Jan 14th 2019, 0:12:01

Congrats GG Eventful set.

sfbob Game profile

Jan 14th 2019, 0:16:26

Well played - congrats.

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 14th 2019, 0:16:46

Also I move to stop posting t25 and only post t10. 'Cos those bozos 11+ must be flying blind ;p

sfbob Game profile

Jan 14th 2019, 0:21:45

It was a weird set and low NWs only 2 players breaking 30m NW which I usually do every express with my eyes closed - not this time though.

Chutya123 Game profile

Jan 14th 2019, 1:15:34

Originally posted by UgolinoII:
Also I move to stop posting t25 and only post t10. 'Cos those bozos 11+ must be flying blind ;p

That works out perfect for you. :-D

Chutya123 Game profile

Jan 14th 2019, 1:17:20

Originally posted by sfbob:

It was a weird set and low NWs only 2 players breaking 30m NW which I usually do every express with my eyes closed - not this time though.

NWs were low at the top bc there was a jetter going around top feeding on every1. See my other thread.

At least we kept Mr.Smith out of the top 20. Good job humans. Shame on bots.

Helmut Game profile

Jan 14th 2019, 1:25:46

Congrats Chutya, You deserved the win. You've more diplomacy than everybody I hit, combined.
This set was more fun than poking Bees nest, with sticks.

I ran WTF, hoping some one would accept my challenge of a one on one, but no one stood up & accepted the offer. So I figured, I'd just take ya'll on..

So next week if anyone wants step up & fight a challenge & back up all those Love letters they sent me, & test my poor playing skilz... well lets dance. ;)

trumpoz Game profile

Jan 14th 2019, 1:42:01

*gets popcorn*

Come ebert, Gerdler, Beerdrinker et al call out Helmut for being a douchebag loser like you do when I play TTTF

Chutya123 Game profile

Jan 14th 2019, 1:52:40

Originally posted by Helmut:
Congrats Chutya, You deserved the win. You've more diplomacy than everybody I hit, combined.

I ran WTF, hoping some one would accept my challenge of a one on one, but no one stood up & accepted the offer. So I figured, I'd just take ya'll on..

So next week if anyone wants step up & fight a challenge & back up all those Love letters they sent me, & test my poor playing skilz... well lets dance. ;)

Oh so, the mystery is revealed !!!

Chutya123 Game profile

Jan 14th 2019, 2:12:20

Thanks a lot for your words. I always try to be very diplomatic with people, resolve disputes and grow the game. Says a lot when you say I was more helpful than rest of the people combined. Part of it comes from how I was mistreated when I was a n00b. Thinking of that, I need to pull up an old post for referencing cxlae and others on how to treat n00bs and implement better "etiquette" to improve the game. More on that tomorrow.

I am always up for a challange and would love a 1:1 fight. However it will have to wait for a few more sets. I am not satisfied with netting records yet. When I have mastered my netgaining to a point it gets boring, I will cross over to the other side.

As for your actions in this set, it will require a long reply. But probably tomorrow when I have more time.

Assassin Game profile

Jan 14th 2019, 2:24:33

lol, I got my first message ever from cx this past set. he called me a clown for selling turrets too cheap. but after that we had a nice chat.

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 14th 2019, 2:27:49

Congrats Chutya123 and all the top 10!
Just shut up and have another beer

CX LaE Game profile

Jan 14th 2019, 2:29:41

haha yeah Im an ass sometimes. It happens.

Chutya -- please do. I assume that was your first set back when you thought it was okay to 5-tap me in like 3 hours, tried to defend it as legitimate, and then gave me crap for ABing you?
LaE | Monks | NA
Since 1999

Chutya123 Game profile

Jan 14th 2019, 2:30:55

Originally posted by beerdrinker75:
Congrats Chutya123 and all the top 10!

Welcome back bd. Read yr older post saying yr talking a break. Hope you are back and play. I like the compitition.

st0ny Game profile

Jan 14th 2019, 3:24:14

didn't jetsons, the country that gave you your DR step up? he did 'FS' you. doesn't quite seem like you took everyone on here. was more like you throwing sucker punches at people who were clearly trying to nett no?

so anyway, how difficult was it to get those jets without having to balance your country (this is the hardest and most interesting part of the game FOR ME) so it finishes well at the end of the set? :D

also, thanks for skipping my country. the indirect dmg was still felt though... was clicking the cash button on ALOT more units than usual because of the #PSisoverpoweredwithoutallies. :D

Edited By: st0ny on Jan 14th 2019, 3:27:33
Originally posted by LATC:
"Don't complain. Assess & adjust."

