was incontrovertible.

mrford Game profile

May 5th 2010, 7:08:37

so one person, logged into hundreds of countries, over multiple clans

and you dont think hacking or any foul play was involved?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

gambit Game profile

May 5th 2010, 7:09:00

i dont know what that big word means!
Natural Born Killer

jagernacht Game profile

May 5th 2010, 7:09:22

tell me where there is ANY proof that my fluffing bulletproof password was used WITHOUT hacking.

i dare anyone to provide it :)
they call meh juggsy!!!
AIM: juggernautnbk
MSN:
E-Mail:
http://www.LegendsAtEarth.com

General TwizTid

May 5th 2010, 7:09:36

I DID IT....er... no i didnt....what?
General TwizTid
NBK HFA - FFA
EEVIL Member - Alliance
MSN:
yahoo:
#nbk on irc.gamesurge.net
http://nbk.boxcarhosting.com
[01:37] <@Gambit> if it has a hole, ill fill it!

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 5th 2010, 7:20:30

If your password was "bulletproof" that would suggest that it would be nearly impossible to hack or guess. You kind of shot yourself in the foot.

jagernacht Game profile

May 5th 2010, 7:21:45

show any proof that it was taken? it's all random letters and numbers for my password. i have to copy it from a fluffing excel sheet every time i login JUST to log in

like i said, show me any cookies literally IN my account, and i will cede and quit the game. until then you have 0 proof and are sac-less

Edited By: jagernacht on May 5th 2010, 7:25:19
they call meh juggsy!!!
MSN:
E-Mail:

mrford Game profile

May 5th 2010, 7:22:00

you REALLY think that jager, DM, goku, and like 10 other players
were sharing logins
cross clan?
no hanky panky?
ban the IP that logged into them
and leave it at that

no need to sweep the server, and kill the game even more
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Waseem Game profile

May 5th 2010, 7:28:28

the wrath of mehul

Bsnake Game profile

May 5th 2010, 7:30:44

is that why my countries jumped so many spots.......

Bsnake Netting FTW!!!!!!!
<bsnake> 68,270,386 turrets whats that in NW??
<Crippler> 115m NW
<Bsnake> 38 mill NW nub... thanks for your netting advice.. Stick to killing nub

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 5th 2010, 7:32:45

donny, if you don't respect your ban you'll find it'll become more permanent and annoying quickly.

Edited By: Pangaea on May 5th 2010, 7:33:12
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

General TwizTid

May 5th 2010, 7:35:12

Hell hes the only one of us that has a life according to him.... just permaban him and get it over with.
General TwizTid
NBK HFA - FFA
EEVIL Member - Alliance
MSN:
yahoo:
#nbk on irc.gamesurge.net
http://nbk.boxcarhosting.com
[01:37] <@Gambit> if it has a hole, ill fill it!

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 5th 2010, 7:36:42

Forum accounts are not tied to game accounts, so for specific information the owners of the deleted countries will need to make a formal request.

mrford, why do you assume that a single IP logged into them and how could you explain that if it was the case? The bottom line is that we don't like deleting countries, but the users involved know why they were deleted.

jagernacht Game profile

May 5th 2010, 7:38:09

how, you deleted my countries? i'm sure you have 0 proof, i just wanna see what pathetic excuse you could provide :)
they call meh juggsy!!!
MSN:
E-Mail:

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 5th 2010, 7:51:01

jagernacht: we know why you aren't defending your friends and you are so confident that your countries don't match the same pattern as theirs. You are only solidifying your guilt in my mind.

This is going to be the last post I'm making about this subject. We bought back FFA so all players could enjoy it. It's honestly a shame that so much effort is being spent to circumvent the system and consequently the developers have to spend so much effort tracking things down.

jagernacht Game profile

May 5th 2010, 7:57:10

why should i talk about people whose situations i dont know? i know this is a pathetic attempt by you to destroy the game... successful :)
they call meh juggsy!!!
MSN:
E-Mail:

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 5th 2010, 8:00:05

Agreed with Slagpit.

We don't want to delete anyone, but we strive to make the game a level playing field for ALL players. I wish that everyone would see fit to play by the game rules, rather than attempting to circumvent them.

You can bash us, you can flame us, you can call us liars... the admins have all looked at this, and as much as it pains us, it does seem like there is something not so good going on here. I also agree with Slagpit that this server is one DIRTY place compared to others or even my own expectations before we looked into some of these issues further. We put a lot of hard work and energy into creating the game, and more specifically this server for all of you to play on. We'd rather keep pushing the game forward than dealing with things like this and the ensuing fallout.

