Verified:

dantzig Game profile

Sep 7th 2010, 0:04:58

The top 10 was very interesting this round:
4 x H
3 x C
2 x R
1 x F

3 countries over 20 mil, including a commie indy (nice job)!

With the poor tech market this reset, I'd guess that the top 10 had 6 cashers, 3 indies, and a farmer.
FoG

Spear Game profile

Sep 7th 2010, 1:27:51

The top ten had two techers. The top four techers all finished together in places 9-12.

lincoln

Sep 7th 2010, 4:07:41

75 and 89 both hid in the 70s until monday morning
and then used the winning strat of the last few sets

great job by the commie

is there any doubt that he had far and away the best set of anyone?

if the admins come to agree that allowing the last second dash for the cash strat with 700 turns on monday morning is not good for the server there are several ways to limit it

my favorite is allow an express only spy op that allows the spier to steal 3% of the target's turns

another though is to treat express like a stage race like the tour de france. award points for a country's position at each of various points in the set
at set end add up those points to determine the winner
in this case the commie would win handily
and it seems to me to be a much fairer result

one casher who had 500 turns and $1.5B didnt play on monday it would have been interesting to see where he finished

Edited By: lincoln on Sep 7th 2010, 4:17:42
See Original Post
FoG

A-Rod Game profile

Sep 7th 2010, 4:40:31

the top commie was lucky. all those tripple taps and not one retal of any kind.

locket Game profile

Sep 7th 2010, 4:41:38

you are a moron. Do you have any idea how many turns you could get with that? People would have friends running turn farms then -_-

dantzig Game profile

Sep 7th 2010, 4:58:58

He seemed lucky but he had to do something right to avoid retals. Running the same strat earned me a dead country. He picked the right people to hit 2-4 times and must have built a country with few weaknesses.

I fully agree that the last minute casher strat is BS. The simplest way to fix it would be to change the game mechanics to require more frequent play (less max/stored turns). It really seems backwards that playing a minimally involved game trumps actively playing.
FoG

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 7th 2010, 4:59:50

The turns idea is definitely bad. At 50 allowed ops/day, you could use that to gain yourself 100+ additional turns per day. It's not hurting the turn stockers nearly as much as it is aiding those who like using harmful ops on netters. It would be abused in so many ways I don't even know where to start.

As for the other....overly complex. unnecessary. easily abused.

Hash Game profile

Sep 7th 2010, 7:00:08

I played a casher, but not a last minute one.
I only had like 350 turns, cashed out pretty early and had a small private market when jumped. Most NW was bought in public..

Basicly if you dont get suicided or get only a bit ..your chances on winning become huge..

Rob Game profile

Sep 7th 2010, 10:30:17

Originally posted by Spear:
The top ten had two techers. The top four techers all finished together in places 9-12.

I have to correct you on this. I played #65 Kualalala Lumpur placing 8th and I was a techer.

Rob Game profile

Sep 7th 2010, 10:30:58

Really sucky reset to play a techer i must say with the rapidly crumbling tech prices

lincoln

Sep 7th 2010, 13:12:55

any change you have to wonder how people will cheat but actually having a turn farm would be more difficult than the current systems where some players have a land farm which also launch failed attacks against them

fortunately one of the main users of that strat in this set got crushed by special attacks from a third party
FoG

Rob Game profile

Sep 7th 2010, 16:40:21

Originally posted by lincoln:
any change you have to wonder how people will cheat but actually having a turn farm would be more difficult than the current systems where some players have a land farm which also launch failed attacks against them

fortunately one of the main users of that strat in this set got crushed by special attacks from a third party

Which country was that lincoln?

dantzig Game profile

Sep 7th 2010, 16:42:54

Land farm cheating does not occur in Express due to DRs. That's the only danger of reducing DRs that I can think of.
FoG

lincoln

Sep 7th 2010, 17:51:30

land farm cheating is reduced in express because you can only take 5 or at most ten hits before every body else discovers your farm

52 stalingrad
FoG