Verified:

sinistril Game profile

Jun 28th 2019, 10:00:38

This forum is boring. Since this topic came up a short while back and is pretty relevant considering ICD is well positioned to be the first clan ever to break 50m TNW this set (or should with their regular crew and the best netters from loc), I thought I'd start some discussion/controversy.

What is the best clan ever?
Best pure war? Pure netting? Overall? What clans would you like to see back?

Edited By: sinistril on Jun 28th 2019, 11:26:01
See Original Post
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

The_Hawk

Jun 28th 2019, 10:21:08

Well for my era of play.

Icd = best netting
CC = best warring *even with some of the questionable sets
Icd = best overall

Would love to see a reemergence of old imp with max sin iron and the rest of the old crew

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

sinistril Game profile

Jun 28th 2019, 10:37:06

For reference

Most Triple Crowns (TNW, ANW, #1)
TKO - 3
IMP -2
ICD -2

Most TNW
TKO - 19 (7 in a row!)
ICD - 12
PANLV - 10
IMP - 8
LAE - 3
LOC - 2
ESD - 1
KSM -1

Most ANW (solo clans removed)
ICD - 11
PANLV - 7
ESD - 6
TKO - 5
NBK - 2
IMP - 2
MERCS - 2
DYNASTY - 2
LOC - 1
TITTIES - 1

Some of these clans were around longer than others :P

I'll add more stats tomorrow when I can be bothered to adjust my database if people want

Edited By: sinistril on Jun 28th 2019, 11:36:53
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

The_Hawk

Jun 28th 2019, 10:56:42

True. Why I said for my era :)

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Jun 28th 2019, 13:33:59

Ttt. Cc is to high
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 28th 2019, 13:35:03

Numbers don't lie I guess. However LoC may be the most fun tag to play in. But I am sure each has their moments lol.

ICD for netting tho has to be tops.
Just shut up and have another beer

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 28th 2019, 13:43:12

Edited By: Jayr on Jul 2nd 2019, 0:24:58
wasn't me...

Marshal Game profile

Jun 28th 2019, 19:23:55

Originally posted by Jayr:
U aint gnna mention NA one time? WOW...

NA should return?
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Crippler ICD Game profile

Jun 28th 2019, 23:49:42

hey we can kill fluff 2 :P

we have atleast 2 regular members with over 1k kills
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jun 29th 2019, 2:41:40

Originally posted by Marshal:

NA should return?

No
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 29th 2019, 14:13:36

Edited By: Jayr on Jul 2nd 2019, 0:24:44
wasn't me...

Rokkie Game profile

Jun 29th 2019, 18:57:54

Originally posted by Red X:

NA should return?

No
Yes.

Along with llaar...good times

^^^

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 29th 2019, 19:04:56

Originally posted by sinistril:

I always counted this as the measure of a triple crown but I have recently found myself as a minority in having that opinion in many discussions. I just want to state that I'm very much in favor of this definition.

Marshal Game profile

Jun 29th 2019, 19:14:35

well how that larger group counts triple crown? tnw+anw+members?

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jun 29th 2019, 19:33:35

Originally posted by Red X:

NA should return?

No
Yes.

Along with llaar...good times

Lol, then ill have a reason not to half ass war <3

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 29th 2019, 19:40:53

If you got 1st in ANW and 1st in membership you certainly will have TNW, so one of those don't matter. That's my main arguement against it.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 29th 2019, 19:54:18

I think TKO around the beginning of EE was dominant netting in an era with more parity, more players and no free land.

When i think of the top netting tags ever i think no one can even compare themselves to that after 3/4 of the game left. The eyeball test changes a bit when youre only competing with like 15 other people.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jun 29th 2019, 20:01:16
See Original Post

sinistril Game profile

Jun 29th 2019, 21:38:32

Originally posted by Gerdler:

I always counted this as the measure of a triple crown but I have recently found myself as a minority in having that opinion in many discussions. I just want to state that I'm very much in favor of this definition.

Agreed. I was aware of the other definition which is why I specified. In addition to your argument against it, I don't think total members is a good set based accomplishment since the same clans usually have total members from set to set.

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 29th 2019, 21:48:21

Edited By: Jayr on Jul 2nd 2019, 0:23:26
wasn't me...

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jun 29th 2019, 22:38:24

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
I think TKO around the beginning of EE was dominant netting in an era with more parity, more players and no free land.

