Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 5th 2018, 17:38:44

People like to try to hide amongst the bots on both ffa and alliance. No one ever does this with the purpose of netting. Eliminate the new way to hide by having all the bots in a tag. It wouldn't compete for tnw so I think it wouldn't have a massive effect on the scores. Eliminate the safe haven for suiciders.

Rokkie Game profile

Oct 5th 2018, 17:41:50

This is a really good idea, nothing ever came good from untagged people in an alliance based server, there is no real reason to remain untagged in alliance, i don't think you should be allowed oop without a tag. my 2 cents

Banks Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 5th 2018, 18:55:07

https://www.earthempires.com/...rement-45891?t=1538595014

^
Isn't this the same thing? only a few lines down?

Marshal Game profile

Oct 5th 2018, 20:04:47

bots will be tagging up once qz has time to finish coding.

since every1 can make a tag it wouldn't make any difference suiciders wise if only tagged countries can get oop.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Crippler ICD Game profile

Oct 6th 2018, 2:52:55

marsha knows everything qz is planning so marsha = qz ?
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

sinistril Game profile

Oct 6th 2018, 3:28:45

Originally posted by Crippler ICD:
marsha knows everything qz is planning so marsha = qz ?

It logically follows that yes, this is the case
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 6th 2018, 11:46:52

i'm just quoting qz's sayings.

DancingBear Game profile

Oct 6th 2018, 12:10:41

LoL ... but i am drawn to the possibility that Marshall could bs qz's schitzy alter ego ...

But back to the idea of requiriing a tag to get oop ... while it is true that any player can create a tag and wear it to get oop, they would be the only player with that tag, so any unknown alliance with one member is suspect. The change would be to force players to stay tagged - no dropping out or tag switchiing. If the "bad actors" choose to make a public alliance, well, that seems ok to me. If bots are not subject to the tag to go oop rule, they will be obvious as the untagged players that are oop.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 6th 2018, 14:53:28

well let's take namineff et co as example, they got few players into their tag so it wasn't 1 player tag.

few times alliance has either lost their tag admin pass or tag has been compromised or they want to honor old player who died during set so tag change was needed.

DancingBear Game profile

Oct 6th 2018, 18:11:55

I'm not suggesting a perfect fit as is, but supporting the "tag to go oop" rule seems possible with minimal coding changes and admin support ... the real question is whether makiing both bots and humans without a well established tag conspicuous, so as to make potential troublemakers stand out, would that actually make for less overall trouble.

I think maybe it would ... or at least change the nature and style of the trouble troublemakers make.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 6th 2018, 18:19:30

Right. I think that it's likely more of a return to the old ways of suiciding and nothing more. It doesn't prevent a seeming constant to the game, just takes away the notion of trying to find a specific monkey in a jungle of bots. I think that if theres an aspect of the bots providing protection to griefers that can be easily eliminated, there really isnt a reason not to do it.

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 15th 2018, 21:39:15

would be nice if they tagged up as people use the name generator to hide with the bots.
Don of LaF

DruncK Game profile

Oct 16th 2018, 6:04:44

Just change their color...

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 16th 2018, 15:25:51

Originally posted by DruncK:
Just change their color...

Purple them!
Don of LaF

Namineff Game profile