Verified:

Teaspoon Game profile

Feb 3rd 2019, 6:07:43

Generally I've stayed pretty thin 5000-9000 acres experimenting with a few things. Generally I haven't attracted much attention sometimes I run some reasonable defence.. but, it's still nearly irrelevant I could sit there with 8 mil turrets and eat up expenses.. or 2 million and have a defence that is ok but still irrelevant to anyone who wants to PS.

So do I just run zero defence on 6k acres and GDI? Would you bother to hit a 6k acre demo techer who has the ability to easily jump into 10mil+ jets if needed... or are people just not really clued up enough to think it through. I mean it wouldn't even matter of someone grabbed 10 times.. the favor could be returned no one is safe. Express is weird like that.

What are your thoughts. You spy op 6k acres. Zero defence what are you going to do?

DirtySquirrel83 Game profile

Feb 3rd 2019, 6:11:36

The people who would grab you are dumb and will grab you regardless of defense.

bug03 Game profile

Feb 3rd 2019, 7:34:59

Originally posted by DirtySquirrel83:
The people who would grab you are dumb and will grab you regardless of defense.

This. In fact, if I were you and playing thin on land I would be baiting an attack so I have a chance to retal

bug03 Game profile

Feb 3rd 2019, 7:35:19

I actually assumed that’s what you were doing when I messaged you early in the set

Marhsal

Feb 3rd 2019, 7:49:16

zero defense is a bad idea if you do that people can landgrab you with less jets
Marshal Bot v 3.2

import random

try:
WorldKnowledge.append()

except TruthNotKnownError:
return random.lie()

amenex Game profile

Feb 3rd 2019, 8:59:09

if i use standard attack with only tanks on a country without tanks, can i still break through the defence..?
4000 tanks vs 8000 troops + 4000 turrets...

I'm curious...

trumpoz Game profile

Feb 3rd 2019, 9:32:31

Originally posted by amenex:
if i use standard attack with only tanks on a country without tanks, can i still break through the defence..?
4000 tanks vs 8000 troops + 4000 turrets...

I'm curious...

Attack success is on total offense seny vs total defense. The unit makeup of that offense/defense does not matter.

amenex Game profile

Feb 3rd 2019, 9:38:01

tq for the info

trumpoz Game profile

Feb 3rd 2019, 10:27:42

Dont get an idea of all tsnks...... upkeep is a killer

Marhsal

Feb 3rd 2019, 10:39:18

Originally posted by trumpoz:
Dont get an idea of all tsnks...... upkeep is a killer

depends
Marshal Bot v 3.2

import random

try:
WorldKnowledge.append()

except TruthNotKnownError:
return random.lie()

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2019, 11:11:09

Originally posted by Teaspoon:
... or are people just not really clued up enough to think it through.

This

sfbob Game profile

Feb 3rd 2019, 12:11:08

I've been trying this out this set just messing around having no more than 400k turrets at any time

Been grabbed by #23 #97 #14 #10 #74 #28 #101 #32 despite being easily able to retal all of them.

So that answers your question, if you go turret light be prepared to retal a lot, and then sooner or later you'll run into someone who can't handle a retal and that will be your set over in terms of trying to achieve a decent finish.

CX LaE Game profile

Feb 3rd 2019, 13:14:48

I don't think it's a "clued up" thing. If I saw a 6kA zero-def country, like any other grab, it becomes an odds game.

I look at their build, tech, their cash-on-hand. I consider if they've been grabbed before, how much, and IF they've retalled to that point.

Then I consider where I'm at and the defense I'm likely to carry in the near future.

It's not necessarily that humans grabbing humans are clueless. Some actually weigh the pros and cons of the grab.
LaE | Monks | NA
Since 1999

ebert00 Game profile

Feb 3rd 2019, 13:21:42

people are stupid. I have had a 4k commy indy fully teched with 360(300) and been grabbed. no same person does that.

