bonus points
population
pci
negative booms and earthquakes
dr
dr2
spydr

roughly in order of what i think is simplest and most useful

also set to x amount would be nice, so as well as buy/sell there would be a set option, which would ignore price or use price based on the net amount, im not fussed which but you could do both if you wanted

as in instead of buy 303827 troops to get to 1m troops, just set to 1m troops

ideally expressed in a single paste-able line to set a whole country , or stored in a saved settings

additionally the equivalent of a stasis mode where you can do something to a target without anything changing, such as attack a lot to see how many mehul hits you get or something

if buying and selling dr dr2 spydr2 are a little complex just a simple button to reset them all would be fine, it might require deleting the news of those attacks from the server not sure?

and for bonus points i can imagine setting each country to automatically have 9999 points on creation might be easirer than buying and selling them, since it doesnt matter when you get them only when you use them

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 3rd 2020, 9:56:42

bonus points is the only thing that really matters. everything else can be achieved in a few extra minutes.

I dont see the reason for:

population
pci
negative booms and earthquakes
dr
dr2
spydr

Negative booms are well understood, just not their frequency, so you dont get any info from them.

Land takes a long time to get through exploring if you want anything over 50k acres or so, so I get land.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2020, 13:23:15

mainly i was trying to be complete

but the point of things is basically to get back to 0 or the start

if you sold pop and land it would allow people who want to test startups to do it easier, undoing a quake turn perhaps, (not sure if possible but a undo last turn button could be interesting) buying pops not as big a deal but could be nice for people testing spy ops or mil strat

pci again for startups, and pci death, maybe someone wants to play with the idea of a 0 food strat who has low mil on hand comparing food expenses vs tax losses

negative booms probably has no real need to exist, but earthquakes would be nice, for things like cs loss and size variance

and the dr's are for grabbing practice

sure things are understood now but if something changed then perhaps things would be retested, and its nice to allow new people to come in and play with things without huge extra hassle

DruncK Game profile

Feb 3rd 2020, 17:44:00

Bonus

Zorp Game profile

Feb 7th 2020, 6:15:48

These all sound good. To me though, it's incredibly annoying exploring tens of thousands of turns to get to an acreage I'm trying to test out.

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 9th 2020, 10:01:59

you know Alpha is just for testing right? :P

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 9th 2020, 10:33:21

? these things all make testing easier/better

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 10th 2020, 4:31:18

in the back of my mind as a to-do when i find a few minutes :)

I took a look and it needs a little refactor to add those missing items, not just adding it to a simple list
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com