When i think of the top netting tags ever i think no one can even compare themselves to that after 3/4 of the game left. The eyeball test changes a bit when youre only competing with like 15 other people.

I agree

Raging Budda Game profile

Jun 29th 2019, 22:44:59

Seconded, wait thirded.
Your base is mine!

sinistril Game profile

Jun 29th 2019, 23:31:14

While I don't disagree with your choice as I would personally think TKO is still #1, the real picture is actually a lot more complicated than that. Free land doesn't mean anything as everyone has it. The neutrality of bots is important in comparing eras as it means that the stats I posted aren't changed by bots. If we were talking best set ever, bots would need to be taken into consideration. But as for more people playing.... That's true but were more people competing? FFA has been in an unprecedented state of peace since CC left. It could be that more people were netting in many of ICDs victories than at many points in the past. Take TKOs first triple crown.... Who else was netting that set? It was a dominant reset, during a server war. PANLV usually took ANW off TKO in those days, and ICD was competing against both and winning some netting victories when both were at their top. I think it's a bit more complicated than TKO won more TNW rounds when there were more in the game; therefore.

I think an argument for all ICD, TKO and PANLV can be made. IMP is pretty clearly #4 being one of only 3 clans with triple crowns and many dominant sets and then it can be ESD or LAE who never really lasted in EE imo as far as netting goes.

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jun 30th 2019, 1:02:17

FFA has been in an unprecedented state of peace since CC left.

And thankfully the trash has stayed at the landfill so far.

Glory, glory, hallelujah.

Bot Clan Leader

EE Patron

Jun 30th 2019, 2:06:07

While I don't disagree with your choice as I would personally think TKO is still #1, the real picture is actually a lot more complicated than that. Free land doesn't mean anything as everyone has it. The neutrality of bots is important in comparing eras as it means that the stats I posted aren't changed by bots. If we were talking best set ever, bots would need to be taken into consideration. But as for more people playing.... That's true but were more people competing? FFA has been in an unprecedented state of peace since CC left. It could be that more people were netting in many of ICDs victories than at many points in the past. Take TKOs first triple crown.... Who else was netting that set? It was a dominant reset, during a server war. PANLV usually took ANW off TKO in those days, and ICD was competing against both and winning some netting victories when both were at their top. I think it's a bit more complicated than TKO won more TNW rounds when there were more in the game; therefore.

I think an argument for all ICD, TKO and PANLV can be made. IMP is pretty clearly #4 being one of only 3 clans with triple crowns and many dominant sets and then it can be ESD or LAE who never really lasted in EE imo as far as netting goes.

My bots will always be neutral.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 30th 2019, 17:26:42

Fair enough. I don't really view the triple crowns as any sign of quality in netting for a similar reason. If a decent netter rocks a solo tag they almost always win ANW because actual tags have a variety of finishes.

A lot of triple crowns were just a virtue of there not being a relevant solo tag. LoC three sets ago had by far the highest ANW for a clan over 60 countries ever and it's not close. We blew that out of the water but can't compete with a decent netter solo regardless. I think in that way the measure is degraded.

Crippler ICD Game profile

Jun 30th 2019, 22:37:00

my perspective always was 1 in members tnw and anw was triple crown not #1 overall - imo it's more accomplishment to have highest anw with more members than it is to have #1 overall especially since alot of the earlier sets could be won with 1.5 bil or less lol - it's a bit harder now that some of you are competing with each other to see who can get the biggest etc.
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Charlie Sheen

EE Patron

Jun 30th 2019, 22:49:23

No one can compete with me for biggest.

sinistril Game profile

Jul 1st 2019, 2:37:21

Fair enough. I don't really view the triple crowns as any sign of quality in netting for a similar reason. If a decent netter rocks a solo tag they almost always win ANW because actual tags have a variety of finishes.

A lot of triple crowns were just a virtue of there not being a relevant solo tag. LoC three sets ago had by far the highest ANW for a clan over 60 countries ever and it's not close. We blew that out of the water but can't compete with a decent netter solo regardless. I think in that way the measure is degraded.

Actually, LoCs ANW over 60 set wasn't even top 5 if you're talking about the 250 mill avg one. ICD and IMP have both beaten it multiple times. Not sure about other clans. The thing about the solo tag argument is its always been around, it's just more prevalent these days because solo tags are less likely to be killed for success. Which means that an ANW win nowadays is probably a lot more impressive for a large clan (hence triple crown is more impressive in my opinion!) because its even rarer.

