Verified:

Marshal

Member

30,016

Jan 16th 2019, 21:23:22

i give up
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Galleri: Sadly pics of my boobies are on my ftp-folder.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Mister Ed

Member

301

Jan 17th 2019, 2:58:22

Originally posted by Marshal:
i give up


HOORAY!!!!

ZION

New Member

3

Jan 21st 2019, 17:59:42

We should add, Bar's Girls, Drink, alcohol, drugs for the military, cocaine, marijuana, that our Military will enjoy like



LAMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hammer Of stones :)

Mister Ed

Member

301

Jan 21st 2019, 19:01:19

Go Navy!!

Marshal

Member

30,016

Jan 21st 2019, 21:32:58

Originally posted by ZION:
We should add, Bar's Girls, Drink, alcohol, drugs for the military, cocaine, marijuana, that our Military will enjoy like



LAMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hammer Of stones :)


hi again dibs.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Galleri: Sadly pics of my boobies are on my ftp-folder.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

aliyah

Member

426

Jan 21st 2019, 23:24:45

I support this because Ed said to do it. There.
ALIYAH
TINY BUT MIGHTY!
HEAR ME RAWR!

LCN Spellchecker in training

Marshal

Member

30,016

Jan 22nd 2019, 15:11:21

but you don't really support this.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Galleri: Sadly pics of my boobies are on my ftp-folder.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

KoHeartsGPA

Member

19,178

Jan 22nd 2019, 17:00:07

Originally posted by Marshal:
i give up
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Marshal

Member

30,016

Jan 22nd 2019, 22:05:55

yea but i can still argue.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Galleri: Sadly pics of my boobies are on my ftp-folder.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Ban Fake Accounts

New Member

3

Jan 22nd 2019, 22:45:40

Hi again Marshal. I'm not over there. I'm over here.
Dibs Ludicrous was here. Dowt!
Help Us IBM Watson. You Are Our Only Hope.

KoHeartsGPA

Member

19,178

Jan 22nd 2019, 23:49:30

Originally posted by Marshal:
yea but i can still argue.


Clearly!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Marshal

Member

30,016

Jan 23rd 2019, 15:04:45

can't convince mister ed that navy needs water and game's planet has no seasa.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Galleri: Sadly pics of my boobies are on my ftp-folder.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

DancingBear

Member

324

Jan 23rd 2019, 16:51:49

As far as i know, our game planet is defined only by inference. We infer that there is land because we grow food and have troops and tanks; we infer an atmosphere because we have citizens and jets. But we could imagine a fantastical world without an atmosphere and the jets use stabalized thrusters. Since earth isn't objectively defined anywhere and clearly permits physical impossibilites (like having a million tanks on one acre of land), i see no reason to argue that naval, space or cyber units should be deemed impossible because they are somehow constrained by the real earth's physical laws that obviously do not apply to our game planet.

Extending the game to include different mil units may cause us to infer new properties for our imaginary game planet,, but since the planet as such exerts no influence on the game itself, how can it possibly matter? We could change the labels on mil units to apples, pears, bannanas and pineapples and we could use sea shells for cash - all that matters are the properties attached to the objects, like it takes 2 apples to defend equally against 1 bannana.

In summary, our game planet is imaginary, is defined nowhere, and exerts no impact on game play, neither by constraints or shared effects (my earthquakes never hit another country, nor do plagues cross borders, nor fallout from using missiles.) Therefore, to argue as if our game planet is in any way analogous to a real planet is a total waste of bandwidth.

My 2 cents for my *bonus*

:)




Mister Ed

Member

301

Jan 25th 2019, 18:11:48

Go Navy!!

Mister Ed

Member

301

Jan 25th 2019, 18:12:53

Originally posted by Marshal:
can't convince mister ed that navy needs water and game's planet has no seasa.

Dancing Bear just spelled this out in a way that even a novice to the game can understand.

KoHeartsGPA

Member

19,178

Jan 25th 2019, 22:25:38

Marsha might need an explanation to DBs explanation.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Marshal

Member

30,016

Jan 25th 2019, 23:03:13

yes he did AFTER my post
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Galleri: Sadly pics of my boobies are on my ftp-folder.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Mister Ed

Member

301

Jan 26th 2019, 13:37:04

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Marsha might need an explanation to DBs explanation.

Probably. If you go back and read some of my posts I explained the same thing but to no avail. However I have Hope's the DancingBear's post was detailed enough that my sixth grader can understand so hopefully it won't be too advanced for Marshall...

KoHeartsGPA

Member

19,178

Jan 26th 2019, 18:47:57

LOL
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Marshal

Member

30,016

Jan 26th 2019, 20:33:59

we don't need naval forces.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Galleri: Sadly pics of my boobies are on my ftp-folder.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

sinistril

Member

1560

Jan 26th 2019, 20:41:47

Originally posted by Marshal:
we don't need naval forces.


Why are you such a stick in the mud?
#FreeAssange

DancingBear

Member

324

Jan 26th 2019, 21:11:42

Perhaps more troll than stick?

Marshal

Member

30,016

Jan 26th 2019, 21:15:25

navy would just make this game more complex.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Galleri: Sadly pics of my boobies are on my ftp-folder.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

DancingBear

Member

324

Jan 26th 2019, 21:23:39

I've heard stories of giant mud trolls, which are related to the north american sasquarch, aka bigfoot. These creatures tend toward boggey river deltas and swamps, but have been reported in isolated small rivers and even large creeks. I would think that thieir natural abilities would preclude them actually getting stuck in mud like a stick, but i suppose anythiing is possible. They are reputed to be slow moving and more stubborn than a mule of similar age.

