Verified:

lincoln

Feb 20th 2011, 18:58:52

Since the accidental imposition of the clan-inspired no-drop-land rule on express, thoughtful theorists have been trying to find a way to balance the server back to the days when it could fairly be said that express wa not just for netters and was not as enshula calls it "THE allx server".

slagpit cut the rule way back from 72 hours to 24 hours but did not then deem it fit to follow dantzig's advice and scrap it entirely. The admins realized that the rule was a big mistake on express but decided to keep a remnant of it.
Given the nearly universal condemnation of the rule on the B&S server, we may be inching closer to that day when express is restored to its rightful original rule.

Until that day dawns, theorists have been searching for a rule which will balance the server, so all-xers will be placed on equal footing with those who seek to increase NW through martial means.

Once again this idea comes not from me but from that group of theorists who agree with me but only tell me privately. They will not post publicly because they do not want to face the mocking insults from other players and moderators who routinely condemn any new suggestion but once it is adopted become its most ardent supporters. Any attempt to tweak the newly adopted rule is met with fierce vitriolic resistance by those who seem to forget that the rule was changed just last month.

The suggestion is, use it or lose it, just like in real life.

Any jets not used from acquisition to set end lose 12% of their numbers.

If we adopt this rule we can also adopt a new slogan

"Express, its not just for netters anymore."

FoG

NOW3P Game profile

Feb 20th 2011, 21:18:28

you are not a theorist - you are a troll.

This is not a war game, and the majority of the player base do not wish it to be. Please puree that thought and mix it in with the rest of your dinner.

Pain Game profile

Feb 20th 2011, 21:54:28

Gregg why do you insist the gae mechanics be changed to accomodate your style of gameplay?

rather then crusade to bring back land drop so you can pillage people for resources without your weapons and spal to suffer, why dont you crusade for a new attack option that we spoke about in another thread, and to have ops such as bomb banks/raid food/espionage to be more effective.

youre trying solve one problem by creating another.
Your mother is a nice woman

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Feb 20th 2011, 22:06:38

You really try to net on this server? Wow oh wow.

Go spin, spin, spin

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

MorTcuS Game profile

Feb 20th 2011, 22:26:04

Originally posted by NOW3P:
you are not a theorist - you are a troll.

pretty much that.
174099715 (not in use)

Steam : wargasm1

lincoln

Feb 21st 2011, 0:34:01

is the current player base all we ever wish to have?
is that small band of players who like simcity with jets instead of cows really all this game can ever be?
the game has been netters-only for over a decade and where has it gotten us?

the vast majority of players do not even like the game as a solo game, they play in clans and just hack around on the solo servers.
if clan games were banned and all we could play were the solo servers with the current rule sets, would the game survive?
there is a way to make the solo servers more than just a practice ground

pain,
the crusade does seek to change the game to the way i want to play it. you are right, there.
i hope it is more than just selfish wanting a fun game though.
the admins know that detmer, W, i and several others are in favor of raids but they think it might hurt netting.
this is a netters only game. the strats are casher, techer, farmer, indus there is no such thing as a martial strat.

that can easily be changed, so easily.

i don't know why you are still calling me gregg. After HWCNG's post that he knowingly and intentionally lied to protect LaE no one believes HWCNG about anything, he is hellrush on steroids. They have all three admitted they lied about countless other things, but still you call me gregg.

mortcus, you are better than to throw out pointless insults.

FoG

Helmet Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 0:44:02

There is no intelligent reason to drop land that I can think of unless you have no cash, no buildings and you're being killed by missiles and hope to increase your sdi by dropping land. Who cares that you can't drop land?

OH wait, I thought of one more thing. You're killing restarts over and over again.

I still have yet to see one good reason to change the rule.

mrford Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 0:48:31

You are Gregg though.

Either that or you live with him. IPs don't lie.

Nor does your/his apparent hate of punctuation, love of worthless acronyms, and schoolyard level insults.

No one if fooled, except maybe yourself.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

pslayer Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 0:54:02

Dropping land is really only valuable to a suicider. Running a Dict with max medical, weapons and SDI is tough to kill if the person running it does it right.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Feb 21st 2011, 3:30:43

Now like always ask, please explain how this idea helps the server??

I don't understand the goal of the idea please explain it?

Is it to reduce the networth of a netter at the end of the reset if he/she didn't attack??