Helmut Game profile

Jan 14th 2019, 4:35:13

jetsons was a true suicider , he killed himself immediately afterwards & then came back as bam to taunt me with a couple messages like this one...
Message from bam (#137) sent on Jan 13, 5:52

Report this message
All those missiles and ops up ur ass. Still LMAO!!!
Loser.

Yea I was throwing sucker punches, but how else to start a fight.. Some how I don't think the DR did me much good any way...Is DR from missiles different than DR from attacks?
Those who retailed got very good returns, while I had 20 Dr.. others just pissed & moaned & never retailed.

I was looking for money in the countries I attacked, to support myself.. I guess you had none.
As for balancing, I just dumped my turrets & bought jets, & dismantled my country to keep going. I had to keep grabbing, after I started, to keep, keeping on...

Jetson also did a pile of spy ops, that took a while to recover from.

Netter Farming 101

If I try it again, I'll get GDI...& not care about the DR
I worry about those peeps pushing the cash button 1100 times, & am trying to bring a little excitement to their game.. ;)

trumpoz Game profile

Jan 14th 2019, 5:14:50

Originally posted by st0ny:

didn't jetsons, the country that gave you your DR step up? he did 'FS' you. doesn't quite seem like you took everyone on here. was more like you throwing sucker punches at people who were clearly trying to nett no?

so anyway, how difficult was it to get those jets without having to balance your country (this is the hardest and most interesting part of the game FOR ME) so it finishes well at the end of the set? :D

also, thanks for skipping my country. the indirect dmg was still felt though... was clicking the cash button on ALOT more units than usual because of the #PSisoverpoweredwithoutallies. :D

Stony - it is not hard at all to get 12 mil jets. It is about timing when you want to strike...... the earlier you strike the less jets you have and the harder it is to have stsying power.

I went it too early with a Tyr techer and struggled to stay in touch with the top cointries. The following reset I did tje same with a dict techer - much easier to keep up and also hold good def. Reset before the one just passed I went a lot later and held 13mil jets till the end as I had a far bigger stock. Interestingly enough if I had of netted out instead of picking fights id have ended up around the 35mil mark with no more effort.

st0ny Game profile

Jan 14th 2019, 6:03:48

jetsons was a true suicider , he killed himself immediately afterwards & then came back as bam to taunt me with a couple messages like this one...
Message from bam (#137) sent on Jan 13, 5:52

Report this message
All those missiles and ops up ur ass. Still LMAO!!!
Loser.

Yea I was throwing sucker punches, but how else to start a fight.. Some how I don't think the DR did me much good any way...Is DR from missiles different than DR from attacks?
Those who retailed got very good returns, while I had 20 Dr.. others just pissed & moaned & never retailed.

I was looking for money in the countries I attacked, to support myself.. I guess you had none.
As for balancing, I just dumped my turrets & bought jets, & dismantled my country to keep going. I had to keep grabbing, after I started, to keep, keeping on...

Jetson also did a pile of spy ops, that took a while to recover from.

Netter Farming 101

If I try it again, I'll get GDI...& not care about the DR
I worry about those peeps pushing the cash button 1100 times, & am trying to bring a little excitement to their game.. ;)

jetsons got you because you weren't in GDI. pretty sure you didn't like it very much when jetsons did that right? especially when he didn't even give you a chance to fight which was what you wanted.
well, the guys you hit with your all jetter didn't like what you did as well. especially when they lose either way, cause even IF they do decide to fight you and 'win' (near impossible to kill a country alone unless opponent is sleeping or you have 360/360 turns and your opponent has none) they've lost the the effort they've put into nettgaining for the set. if they decide to fight you and lose... well.. they lose.. lol

don't start a fight perhaps? easy enough answer no? :)
not sure about the DR on missiles. can't remember. lol
of course i had no money on hand. i saw your failed spy op on me. thats why i mentioned earlier that i was indirectly affect. who cashes on 18m turrets, 2m tanks and 5m troops? lol

of course you were looking for money to keep your country afloat once you started. you had no economy. that ain't balance now is it? you said it yourself, "As for balancing, I just DUMPED my turrets & bought jets, & DISMANTLED my country to keep going."

don't know what ops he did so cant't comment.

there is no netter farming 101. its basically sucker punching 101.

why not NOT try it again?
don't worry about the treehuggers like myself cashing 1100 turns or the lack of excitement in our lives. i'm still trying to get a country nice enough so i can cash 800 turns with full tech and a good landsize. that's enough excitement for me thanks. :)

so to emphasize, i'm saying 'NO THANKS' to your offering of excitement. :D

and seriously, its really almost impossible to kill a country by yourself.

Edited By: st0ny on Jan 14th 2019, 6:05:59

st0ny Game profile

Jan 14th 2019, 6:11:31

Originally posted by trumpoz:

Stony - it is not hard at all to get 12 mil jets. It is about timing when you want to strike...... the earlier you strike the less jets you have and the harder it is to have stsying power.

