Verified:

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 26th 2018, 14:12:13

First off the units needed are quite low, but thats a little bit beside the point.

I want to make sure theres a demand for troops and tanks outside war, and force netters to do some more math and make some significant choices, for example:

1. Do I PS tanks and troops to get max ghost?
2. Do I use troops even if oil and troop prices are high.
3. Is it worth it to let my NW inflate by buying troops and tanks to get max ghosts.
4. Do I lose too much readiness to make it worthwhile to get the max ghosts.

More choices mean more chances for better players to distinguish themselves.

So I would split the max ghost acres in 3 and have one third for sending enough of each unit type.

For instance if max ghosts require 120k jets now, make it so that you need to send 80k troops, 40k jets and 20k tanks for max ghosts. Weighting by offencive power.

This will also cause attacking to be more costly, increase military demand, increase oil demand etc. I think especially that the increased troop demand outside war times will make the market less volatile and more trustworthy.

Netters will be forced to run with lots of tanks and troops a while into the reset no matter what server we are on, that is despite tag protection and despite GDI rules.

Supplementary change: Changing ICs base production of troops and tanks to 2.0 and 0.5 respectively will also help indies, both human and npc to meet this increased demand.

Edited By: qzjul on Mar 8th 2018, 21:33:05
See Original Post

Crippler ICD Game profile

Feb 26th 2018, 21:39:55

return of the CI!
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

drkprinc Game profile

Feb 26th 2018, 23:48:47

Originally posted by Gerdler:

Netters will be forced to run with lots of tanks and troops a while into the reset no matter what server we are on, that is despite tag protection and despite GDI rules.

FFA requires no units just break and you are golden :)
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

DruncK Game profile

Feb 27th 2018, 0:08:25

Oh my this is an excellent idea!

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 8th 2018, 21:32:39

I kinda like this actually