But yeah, I think going down that road means statistics aren't really relevant at all. ICD and IMP would have a bunch more ANW wins if not for small clans, LOC would have a couple more too. TNW, I've seen it argued, is a numbers game (and eventually with enough members that's true). So you'd have to argue for intangibles. Longetivity? Best individual netters? Do clans get penalized for benefitting from the protection for war clans? Do they get credit for being in a lot of wars and winning netting titles in between? Hard to say :P

Uncle James Game profile

Jul 5th 2019, 19:26:16

xNAx was the top netting tag when llaarr was running it. I was in the tag when it shut down and disbanded and he made the most record holding countries in the game. Of course that is when there were some glitches that were found and used to make monster countries. Which are all gone now>

Probably will never be monster countries like that ever again>

Marshal Game profile

Jul 5th 2019, 19:50:07

never say never.

if enuf players coordinate it might be possible but unlikely that it happens.

sinistril Game profile

Jul 5th 2019, 20:55:43

If bug abuse was the name of the game, then I don't see how they'd be in the running for best ever

never say never.

if enuf players coordinate it might be possible but unlikely that it happens.

How big were the countries?

Marshal Game profile

Jul 5th 2019, 21:06:20

it was feature not bug, llaarpie didn't get deleted.

search how big those countries were, i don't remember exact nw/land.

sinistril Game profile

Jul 5th 2019, 22:04:33

it was feature not bug, llaarpie didn't get deleted.

search how big those countries were, i don't remember exact nw/land.

Don't have access to E2025 stats

Marshal Game profile

Jul 5th 2019, 23:55:35

llarpie did it in ee not earth2025.

sinistril Game profile

Jul 6th 2019, 0:02:33

llarpie did it in ee not earth2025.

In LaE? Thought we're talking about xNAx and some unbeaten nw records, not land records. I guess the land records are untouchable unless there are changes to the way grabs work even if people group together.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 6th 2019, 10:32:23

It Was ~8 Years Ago So Dunno Where He Was Tagged At That Time.

Doubt Even EC Records In NW Are Near Best NWs Of Current Best NWs In FFA.

Earth2025 Stats Are In EE-Wiki.

sinistril Game profile

Jul 6th 2019, 11:04:21

Couldn't find the E2025 stats. There are some for alliance but none for FFA. Just some old, outdated FFA records.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 6th 2019, 14:49:10

Old FFAs had A LOT less turns per hr than EE FFA so I don't think that even those who ran thousands of countries had end NWs near of current EE records (with oil usage and ghosties).

llaar's FA'd restart in NA EC might have gotten to last FFA set's top 10.

Boltar Game profile

Jul 6th 2019, 20:13:34

this is the old definition of triple crown, and i feel is the true definition,

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 6th 2019, 22:37:22

It means only 2-3 tags can get it in every era. Makes it a bad definition. Why does members have anything to do with netting anyway? If you are the best netters on the server you will get anw, if you got some quantity as well you get TNW. But if your best netter is not as good as the best netter in other tags you dont get 1st rank. Netting is all about qualtity of play not quantity of play.

Can you show me a tag that has taken ANW and 1st in membership but not TNW? If not then its a double crown because one of those crowns are utterly pointless.
1st rank, ANW and TNW each requires different netting qualities, so winning them means you have three netting qualities better than anyone else who netgained that reset.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jul 6th 2019, 23:33:06

Originally posted by The_Hawk:
Well for my era of play.

Icd = best netting
CC = best warring *even with some of the questionable sets
Icd = best overall

Would love to see a reemergence of old imp with max sin iron and the rest of the old crew

You obviously weren't around the time I caused Aponic to ragequit and he detagged CC when we (NBK) FS'd
lmao that was good night

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 7th 2019, 4:09:31

It means only 2-3 tags can get it in every era. Makes it a bad definition. Why does members have anything to do with netting anyway? If you are the best netters on the server you will get anw, if you got some quantity as well you get TNW. But if your best netter is not as good as the best netter in other tags you dont get 1st rank. Netting is all about qualtity of play not quantity of play.

Can you show me a tag that has taken ANW and 1st in membership but not TNW? If not then its a double crown because one of those crowns are utterly pointless.
1st rank, ANW and TNW each requires different netting qualities, so winning them means you have three netting qualities better than anyone else who netgained that reset.