CX LaE Game profile

Feb 3rd 2019, 14:14:39

ebert, you're right. Some people are actually stupid. ... like the moron rainbow POS that grabbed me this round and thought it could outrun me once I started to spy him.
LaE | Monks | NA
Since 1999

DirtySquirrel83 Game profile

Feb 3rd 2019, 17:09:19

You are an exception CX. Most of the ppl grabbing other ppl are rainbowretards. They do not think it through. There is no cost/benefit, only 'rheeeeeeee'

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2019, 5:27:10

A guy with no defenses, eh? You can get quite a bit of land off of someone like that with 2 jet PS's. A long time ago, I was involved in a war with a whole alliance called the OOA, back then, you had to take every acre from a country to kill it, there were no population kills then, I was way into diminishing returns where they were only getting 10 acres a shot, and I found this hugely fat LaF country with zero defenses. It was Don Blubb, I sent a 2 jet PS and took more than 4000 acres and prevented OOA from getting the kill. LOL Sorry Don Blubb. He PS'ed me back, an got like 20 cres or something. He was pissed.

Edited By: Cerberus on Feb 10th 2019, 5:31:25
See Original Post
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2019, 5:29:35

Originally posted by sfbob:
I've been trying this out this set just messing around having no more than 400k turrets at any time

Been grabbed by #23 #97 #14 #10 #74 #28 #101 #32 despite being easily able to retal all of them.

So that answers your question, if you go turret light be prepared to retal a lot, and then sooner or later you'll run into someone who can't handle a retal and that will be your set over in terms of trying to achieve a decent finish.

Or, you run into someone who can defend against your retal and you must then suck it up, or go all out suicide. :)
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

sfbob Game profile

Feb 10th 2019, 10:32:01

Originally posted by Cerberus:
Originally posted by sfbob:

Or, you run into someone who can defend against your retal and you must then suck it up, or go all out suicide. :)

I grab that I can't retal I just let go. But someone who retals a retal and then retals when I retal their retal i feel duty bound to suicide on

trumpoz Game profile

Feb 10th 2019, 22:47:30

I like getting to 10k as a tyr techer asap, getting to 130 weaps and 125 milstrat then stock.

Fatties cry when I grab them for 3k+land and then drop unused land. Record is 4.2k.

Havent done that in a few resets.

st0ny Game profile

Feb 10th 2019, 22:49:58

curious... does doing that help you win the game in any way?
Originally posted by LATC:
"Don't complain. Assess & adjust."

bug03 Game profile

Feb 10th 2019, 22:50:56

I like getting to 10k as a tyr techer asap, getting to 130 weaps and 125 milstrat then stock.

Fatties cry when I grab them for 3k+land and then drop unused land. Record is 4.2k.

Havent done that in a few resets.

That sounds fun. I think I’ll do that next set

trumpoz Game profile

Feb 11th 2019, 2:07:36

Originally posted by st0ny:

No. Winning is not the point. fluffing people off is the point.

st0ny Game profile

Feb 11th 2019, 7:06:17

No. Winning is not the point. fluffing people off is the point.

and how does fluffing with people who hasn't done anything to you help you in any way? :)

trumpoz Game profile

Feb 11th 2019, 7:26:52

It is called random fun - I enjoy being an online douchebag from time to time so I can let off steam from my day job as a teacher.

Itll bite me in yhe ass one day - but such is life. It is a game - far more important things to get worked up over.

st0ny Game profile

Feb 11th 2019, 8:09:21

haha.

is it really the best way to let off steam though? i don't see it bringing you any sort of benefits. the way i see it, that will only invite more problems in the future. you piss 'A' off then 'A' do it to 'B' in the following set. 'B' then go do it to 'C' and the cycle follows. by the end of it, the whole server becomes a place to just piss people off.

wouldn't working out be a much better way of letting off steam? just a suggestion but why not try muay thai?

i did it for 6-7 years, 6 days a week and at least 4 hours a day. felt like dying each and every time i go in (i drop about 2kg of water weight every single time) but never felt better after each session.