Roughly 10 developer hours were pissed away on this which could have gone towards creating new features, working on some of the design aspects or writing interfaces for other platforms.
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

Thunder Game profile

May 5th 2010, 8:00:16

Right and you've never held a bias towards LaE at all, ever.
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

jagernacht Game profile

May 5th 2010, 8:03:12

you know what, if you guys don't even want to provide the accused with the 'proof' you apparently 'have.'

fluff it, you win, i'll join the list of the many to quit this game.
they call meh juggsy!!!
MSN:
E-Mail:

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 5th 2010, 8:03:22

the people destroying the game are the people who feel the need to cheat.

like I just said, this isn't a situation we want, and if we weren't positive there was cause for this, we wouldn't have proceeded with it.
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

jagernacht Game profile

May 5th 2010, 8:05:00

and let everyone know on FFAT, now, that I, an accused 'login sharer' have been provided 0 proof even though two administrators said they would IF asked.

Originally posted by Slagpit:

Forum accounts are not tied to game accounts, so for specific information the owners of the deleted countries will need to make a formal request.

Originally posted by Pangaea:

If your countries were included in this sweep, then that is something you can continue to take up with us.

classy :)
they call meh juggsy!!!
MSN:
E-Mail:

Donny24325

May 5th 2010, 8:05:56

Edited By: Donny24325 on May 5th 2010, 8:06:15

Dark Morbid

May 5th 2010, 8:06:45

Originally posted by Thunder:
Right and you've never held a bias towards LaE at all, ever.

Or NA for that matter.

Don't think I don't still have all the logs still from the staff channel Slag from where this all stemmed from.

Tis all good tho.
they day you make it pay to play the player base will drop like a vanilla ice album

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 5th 2010, 8:09:31

this isn't a court of law... but like we said, IP and cookie information... we're not making this up. This is NOT a witch hunt. We have no reason to witch hunt people (Thunder, is that what you're claiming we're doing?) because we want this server to be a successful part of EE. We are not going to provide the actual, technical details of what exactly caught you all, because it would only help others cheat more effectively in the future. That's what people did with the old mods, and why in the end, beating their system was, in theory, super simple.

if you feel the need to leave over this, jag, that is unfortunate... however, playing outside the rules is unfortunate as well.

if you're going to quit, though, you may as well just come clean on your way out the door...
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 5th 2010, 8:10:39

A "formal request" means to send an email to using the email address that you registered with.

Dark Morbid

May 5th 2010, 8:12:02

Come clean on what? That would be like indicating to contact a game mod to find out why you were deleted to only not be told.

Per our convo Pang, You delete cheaters, but cut a deal with the one person who infact cheated and I see their countries are still alive...

Congrats, you are now the united states government.

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 5th 2010, 8:14:56

Slag lead NA's war effort last set... I don't think he wants them to go anywhere...

we're just committed to stamping out cheating WHEREVER it is found. If anyone thinks there are any witch hunts, they are mistaken.

I don't care at all about the politics on the FFA server, I know nothing of the clans and most of the people who play here I've met recently and don't know much about, other than what I gathered from small talk + game questions. I feel these deletions are all warranted, albeit unfortunate. I reviewed this information and it is VERY damning.
You can take me at my word, as someone who's been involved in every stage of our anti-cheating efforts, a core game developer and someone who wants this game to succeed, or you can choose not to.

I don't really care... I've put in enough time today trying to get to the bottom of this that I feel I am well versed enough in the subject to concretely say "these are appropriate deletions."

I hope everyone can grow up a little and play the server with 15 (maybe 16 next set!) countries each the way it was meant to be played.
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

Dark Morbid

May 5th 2010, 8:16:34

if you're going to quit, though, you may as well just come clean on your way out the door...

To answer your question;

"We are not going to provide the actual, technical details of what exactly caught you all, because it would only help others cheat more effectively in the future."

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 5th 2010, 8:19:18

Originally posted by Dark Morbid:
Come clean on what? That would be like indicating to contact a game mod to find out why you were deleted to only not be told.

Per our convo Pang, You delete cheaters, but cut a deal with the one person who infact cheated and I see their countries are still alive...

you mean these two msgs i sent:
Dave... says (2:52 AM):
perhaps one of those 4 sold you out in exchange for immunity :p
(watching 24... :p)

I'm not sure how you took that, but I was just joking around because I was watching 24.... where that happens about 3 or 4 times per season, usually.
but did I just see you admit that we did infact properly delete cheaters, but the last person involved is still alive... :p

so I guess we have more to look through?
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

Dark Morbid

May 5th 2010, 8:20:35

Wow, just like the US Gov, I address a MAJOR issue, such the fact the the person who cheated, did not get deleted becuase he cut a deal with you. So, how dare you delete what you did and not delete the fluffing person responsible for logging into all of the accounts?

Class act here. No need to grow up, wise up and don't bash us and then let the REAL cheater go.

Dark Morbid

May 5th 2010, 8:22:02

I mean, by cheated, as you put it, "were logged into by the same person today."