Ideas are good only if you explain what the aim is for that change

Edited By: Warster on Feb 21st 2011, 6:11:36
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 6:08:53

I thought this server was just a easy way to get my missile count up!
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

lincoln

Feb 21st 2011, 19:46:46

the goal of the change is to attract players who currently will not play express

FoG

Helmet Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 19:59:39

I'm not sure how unlocking a poor strategy option will attract more players. In reality I think it would actually do the opposite because you'd have people just killing countries out of protection left and right.

mrford Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 20:08:47

it would attract the 10 or so perpetual suiciders to this server, while driving about 80 players away
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Feb 21st 2011, 20:26:18

like always lincoln, you didnt answer all the questions

how does this help the server??

what is the ingame goal ??
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 20:33:16

why do we want to encourage brain dead war mongers to play on express simply because they don't want to play on it?
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Pain Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 22:28:51

ok i will humor you by refering to you as lincoln.

do you honestly believe we are not getting new players because it is not easier for people to play as a means to hurt other players as thier sole intention?

do you honestly believe netters have an advantage over people who choose to war on this server? if you do you obviously are not familiar with the severe benefits an offender has over a defender, even with GDI.

basically what you are asking for is to make changes that even further benefit people whose sole intention is not to net, but to prevent others from doing such. if you are attacking people to acquire resources, then you should be required to afford to keep and use ALL the resources you gain. a person who wants to have land is forced to defend it or loose it, so why should you be able to take it and not have to defend it, meaning you have to acquire more spies and more tech, like everyone else.

until the game mechanics are changed in a way that allows you to capture resources without land then you will have to do like everyone else, build more IC's and buy more tech.

basically the point im trying to make here is, war mongers can dictate how netters play they game, but netter cannot dictate how war mongers play the game. they cannot force people who want to war to net, but warrers can force netters to war, so why do we want to strengthen a warrer ability to impose thier will?

Edited By: Pain on Feb 21st 2011, 22:31:24
See Original Post

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Feb 22nd 2011, 21:32:24

I would like to point out to the people lincoln claims don't post ideas because of insults

Lincoln gets insults because whenever you ask a question about his idea or point out a flaw in the idea, he abuses people.

Also just like in this thread, he was asked questions about his idea and didn't even give answers, so how can anyone expect moderators or admins to take his idea seriously if he can't even discuss it, look at this idea - long post but only 1 line about the idea.

So again lincoln- how does this idea help the server? and what exactly is the goal ingame?
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

lincoln

Feb 22nd 2011, 22:41:06

i do not accept your premise that the sole intent of any Lg player is to ruin the set of other players
there are players who do that but i am not heir advocate
dantzig once won a set by single tapping 39 separate countries
his intent was to maiximize NW through aggression not ruin others sets

i honestly and sincerely believe that we lose a lot of players who come looking for a war game because we cater to economic scenario players so heavily

yes i do honestly believe that

[quote poster=Pain; 7683; 131269]

basically what you are asking for is to make changes that even further benefit people whose sole intention is not to net, but to prevent others from doing such. if you are attacking people to acquire resources, then you should be required to afford to keep and use ALL the resources you gain. a person who wants to have land is forced to defend it or loose it, so why should you be able to take it and not have to defend it, meaning you have to acquire more spies and more tech, like everyone else.

/quote]
with the no drop land rule, i am merely asking for the restoration of the decades old rule. it is netters who have imposed their will through new rules on LGers
i do not accept your premise that it is impossible to LG as a netting strategy
dantzig has done it once and no one would call him someone whose sole intent is to ruin other people's games

all i am seeking is a rule-set that makes that possible more often than one every 60 sets.
all-xers are allowed to drop land at will, LGers are singled out for not being allowed to drop land (would that the 14th amendmet apllied here)
there is no intent to defend newly acquired land by a high tech LGer, none
so i am not sure what you mean by that statement
the no-drop-land rule was inserted for the express purpose of preventing LGers from gaining strength through aggression
the LGer's intent is to maximize NW by maximizing military units, you are aware that land size is a de minimis factor in calculating final NW
i am not seeking any defensive advantage for Lg countries, i would oppose any suggestion that they should receive defensive advantages
all-xers get defensive advantages which i do not like but i am not seeking the reverse
cashers are allowed to use the cash option as often as they choose, techers are allowed to use the tech button option as often as they choose, why is an LG strat player not allowed to maximize his strat?

i agree with your next statement, which is why i advocate for balancing the server