REALLY helped me let off steam and be alot healthier. i was and still am such an 'angry' person. always been but being able to let all that pent up stress by working hard and sweating it all out helped me manage the anger. :)

of course, there were still idiots even in such a place. idiots there would be the ones that don't know that CONTROLLING your strength is ALOT harder than just hitting hard during SPARING... in a NON-professional session.

people like that would be the ones that usually piss people off, get into fights and get their asses kicked because they think that hitting harder during sparing = being better than everyone else which is really stupid. sparring is about practicing techniques, breathing control, fight experience and alot more but one thing its just not about is trying to injure your sparing PARTNER.

its just like this game i feel. this game is about finding the balance in spending turns, cash, grabbing, reselling, chosing the right strat and quite abit more but i just dont feel that this game was created with a mindset to piss people off. :)

wouldn't you agree?

trumpoz Game profile

Feb 11th 2019, 9:48:06

Offering life advice over the internet so that you can play a game in the manner you want..... if it wasnt do laughable it would smack of arrogance.

The devs haven't curbed anything so you might think that they support different approaches to the game. Your play style is not the only one - if you dont like it there are other servers.

st0ny Game profile

Feb 11th 2019, 11:06:01

i don't understand how you could see that as being arrogant. i really don't. someone please explain to this ignorant me how that was arrogant in anyway.

i was offering up a suggestion which i don't believe i can force on you in any way or form especially since we are over the internet. i just don't get how some people see things. was the logic behind it wrong in anyway?

if you don't agree, tell me why my suggestion is wrong and offer a counter argument. wouldn't that be the mature thing to do?

and you're a teacher... i seriously worry for the kids...

Edited By: st0ny on Feb 11th 2019, 11:39:32

commander1972 Game profile

Feb 13th 2019, 14:21:45

:D

Assassin Game profile

Feb 14th 2019, 5:41:52

"by the end of it, the whole server becomes a place to just piss people off."

I've been asking for a server like that for 20 years.

st0ny Game profile

Feb 14th 2019, 7:07:20

isn't it already happening? just look at the news.

you've already got players i call morons suiciding on other players for no other reason but for their own selfish 'fun'. im still wondering how its fun.

fun to me is something that challenges me but it pretty obvious its not the same for others. do explain it to me so i can try to understand. i'd honestly love to.

there are also players who will tell netters like myself not to impose my play style on them. this cannot be done logically because my play style does not directly involve other countries besides the use of the public market. anyone can see this if they just go check my news over the last 7 sets that i've been playing.

all i can do i try to persuade these players to see things the way i see it. very much unlike the same players that tell me not to impose my play style on them. the way i see it, they are the ones who are imposing their play style on others by purposely attacking other player's country. not to gain an advantage in the game but purely for their own selfish 'fun'.

i honestly don't think anyone would be apposed to another human being having fun just as long as the way they have fun is not detrimental to others. right?

Trouble

Feb 19th 2019, 17:45:54

Your "market simulator" playstyle depends on a fairly broken game already.

The formulas that your optimal growth depend on for netting demand lots of dumb cattle to farm (bots that provide no-downside acreage) and folks afraid of (turret demand) jerks doing dumb things (jets demand).

Personally, I would like the game even more if we all had to weigh risk/reward for every grab. That would open more interesting and valid playstyles.

Additionally, it would be interesting to see servers that do not grade on net worth, but instead other criteria (Perhaps first to grab from Ruritania, or grab the most acreage from Ruritania, or just total number of acres held at round end.)

bizzy Game profile

Feb 20th 2019, 0:10:37

It was nice when you needed to think about things like, how many tanks an opponent had, would this person retal with a nuke or AB, do they just have chemical missiles (maybe that is an acceptable risk), should LG them and destroy their missiles to be safe, is it even worth it or should I LG someone else etc (e2025 tourny style comes to mind).

Express GDI turns game very binary imo. PS to 25% would be a good change too.

