Verified:

Navisis Game profile

Jul 3rd 2010, 20:23:39

What happened? 21.5mm the set before and then 17mm takes the top spot last set. You can't tell me that cashing was that bad last set considering a casher prolly won the last 4 in a row.

NOW3P Game profile

Jul 3rd 2010, 20:36:28

markets were crap due to some n00bs being trigger happy w/ the return goods button, I suspect. Also, the dwindling player base will mean more and more volatile markets. Probably better get used to it, I don't see it changing any time soon.

Dragon Game profile

Jul 3rd 2010, 20:53:04

I think part of the problem is analogous to "chasing the straight" in poker.

WHat I mean is that everyone sees 10 Theos finish in the top 10 and so next set, everyone plays a Theo. Unfortunately, that gluts the tech and weapons markets, so the Cashers rule the next set.

Then, everyone sees how well Rep Cashers (or Commie Indies for that matter) did and so the next set, a lot ofo players gravitate there.

I'd be interested to see a reset where everyone had to play a Monarchy. I'm not saying it would be good for the gamer mind you, but it would be interesting to see everyone forced to play on a level field.

NOW3P Game profile

Jul 3rd 2010, 21:59:31

But Reps have won for the last 3 or 4 sets, haven't they? I dunno, I usually don't make it long enough w/o getting suicided to care about the top 10 anymore :-)

afaik Game profile

Jul 4th 2010, 9:33:05

i was surprised at the very low ending nw... the top two were both ab'd plenty as well - wtf happened to everyone else?

if I hadn't been suicided I was on track for 21M nw so feel sure others should have been there as well.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 4th 2010, 9:37:45

i thought lots of people must have been ab'd and killed

afaik Game profile

Jul 4th 2010, 9:51:05

I was ab'd for nearly 5k acres though, you also enshula, so even if everyone else was ab'd as well, they'd still be up there with us at 17M rather than 21M...

I'd given up and logged off so didn't see the final hours, but didn't expect to even make the top ten. close finish anyway.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 4th 2010, 10:10:15

i wasnt AB'd that much, and got a bit of land back

also surprised i got 2nd, thought more people would jump