I went it too early with a Tyr techer and struggled to stay in touch with the top cointries. The following reset I did tje same with a dict techer - much easier to keep up and also hold good def. Reset before the one just passed I went a lot later and held 13mil jets till the end as I had a far bigger stock. Interestingly enough if I had of netted out instead of picking fights id have ended up around the 35mil mark with no more effort.

err... i think everyone knows its actually rather simple and easy to get 12m or 17m jets (especially as a techer) and the best time to topfeed is when all the top countries are stocking. most players try to keep just enough units to lower expenses and some may even have cash and food stockpiled on hand. (weapons and mil strat tech bonus with a techer! :D)

"so anyway, how difficult was it to get those jets WITHOUT having to balance your country (this is the hardest and most interesting part of the game FOR ME) so it finishes well at the end of the set? :D"

:D

trumpoz Game profile

Jan 14th 2019, 6:45:52

stony it is not impossible to get a kill by yourself, actually nowhere near impossible. Quite easy actually.

Switch to Tyr and regain readiness
Build 350 turns
GS/BR and Stir Rebs for readiness
Chems make it easier but can be done without chems.

My best is around 290 turns on someone who 6 tapped me.

st0ny Game profile

Jan 14th 2019, 6:49:21

“(near impossible to kill a country alone unless opponent is sleeping or you have 360/360 turns and your opponent has none)“

AtticusRex Game profile

Jan 14th 2019, 13:52:28

I have had to kill far too frequently while playing express :(

Target can have full turns and billions in cash, you just need to be fast and to have a superior spal. If you're trying, you can pull it off in just a couple minutes. I wouldn't qualify it as anything close to impossible, just annoying.

st0ny Game profile

Jan 14th 2019, 15:37:21

perhaps you are right. i've just never been killed by a single country before. crippled definitely just not killed.

way way way back then when i played alliance, we were quite well known for what people would call 'walling'. basically defending a killrun from tons of opposing clan members which were organized and coordinated trough IRC.

we of course had the advantage of having eyes on the server news almost 24/7 as well as mostly playing from the same internet cafe that was opened 24/7. all the staffs from all the different shifts were playing. during war time, we paid more attention to the news. would leave a window open for the news and refresh it every once in a while. anytime a country is hit, we would call to inform the person, outright shout out at him from across the cafe or just walk up behind and smack his head thats slumped on the keyboard. people still say we were cheating till this day because they don't have this internet cafe culture in their country back then and could not understand it.

but anyways... in a 1v1 scenario, with 2b and full turns as you mentioned...

if i'm hit, there are a few very simple things i can do. check my main menu to see news of the attack. look at how many units he lost as compared to mine. buy up a little of the unit they are attacking me with so the attack bounces. for example, if you had 100k troops, it should be 0 when you log in so just buy 50-60k as the attacker would probably have decreased his attacking units as well. if this 50-60k does not bounce the attack, just buy up to 150k. basically just enough to screw up the attack. just do it a couple times if needed. while this is happening, spy him. if you can break, farm him. if you cant, find a different target and farm that target to regain population.

if i was not online and im not dead from the 360 turns attacker spent, start farming for land to regain population as soon as i log in. build residential sites if needed.

so unless you can kill a country with 360 turns which can be spent in 5 mins... which i still feel is close to impossible... best chance if think is if your opponent sleeps past 12 hour a day. you start attacking and finish up 360 turns just as he logs out to sleep and continue 12 hours later with another 360 turns assuming you have turns stored besides the 360 initially.

“(near impossible to kill a country alone unless opponent is sleeping or you have 360/360 turns and your opponent has none)“ still stands in my opinion.

check news for #93 IMP suck balls from last set as an example.

AtticusRex Game profile

Jan 14th 2019, 16:14:59

Tl;dr

Get a tabbed browser

st0ny Game profile

Jan 14th 2019, 16:26:08

"check news for #93 IMP suck balls from last set as an example. "

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 14th 2019, 16:30:27

Originally posted by trumpoz:
*gets popcorn*

Come ebert, Gerdler, Beerdrinker et al call out Helmut for being a douchebag loser like you do when I play TTTF

Where have you been? Gerdler hasn't been around in a while..

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

AnimalP0P Game profile

Jan 14th 2019, 16:47:35

Yes! Cracked top 100 yet again.

AtticusRex Game profile

Jan 14th 2019, 16:53:42

Yeah those are really bad attempts.

People are solo killed almost every reset. Suggest that instead of insisting it can't be done, despite evidence it happens all the time, you think about how it would be possible.

st0ny Game profile

Jan 14th 2019, 17:20:37

haha animalpop :D

Originally posted by AtticusRex:

Yeah those are really bad attempts.