Hessman123

Feb 20th 2019, 0:34:17

I agree with Bizzy.. the one thing about Express is that GDI is terrible and it takes away so much of the game.. I just started playing again recently but I was a diehard e2025 player back in the day.. And in the old days you had to think a little more about attacking .. because you might get smoked by someone with tanks, or missiles.. whereas now.. basically you can 1:1 retal an attack and thats it.. so someone can go all jets and top feed you.. and you can only retal once or you're opening yourself up and making your country defenseless if they then decide to stock turns and smoke you.. you can't properly retal or you become a sitting duck.. and even if you spy and see them stocking and prepping for war you are defenseless basically and so much of the game is removed because of lame gdi rules.. in the old days you could declare war and bypass gdi if you wanted too.. and it was a much better game back in the old days ,... it's still fun enough to mess around a bit while its -30 outside but once golf season starts again i'll be outta here unless gdi changes in express

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 20th 2019, 1:38:56

I still don't understand people's problem with GDI. How on earth does being in GDI make you any more defenseless than not being in GDI?

All GDI does is give you the choice to ignore troublemakers.
Just shut up and have another beer

st0ny Game profile

Feb 20th 2019, 2:10:46

honestly, i kinda agree with all 3 of you on it being all about farming bots as efficiently as possible now but i don't feel that GDI is the problem. its the turns. being able to store 360/360 is the problem.

the turns changed everything. gave suciders the extra 'oomph' needed to do irreversible damage and normal players with no way of defending.

GDI actually helps the game by stopping suicides unless you double tap. without this, and if you can just declare war, then you are basically dead man walking. any suicider can just declare war on you and poof, there goes your set. these morons will usually suicide just about anyone who is better than themselves because they are probably jealous (i'm guessing) that they can't finish well and too stupid to learn or try to improve.

or, a suicider can be 'helping a friend' by suiciding another top player so that his 'friend' can finish tops. that's what i felt happened like crazy back then before this new GDI and bots came to play.

also, yes. my current play style is specifically design for bots as i try to "Don't complain. Assess & adjust." (Originally posted by LATC) but i still can't think of a way to adjust to the +50% PS strength even without allies which i feel is really broken. :D

the only way so far to counter these morons who abuse the +50% PS strength just to go on a topfeeding frenzy and ruin another player's set is to TRY stay relatively thin till i can jump to 15m turrets. and that's still not enough sometimes. there is no way to really defend. the only defence is their stupidity but its also that stupidity that leads them to try and ruin another player's set for no real reason.

Hessman123

Feb 20th 2019, 2:28:20

Originally posted by beerdrinker75:
I still don't understand people's problem with GDI. How on earth does being in GDI make you any more defenseless than not being in GDI?

All GDI does is give you the choice to ignore troublemakers.

GDI gives you the ability to basically not need to purchase troops or tanks.. even go light on spies and go 90-100% jets if you want too.. it takes out so many aspects of the game... you can join gdi and top feed one of the best/fattest players in the game.. and even though you only have 100k turrets and no tanks/troops.. that person can only hit you back once.. and if they hit you back twice or three times to try to get their land back they basically become a sitting duck.... because of gdi they can only hit you back once unless they want to open the door to their country for you while not being able to damage you at all.. in the old days if you hit me for 3k acres and were way smaller than me, all jets with little to no defenses I would farm you and then AB you, take our your missiles and jump my networth as much as I could.. it was a great deterrent to top feeders

St0ny
I think the 50% PS bonus is too much as well.. 10 mil turrets is useless against someone with 5 mil jets and better tech.. seems a little unfair.. maybe 25% bonus would be better?

also I agree with you on the 360/360.. it could be 275/275 or something? I dunno.. some combination of adjustments might help make the game play more as it is intended .. tanks and troops should be important .. gdi shouldn't give you so much power just because someone hits you twice with SS/PS..

EE Patron

Feb 20th 2019, 2:37:31

I 100% agree that PS is overpowered. I don't believe that gdi makes you a sitting duck. If someone hits you for big land then wants to ROR.. just kill them. Like st0ny said the 360 turns on hand is kinda rediculous too lol.

the Temple

Feb 20th 2019, 9:54:56

I love fresh meat.

vatzooland

Feb 20th 2019, 22:34:13

there is no defence from me.

Invictus Game profile

Feb 21st 2019, 0:07:18

honestly, i kinda agree with all 3 of you on it being all about farming bots as efficiently as possible now but i don't feel that GDI is the problem. its the turns. being able to store 360/360 is the problem.

the turns changed everything. gave suciders the extra 'oomph' needed to do irreversible damage and normal players with no way of defending.