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 5th 2010, 8:22:26

I'm suspicious of everyone and more suspicious of certain alliances: if you feel that makes me biased, fine. But I was the last person to sign off on the LaE deletions.

I don't have a problem with anyone personally in NA or LaE, but I do have a problem with cheaters. I don't know what the exact overlap is between cheaters and those alliances, but I also don't know that for any other alliance.

The comments in this thread seem to be more about politics and preserving reputations, which is exactly why I said I was done posting before.

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 5th 2010, 8:23:58

did you not get what I was saying? this is why you shouldn't bring convos to public....

I was saying that I was making a 24 reference... (ie the (watching 24:p)

I also said "perhaps" at the start of my sentence, meaning that it was a possibility.

if you didn't read into that, i'm sorry.... but like we said publicly, every country that was involved was deleted -- there is no one being sheltered :p lol
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

Dark Morbid

May 5th 2010, 8:26:08

This will probably be the only full statement from me on the subject...

We found that several FFA countries were logged into by the same person today.

This either means that there was account sharing or hacking involved. I confirmed in the game database that none of those accounts were subject to any hacking attempts, so that leaves the only option being account sharing.

You posted it!...lol I didn't bring it public, you did.

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 5th 2010, 8:30:38

Originally posted by Dark Morbid:

looks more like you brought it up.... why would I bring up something I considered to be an obvious joke and not relevant to the conversation?

i'm going to bed... you guys can try to posture all you like, but we know we're right on this issue -- we had the whole admin staff looking into it on top of the FFA server mods. You guys were sharing accounts... maybe someone got sloppy or something, I don't really know that aspect...

It's unfortunate, like I keep saying.... but we will NOT allow people to cheat in any form in the game. Fair play trumps everything else.

Edited By: Pangaea on May 5th 2010, 8:32:17
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

Dark Morbid

May 5th 2010, 8:30:39

Let me pick at your brain. As a QUESTION. If one said that they cheated, why would you be asking how they did it if you already knew they were a cheater? Wouldn't your answer lye in that same bullfluff pot as the statements you said above came from?

Dark Morbid

May 5th 2010, 8:32:15

If account sharing is the major concern of yours, i'd suggest closing ee down.

Mad Morticia Game profile

May 5th 2010, 9:06:50

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo...................I have waited years to get this game back on and have no interest whatsoever in playing in any of the other Earth games. It's FFA or nothing for me.

Now I did pick up on a remark by an important person (forget who now) up there--something about perhaps having 16 instead of 15 countries next reset. I would really like that cause I always ally with myself but that leaves 3 countries with only 2 tech allies, but if we could have 16 countries, my life here on Earth would be perfect. Please give that some heavy thought, would ya?

spawn Game profile

May 5th 2010, 10:20:41

yes MM, 16 countries is a high probability as far as i can see

Pangaea and Slagpit said it all and seeing how the conversation in this thread went, the deletions were more than justified.
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

snawdog Game profile

May 5th 2010, 10:56:17

Without getting all politickity about this,i do find some humor in the deletion for alleged cheating on a multi-country server and then the Admins allowing more countries in the next reset.
(Yes i have read the thread and know it is not about any one person having too many countries)
ICQ 364553524
msn

Walding Game profile

May 5th 2010, 11:55:11

I would say put a cork in it...I would like to see FFA here next set.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 5th 2010, 12:38:30

Probably the first LAE deletions yesterday were done by me based on completely different evidence before any of this came up. Of course I am more than willing to discuss this with those account owners in private (or they can talk to pang or a game admin).

In all honesty I didn't even pay attention to the tag since that doesn't really matter. I really hate deleting posts on forums much less countries from the game but as has already been mentioned fair play is paramount.

you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

NOW3P Game profile

May 5th 2010, 13:52:41

I don't wanna get into the trolling/bashing, so just one quick question....

Will any info be shared w/ LaE heads? I know mods can't share much info and what not, but will enough go to the heads to help them sort this issue and work on cleaning LaE up?

I'd advise to LaE'ers to shut the fluff up in this thread - you guys have made it very clear you're not entirely sure what's going on here, and every post makes the tag look worse and worse.

Deal with this internally, THEN go posting on FFAT....except those actually making a lame ass attempt to threaten the mods by saying you'll leave....you guys can just stfu all together. Really....what are we here, 5 year olds???

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 5th 2010, 15:08:05

mmm

gambit Game profile

May 5th 2010, 17:00:03

no... im 6 years old!

shut up now3p!

mods are doodie heads

all lae members.... JOIN NBK!
Natural Born Killer

kemo Game profile

May 5th 2010, 17:01:09

pang you need to give 24 up for good. the actin is horrible :(

watch the office!!
all praised to ra

NukEvil Game profile

May 5th 2010, 17:05:25

Watch My Name is Earl...

It exhibits the highest of moral standards, accompanied by the cleanest of humor and laughter.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.