"war mongers can dictate how netters play..."
you are speaking on a micro level whereas the server balancing suggestions are macro
my point is that netters on a macro level have imposed a series of rules on the game that make netting through martial means inefficient
farmer-happy admins could impose a series of rules which make teching or cashing inefficient but that would be just as destructive
in fact it is so inefficient that some people can not even grasp the concept
all i am saying is return the natural efficiencies to LG as a netting strat
those artificial inefficiencies drive away players who might otherwise enjoy the game

my final thought for pain
until the day comes that there are servers where individual hosts can select the rule sets, i doubt if many will be able to understand the changes i propose
if that day ever arrives, i predict that the martial servers will be very popular and the allx servers will not.

warster, go back and look at every post i have ever made, every one.
i have never insulted anyone who did not insult me first.
if you ever find an instance where i did, post it and i will apologize to the offended party.

the admins have adopted 21 of my suggestions, so i think i know how to present cogent arguments to slagpit and qz. i have treated both with respect except when retalling some real or imagined slight or when slagpit GS kills my country.

Edited By: lincoln on Feb 22nd 2011, 23:00:17
See Original Post
FoG

mrford Game profile

Feb 22nd 2011, 23:02:28

"with the no drop land rule, i am merely asking for the restoration of the decades old rule. it is netters who have imposed their will through new rules on LGers
i do not accept your premise that it is impossible to LG as a netting strategy
dantzig has done it once and no one would call him someone whose sole intent is to ruin other people's games"

He didn't drop the land. He didn't want to i assure you. this is a poor example for you to be using. Extremely poor.

"the admins have adopted 21 of my suggestions, so i think i know how to present cogent arguments to slagpit and qz. i have treated both with respect except when retalling some real or imagined slight or when slagpit is GS kills my country."

HOLY fluff you are delusional. Please list all 21.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Feb 22nd 2011, 23:05:31

Yet again you made a long post and didn't answer the question asked
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

lincoln

Feb 22nd 2011, 23:16:41

i answered each of pain's questions

the goal ingame is restore the strat of using LGs as the primary means of achieving high NW

it helps the server attract and retain players who like military simulation games as opposed to those who like economic simulation games

military simulation games are much more popular and much larger among our target demographic than economic simulation games

the benefit to the server is more players playing a wider diversity of strats
FoG

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Feb 22nd 2011, 23:23:49

How does removing 12% of someone's jets at the end of the reset do any of what you stated
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

NOW3P Game profile

Feb 22nd 2011, 23:36:52

I'm still waiting for an explanation of how shrinking the scope of game play will broaden its reach and draw in a wider base of new players...

Pain Game profile

Feb 22nd 2011, 23:38:39

lincoln you using dantzig as an example is as ford said, extremely poor.

he used lging as a means to netgaining, yes. he did not lg people so as to steal thier resources, he lged them to put thier land to use for producing more income, more tech, and more food.

if he had dropped the land he had grabbed, he wouldnt made a top 50 finish, let alone top 10. i know how dantzig plays, i was allied to him for several sets.

lincoln

Feb 23rd 2011, 0:22:35

as you know i was
i think you know i was allied to him that set

that set he is a great example of a player who used LG rather than farming or cashing as his means of maximizing NW

do not get so hung up on the drop land issue that you miss the main idea which is that aggression is perfectly respectable means of growing one's NW

FoG

mrford Game profile

Feb 23rd 2011, 0:32:28

"do not get so hung up on the drop land issue"

this thread can be closed now, we have reached critical mass of irony
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Feb 23rd 2011, 0:46:23

Lincoln your idea. Has nothing to do with aggression
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Feb 23rd 2011, 1:03:10

Funny that he still hasn't explained how this helps the server or how it will bring in more players.
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

lincoln

Feb 23rd 2011, 1:58:21

i realize that most of the posters understand the idea and are just pretending they do not
FoG

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Feb 23rd 2011, 2:12:03

so you just want to hurt players that don't grab, that's the only thing it does, it won't make a single person play, it won't make a single person grab,

You complain that the rules stop people grabbing, none of the rules stop people grabbing, you can grab people as much as you want, GDI only stops attacks that only destroy stuff,

You claim you need to drop land to get max NW, that's a load of crap, land needs to be built and used to produce more income if you are going to produce max NW

Edited By: Warster on Feb 23rd 2011, 2:19:33
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

lincoln

Feb 23rd 2011, 4:26:42

i think you truly do not understand the concept, warster

i do not accuse you of deliberately acting dense
FoG

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 23rd 2011, 4:34:54

In my defense I only GS killed lincoln one time.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Feb 23rd 2011, 4:53:43

Oh look instead of proving me wrong you go with an insult. You haven't stated how that idea is meant to work,
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

NOW3P Game profile

Feb 24th 2011, 4:55:20

still waiting....

lincoln

Feb 24th 2011, 6:29:50

perhaps if you read qz's post you could accept the idea since it would no longer be solely mine
FoG

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Feb 24th 2011, 6:46:07

which one he has made a few
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Ivan Game profile

Feb 24th 2011, 14:36:12

LOL

"all-xers get defensive advantages which i do not like but i am not seeking the reverse
cashers are allowed to use the cash option as often as they choose, techers are allowed to use the tech button option as often as they choose, why is an LG strat player not allowed to maximize his strat?"