GDI actually helps the game by stopping suicides unless you double tap. without this, and if you can just declare war, then you are basically dead man walking. any suicider can just declare war on you and poof, there goes your set. these morons will usually suicide just about anyone who is better than themselves because they are probably jealous (i'm guessing) that they can't finish well and too stupid to learn or try to improve.

or, a suicider can be 'helping a friend' by suiciding another top player so that his 'friend' can finish tops. that's what i felt happened like crazy back then before this new GDI and bots came to play.

also, yes. my current play style is specifically design for bots as i try to "Don't complain. Assess & adjust." (Originally posted by LATC) but i still can't think of a way to adjust to the +50% PS strength even without allies which i feel is really broken. :D

the only way so far to counter these morons who abuse the +50% PS strength just to go on a topfeeding frenzy and ruin another player's set is to TRY stay relatively thin till i can jump to 15m turrets. and that's still not enough sometimes. there is no way to really defend. the only defence is their stupidity but its also that stupidity that leads them to try and ruin another player's set for no real reason.

Hey stony you mean like this player...

st0ny

May 11th 2013, 16:51:55

yea... sucks right? which is why i'm going to play like a prick from now on whenever i play in express...

basically meaning that only i can hit ppl. i will only topfeed. given a chance, i will ab them to the ground. i dont play to win. i play to screw up ppl's effort.

so watch out ppl! :D

st0ny Game profile

Feb 21st 2019, 2:05:48

Originally posted by Invictus:
Hey stony you mean like this player...

st0ny

May 11th 2013, 16:51:55

yea... sucks right? which is why i'm going to play like a prick from now on whenever i play in express...

basically meaning that only i can hit ppl. i will only topfeed. given a chance, i will ab them to the ground. i dont play to win. i play to screw up ppl's effort.

so watch out ppl! :D

you probably work for CNN don't you?

i ain't american but CNN is rather infamous for putting out snippets of news just to control how viewers see things, not really bothering about the truth. right? :D

if you only take this post then yes, these types.

but if you're anything like most alternative media, you'd do little more digging to get the entire story, then you may things differently. :D

things you post on the internet do really come back and bite you don't they? :D

Edited By: st0ny on Feb 21st 2019, 2:09:35

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 21st 2019, 2:37:16

Yes LOL
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

trumpoz Game profile

Feb 22nd 2019, 10:54:26

Or after playing the game seriously for many years, they just enjoy being a douchebag...... amazingly liberating :-)

its the turns. being able to store 360/360 is the problem.

Yet Beerdrinker, Yeti, CX Lae all play brilliantly from behind. They have developed a playing style that takes advantage of that, and generally avoided suiciders.

Funnily enough that was still happening 12 months ago...... It was cryptically called out on these boards and just like that......it stopped.

In the end that is similar to what Mountain Yeti did - played late resold like all hell, then exploded in land on Saturday and jumped in to first place - there was plenty of other aspects to his strategy but that was a simplistic view of it. I'm fairly sure he holds the record for the highest nw since the bot DPA requirements were increased. You may have eclipsed that last reset.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 22nd 2019, 11:01:34

Yeti does not hold the record, Gerdler has a set with like 70-80mil.

Hell,. I even got a 60+ mil set as a Tyranny on this server.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Marshal Game profile

Feb 22nd 2019, 13:56:57

gerdler held record but he lost it to .......... (too lazy to search it).
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

EE Patron

Feb 22nd 2019, 13:59:33

Ebert I think

Marshal Game profile

Feb 22nd 2019, 14:25:07

quite probably.

dreddedc Game profile

Feb 22nd 2019, 22:13:37

Guys - Ebert's record was set well before bot DPAs were increased.

That increase made grabbing more expensive and less demand for tech, hence lowering prices. As awesome as the Ebert/Gerdler records are, they really cannot be compared to the current game environment due to the DPA changes having a big impact. In the current environment those ending NWs are untouchable.

Marshal Game profile

Feb 23rd 2019, 11:17:37

don't say untouchable, you just give them reason to play and beat those.