Meh. Solo tags dont get bothered tho anymore. In a set where a great netter posts up a 700m nw avg or something solo, it becomes damn near impossible for a tag with a few members to touch anw. Sin would cost ICD a triple this set were he solo like usual, even tho they obviously deserve it and are clearly ripping everyone apart on stock. There's no measure that works. It's just fortunate for them he's choosing to be in a tag but honestly he could just detag and tag solo and cost them a triple crown. Does that make their set worse?

In the way that 1a is adjusted to a minimum of tags being /10 players, and team /5, ffa should be /64 to get a REAL measure. Otherwise triple crowns are purely based on whether or not a good player runs solo or not.

Honestly every triple crown ever could have been beat by rebelnbk running solo any set. All of them. He only does like 450m avg which isnt even spectacular, but its enough to be above any tag that has ever tripled. Ever....

Triples nowadays are purely a measure of luck. ICD will triple this set only because sin is not solo like he has been. If he was solo, would that somehow degrade ICDs performance? I think not.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jul 7th 2019, 4:28:56
See Original Post

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 7th 2019, 4:25:10

Honestly i find top 10 or top 5 sweeps with a win in tnw, and best anw over 64 more impressive than getting lucky and having people who net join tags with members.

We've attempted and completed these things, but big up to 2009 TKO for t10 sweeping like that then. Far more impressive.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jul 7th 2019, 4:41:58
See Original Post

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 7th 2019, 4:35:00

Like seriously i havent played turns in like 3 weeks but i bet i could solo tag now and cost icd a triple this set. It's that fragile of a measure.

sinistril Game profile

Jul 7th 2019, 4:49:53

Honestly i find top 10 or top 5 sweeps with a win in tnw, and best anw over 64 more impressive than getting lucky and having people who net join tags with members.

We've attempted and completed these things, but big up to 2009 TKO for t10 sweeping like that then. Far more impressive.

Raz almost got a top 10 sweep himself. How? Server war. Was the TKO sweep a server war? Just as much luck as me, SV or rebel running solo except the largest cats in town could choose to take luck out of the equation with missile dumps if they wanted.

I agree on /64 but disagree on the luck part.

Meh. Solo tags dont get bothered tho anymore. In a set where a great netter posts up a 700m nw avg or something solo, it becomes damn near impossible for a tag with a few members to touch anw. Sin would cost ICD a triple this set were he solo like usual, even tho they obviously deserve it and are clearly ripping everyone apart on stock. There's no measure that works. It's just fortunate for them he's choosing to be in a tag but honestly he could just detag and tag solo and cost them a triple crown. Does that make their set worse?

In the way that 1a is adjusted to a minimum of tags being /10 players, and team /5, ffa should be /64 to get a REAL measure. Otherwise triple crowns are purely based on whether or not a good player runs solo or not.

Honestly every triple crown ever could have been beat by rebelnbk running solo any set. All of them. He only does like 450m avg which isnt even spectacular, but its enough to be above any tag that has ever tripled. Ever....

Triples nowadays are purely a measure of luck. ICD will triple this set only because sin is not solo like he has been. If he was solo, would that somehow degrade ICDs performance? I think not.

Chicken counter. ;) Also,there's a big solo tag this reset too. That says to me the big clans aren't recruiting well enough. I mean, look at his name

Edited By: sinistril on Jul 7th 2019, 4:54:00

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 7th 2019, 4:57:23

You make me want to solo 270m nw avg in the last 4 weeks just to prove a point. Its annoying and proves nothing tho and i know that.

Just divide tags by 64 and I'll believe triples have any weight. As it stands, I'll take a sweep, tnw, and anw over 64 above a triple crown any day.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jul 7th 2019, 6:07:30
See Original Post

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 7th 2019, 12:08:01

btw:

Llaar's best was: http://www.earthempires.com/ffa/3/ranks
Well for land anyways, 90 million acres.. as for NW, i'm not searching the whole lot but it was 6billion, it was tagged LaE but everyone knows that was basically the FFA version of NA.

Also no one can deny that CC was the best warring clan here in this version of the game. And from my time after LaE and the issues with multis, definitely TKO is best Netting clan around.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 7th 2019, 15:06:00

91m acres is quite impossible to get but its a challenge for some1.

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 7th 2019, 15:29:06

You can beat it Marshal.
Just shut up and have another beer

Marshal Game profile

Jul 7th 2019, 15:44:04

no way.

it requires quite a big group of players working together and don't see that happening.