And sure LG strat players can maximize their strat like cashers and techers theres the push the explore button as often as you choose

Dude really, if you actually knew how to play the game you would probably have valid ideas and who knows the game admins would perhaps listen to you then

so to summarize it all for you

THERE IS NO LG STRAT
THERE IS NO STEALIN TECH STRAT
etc

And sure you can call it what you want but if you could actually win by using either of those 2 it wouldnt matter because everyone else would still be better at it then you.

Deerhunter Game profile

Feb 24th 2011, 18:03:40

Now3P calls anyone who he does not like a troll. If he disagrees with you then you must be a troll. Lincoln, at least you made a good argument for what you wanted. I disagree with you but it was well said. It is a shame people like Now3p are allowed to call everyone trolls who they disagree with. I guess that is easier for them than arguing against the point.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

Feb 24th 2011, 18:24:49

deerhunter you are a troll
but what do i know?

MorTcuS Game profile

Feb 24th 2011, 18:36:19

SakitSaPuwit ur a troll.
174099715 (not in use)

Steam : wargasm1

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Feb 24th 2011, 20:04:19

DH where did he make a good argument about his idea???
he still hasnt explained how his idea would work or how it will met his goals
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Feb 24th 2011, 21:44:12

still don't understand why If they can attak me while there in gdi, I cant retal?
but what do i know?

lincoln

Feb 25th 2011, 1:38:18

pain,
what you do not seem to remember is that detmer, w, gregg, and i already won this argument once

the admins announced that they were going to change a gov type into a fast closing LG dynamo that could finish with a high NW

the original idea behind the change was that this gov type could maximize an LG strat that would be at home in the unique environment of the last few hours of express when low-defense countries have finally emerged from set long DR and an LG country could bring 540 out of 1800 turns to a shooting gallery

unfortunately somewhere between the announcement and the actual execution of the change, the dynamo was short circuited

those who play ffa are on their second or third set with the new gov and a debate is slowly starting to take shape on the B and S forum
those who play express have quite a few sets of experience with the newly empowered LGer gov type
the last few sets the LG gov type has been able to hang in the top ten until sunday morning even with the short circuit
if the gov type were changed to the originally announced parameters, LGers could charge from the low fifties into the top ten on sunday morning

if the short circuit was due to coding problems then the solution is allowing the gov type to drop land
if the short circuit was accidental then the solution is simply to outfit the gov type with the previously announced powers

i know some of you will not understand this post at all
no problem

the target audience will

Edited By: lincoln on Feb 25th 2011, 1:40:57
See Original Post
FoG

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Feb 25th 2011, 1:52:29

I would like to see the quotes for this so called announcement
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

joedro Game profile

Feb 25th 2011, 8:14:42

this post is still going?
Team: recruit me

Alliance: recruit me
contact- - pm right here will work just fine tho

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 25th 2011, 17:04:15

good one Now3P old buddy! I don't even read any of Lincoln's rambles anymore or get sucked in. He can puree his thoughts along with the rest of his crack addled brain cells

This is your brain on drugs. :)

Deerhunter Game profile

Feb 25th 2011, 22:58:24

Warster, just because you do not like his argument does not mean it is a bad one. If he feels strongly enough to type it its good enough. There is nothing special about you that makes YOU decide what is a good argument or not. Maybe you would learn more if you just sat back and listened to everyone's comments and then involved yourself.

When people come up with ideas to improve the game (good or bad) you moderators look like asses when you jump on them right off the bat. Personally, i do not agree with Lincon. But hey, at least he is trying right?
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Feb 25th 2011, 23:31:33

DH as no here is talking about the idea from this thread

He still hasn't explained why removing 12% of someones jets at the end of the set if they don't use them helps the server , the game or as he calls it " the LG strat

Until he does this whole thread is pointless

I haven't agreed or disagreed with his idea here, I've spent the whole thread trying to get him to actually explain his idea
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Feb 25th 2011, 23:35:29

Also DH where did I jump on him??? I asked him a bloody question and he is yet to answer it
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332