Verified:

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 14th 2018, 21:44:06

You know what pisses me off. The whole NW matching thing for grabs.

Some schmuck jetter comes all up in your face and top feeds, then you retal... but cos you are carrying fine defense you get fluff returns.

NW matching *downwards*, I get. It stops crap players raping land. It makes sense a tiny country should be limited in what it take from a large country.

NW matching up is basically punishing people that can play well. If I have a good country - I should get baseline returns, not some nerfed fluff because the defending country is a fluffing idiot.

I'm sure it was intended "for the good of the server". I don't agree. It specifically hurts good players, not n00bs. It does more to drive away good old players, then retain new players.

trumpoz Game profile

Sep 14th 2018, 22:11:34

Poor little Ugo.....

Did the big, bad country topfeed him and the retal sucked?

MountainYeti Game profile

Sep 14th 2018, 23:31:20

There are ways to minimize losing trades. High weapons and mil strat obviously. Also you can max sell your D and other tech to jump down in nw. Obviously this has risks of being hit during the time it takes to sell and also costs you money(less if demo). Unfortunately big countries are gonna lose when they start doubling the size of others best bet is high D and prevent the hit.

Bigger issue is when someone gets hit hard (such as non GDI AB runs this set) and than top feeds everyone but because of DR retals are pointless.

trumpoz Game profile

Sep 15th 2018, 0:11:11

and then RoR's

kal Game profile

Sep 15th 2018, 2:59:21

L:L?

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 15th 2018, 4:30:42

actually that could be a situation where you could change the formula based on the server

Marshal Game profile

Sep 15th 2018, 10:29:56

you are barking on wrong forum so post that rant to bugs et suggs.

also not sure what you want gains formula to be, bigger gets more from small or smaller getting "nothing" from bigger or what.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Sep 15th 2018, 10:50:50

Generally E2025 was a game that rewarded good play, this is a game that tries in many ways to balance bad players with good ones. Ofc it fails still, but in the areas it tries it creates weird AF situations such as the ones Ugol is describing.

The fact that within a certain relative NW range NW matters more to your returns than the acreage of your target is bizarre. Also the practical removal of the land-dropping penalty to SPAL make sure that wars never end is silly to put it mildly.

sfbob Game profile

Sep 15th 2018, 11:43:12

Gains should be based on 2 factors, acreage of target and attack force sent minus defence so say you send twice as many jets as needed to break defence then you get extra gains. That should sort it all out. Smaller nw counties could then still grab bigger ones but should be unable to muster enough jets for a really big grab unless the bigger nw target had a really inadequate defence