People are solo killed almost every reset. Suggest that instead of insisting it can't be done, despite evidence it happens all the time, you think about how it would be possible.

ok. :D

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 14th 2019, 19:21:55

perhaps you are right. i've just never been killed by a single country before. crippled definitely just not killed.

walling is all well and good until you get punched in the mouth.

I reckon a good player that had tabs set up right could kill in express in under 2 mins.

The attack again button makes it super simples. I've had at least 7 attacks a second out of it.

15 hits - 3 seconds
5 SR - 2 seconds
half the jets/troops on the attack screen, rinse and repeat x18 for 360 turns
a tab open for CM's wouldn't hurt, and once you get near the end, screw readiness ;)

Helmut Game profile

Jan 14th 2019, 19:49:55

St0ny I'm going to raise the bar.
I was throwing sucker punches thinking, that after the game someone would be pissed enough to stand up & challenge me..
In the last hour of the set, I was thinking of farming chutya, because he had $1.1 B or maybe Cx, as he was messaging me lotsa fluff. I figured he was mad enough already & chutya was being decent, & diplomatic. I spied around & found (#2) & he had a $B also. I decided ..ahh somebody new to piss off & get money too...Game over & chuty got the win. I figured #52 would get it, as on a spy op, he had 360 turns on 26k acres.

You say there is no "Netter Farming" a few sets ago ebert tried too, but he started too early in the set & Primeval put him down & he gave up....

So my new goal, since nobody stood up...
Is to work on this new strat of Netter Farming.
I agree with you, that PS is over powered, but I'm going play it like mad, while it is...

The strat is simple... farm bots until Saturday nite, then farm fat netters, until end game.
So get yer def up, get tanks & buy war tech..
There's a monster lurking in the night..

st0ny Game profile

Jan 14th 2019, 20:03:29

Originally posted by UgolinoII:

walling is all well and good until you get punched in the mouth.

I reckon a good player that had tabs set up right could kill in express in under 2 mins.

The attack again button makes it super simples. I've had at least 7 attacks a second out of it.

15 hits - 3 seconds
5 SR - 2 seconds
half the jets/troops on the attack screen, rinse and repeat x18 for 360 turns
a tab open for CM's wouldn't hurt, and once you get near the end, screw readiness ;)

ok :D

I was throwing sucker punches thinking, that after the game someone would be pissed enough to stand up & challenge me..
In the last hour of the set, I was thinking of farming chutya, because he had $1.1 B or maybe Cx, as he was messaging me lotsa fluff. I figured he was mad enough already & chutya was being decent, & diplomatic. I spied around & found (#2) & he had a $B also. I decided ..ahh somebody new to piss off & get money too...Game over & chuty got the win. I figured #52 would get it, as on a spy op, he had 360 turns on 26k acres.

You say there is no "Netter Farming" a few sets ago ebert tried too, but he started too early in the set & Primeval put him down & he gave up....

I agree with you, that PS is over powered, but I'm going play it like mad, while it is...

The strat is simple... farm bots until Saturday nite, then farm fat netters, until end game.

sigh... no point talking to you or playing then. have fun. i'll come back after a few more months. :D

Helmut Game profile

Jan 15th 2019, 21:38:25

I have an image of you, st0ney hugging a tree & holding your breath, to get a cookie from your mama, stuck in my head...
Putting funning aside, I ask you, why are you afraid of a bogy man in the night, but you don't mind playing against other netters, that are playing with a staked deck.

chutya & some others suspect something, but don't quite see it, I think..
I been playing express on & off for a long while..
I can put a country in tt in the first few hundred turns & stay teh whole the set..
Until some country from down at the bottom of the server jets up & hits me.

I can retail, but can't break GDI, if I do..its kill run, or I have a parking lot..
All the same, I'm still down a 100 turns, & a couple $B rebuilding..
Chances for a really good NW are gone.

A few sets ago, after said " suicider" hit me..
I dropped NW & land & made good spal..
I went down into the server
In the land of Dead countries & High DR
I made friends with the Hit man, & spied him & others, traded AB's & GS,s
Because it doesn't really matter there..

What I found out..
He hit me because I was 2'nd on the server, & his buddy was first.
I could tell he wasn't a very good player, because he was buying Med & Spy tech for $6k & reselling it for $1k... ;)
After a few messages, & joking around, I had the feeling, he didn't quite understand all the aspects of teh game, & was tutored to do, what he needed too..
There were other countries that looked similar, that were just playing around, with lots of stored turns, but prolly could jet up if needed.

That pretty much killed my will to net...

I don't really care who they are, but I do know..

"Netter Farming" is a lot more lively, I get love letters, & still have a chance for tt.. :D

derptron Game profile

Jan 15th 2019, 23:30:29

<3. This.