Verified:

v1per Game profile

Apr 3rd 2021, 14:39:28

First, I searched through older threads and saw someone mention the navy. I think it's a great idea. Add a boat or 2. Make a new attack called naval seige. It destroys a small amount of buildings and targets oil.

War tactics - Instead of killing a country, make it occupied. No ones hard work is detroyed in 15 seconds. BigP said "well then how do you win a war." Easy, there should be a numbered of occupied targets you have to remove before the country is active again. As the number of occupied countries grows, the harder it is to remove the occupying forces. Making it a decision between fighting off occupying forces in your alliances "dead" country, or occupying/killing the other sides. Maybe if a country is occupied for 72 hours or something then it is officially dead. Or if the hostile alliance chooses, they could use more turns and destory the occupied country. It would add more strategy and allow for people to fight with their countries longer than a day or 2 before being reduced to a finisher.

Again, please be gentle.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 4th 2021, 0:36:11

Boats are dumb. Naval siege needs to do something else to add something to the game. Plus you'd destroy the PM easter egg.

Something change similar to what you are saying in your second part or a change in that direction could be a huge improvement. "No ones hard work is destroyed in 15 seconds" is completely right. It doesn't make any sense at all to have a game where you build for 2 months and lose it all in seconds, at least not without a comeback method. Interesting suggestion.

v1per Game profile

Apr 5th 2021, 13:28:59

No one else for the war changes? I understand not wanting a new unit, but I think the war changes could be great.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 5th 2021, 14:29:23

Yeah actually the war change that would be good is having AB EM NM kill some population instead of adding units that won't contribute.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 5th 2021, 14:49:50

Yeah full remake of the nuke to something else so its useful in war also against a prepped enemy. In real life nukes give EM pulses which destroy electronics potentially. So why not have nukes destroy a portion of the mechanised army and tech?

And Cruise should kill 15 pop with no %-age, because its targeted on that bunker where your last population is hiding from the troops on GSs/BRs.

ABs should kill all military as well as population instead of CS. Maybe 2% of pop with no min(not targeted), some buildings as now and the same military as a cruise missile kills.

v1per Game profile

Apr 5th 2021, 17:16:26

Ya I agree all attacks should have some civilian casualties. AB should have an effect on oil as well.

Mister Ed Game profile

Aug 30th 2021, 14:54:08

Go Navy!

MrEd Game profile

Dec 24th 2023, 0:22:47

Heck yeah! Let's get some Navy

SuperFly Game profile

Dec 24th 2023, 4:25:01

Also add a cyber attack spy op. Steals money, causes the power grid to go down killing civilians and steals or destroys tech!

It would be the ultimate spy op!

Graves Game profile

Jan 15th 2024, 14:17:04

Some good ideas here.

The "naval siege" bit made me think of blockades and how denying your enemy supplies is a crucial part of warfare. I think an attack type that stopped countries being able to use the public market - or severely slow it down - could be interesting.

I also think kills should be slowed down a lot. I understand that the civilian casualties is a % of population, but it never made sense to me that the number reduces as an army is beaten. I always thought it should be the other way around. Or that civilian casualties are massively reduced while a country has military to protect them so you have to fully break someone before the proper kill run can begin.

MrEd Game profile

Feb 2nd 2024, 16:47:44

How about Navy bombardment of a country?
Similar aspects to bombing run or artillery barrages. No navy vs navy per se. How about it game developers? Or are you going to sink my battleship?