;)

sinistril

Member

1560

Jan 26th 2019, 22:03:34

 🏒
#FreeAssange

Mister Ed

Member

301

Jan 26th 2019, 22:03:48

Originally posted by Marshal:
navy would just make this game more complex.

It will add a new- but reasonable dynamic and make the game more fun-especially for those of us on the alliance server. It would really be great if Navy forces showed up in the next round in our industrial capabilities (and ability to sell on the market) with no warning and no info on whether jets or turrets defend against, etc. Let us players figure it out by trial and error.

Mister Ed

Member

301

Jan 26th 2019, 22:04:49

Originally posted by sinistril:
Originally posted by Marshal:
we don't need naval forces.


Why are you such a stick in the mud?

Many of us have wondered this for years 🤣

Marshal

Member

30,016

Jan 27th 2019, 11:33:03

you just want commies to make more money
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Galleri: Sadly pics of my boobies are on my ftp-folder.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Mister Ed

Member

301

Jan 27th 2019, 23:20:42

Originally posted by DancingBear:
Perhaps more troll than stick?

Definitely.

Mister Ed

Member

301

Jan 27th 2019, 23:21:21

Originally posted by DancingBear:
Perhaps more troll than stick?

Definitely.

Mister Ed

Member

301

Jan 28th 2019, 19:46:46

Marshal

Member

30,016

Jan 28th 2019, 20:47:05

what after navy? space marines? and what after that? spacefights?
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Galleri: Sadly pics of my boobies are on my ftp-folder.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Mister Ed

Member

301

Jan 28th 2019, 20:58:08

Originally posted by Marshal:
what after navy? space marines? and what after that? spacefights?

We do not currently have space marines or space fights in the real world. However Navy forces have existed here in the real world for quite some time and, as DancingBear has educated everyone, there is no rational reason why Navy cant be a part of the game. However if you truly think space marines needs to be talked about you can start a thread about it and I will be happy to weigh in there. Or if you want, I can create the thread for you so that people who are interested in the topic of Navy forces won't have to go through the cumbersome process of wading through off topic posts about Marshall's space marines adventure.

sinistril

Member

1560

Jan 29th 2019, 5:34:35

Originally posted by Marshal:
what after navy? space marines? and what after that? spacefights?


Another great idea! This game definitely needs a space element. How about instead of a restart bonus countries that are killed start on Mars where there are significantly less resources and have to make their way back to Earth without access to the public market (aside from the martian barter market)
#FreeAssange

Mister Ed

Member

301

Jan 29th 2019, 20:06:46

Originally posted by Marshal:
what after navy? space marines? and what after that? spacefights?

So you dont have to keep trolling and disrupting this thread, I've created a thread for your outer space idea: http://m.earthempires.com/...e-forces-discussion-46426

aliyah

Member

426

Jan 30th 2019, 14:32:57

He never shuts up. I'd hate to be his wife or GF. She probably doesn't get a word in edge-wise. Well, that is if he has one. There is a topic of bonus points if they are that desperately needed.
ALIYAH
TINY BUT MIGHTY!
HEAR ME RAWR!

LCN Spellchecker in training

Mister Ed

Member

301

Jan 31st 2019, 11:10:02

Originally posted by aliyah:
He never shuts up. I'd hate to be his wife or GF. She probably doesn't get a word in edge-wise. Well, that is if he has one. There is a topic of bonus points if they are that desperately needed.

I'm just glad that DancingBear really laid out the logic for why Navy forces CAN be added to the game and I would love to see it tried out on the alliance server.

Mister Ed

Member

301

Feb 6th 2019, 2:30:46

Originally posted by aliyah:
I support this because Ed said to do it. There.

Thank you

Marhsal

Member

125

Feb 6th 2019, 4:40:59

where do we draw the line? what if we add tanks into the game, it will pretty much be world of tanks, have you no decency?
Marshal Bot v 2.0

"Hm. Upgrades." -Neo

Patch notes: Anti-inane post function still not fixed.
Occasional capitalization feature added.
Information accuracy now up to 19.3%.

Mister Ed

Member

301

Feb 7th 2019, 16:48:00

Originally posted by Marhsal:
where do we draw the line? what if we add tanks into the game, it will pretty much be world of tanks, have you no decency?

There are already tanks but if you wish to start a world of tanks thread go ahead, this is Navy.

Mister Ed

Member

301

Feb 17th 2019, 23:25:59

Exactly. All that needs to happen is for Navy units to be added and their attack and defense strengths as well

Originally posted by DancingBear:
As far as i know, our game planet is defined only by inference. We infer that there is land because we grow food and have troops and tanks; we infer an atmosphere because we have citizens and jets. But we could imagine a fantastical world without an atmosphere and the jets use stabalized thrusters. Since earth isn't objectively defined anywhere and clearly permits physical impossibilites (like having a million tanks on one acre of land), i see no reason to argue that naval, space or cyber units should be deemed impossible because they are somehow constrained by the real earth's physical laws that obviously do not apply to our game planet.

Extending the game to include different mil units may cause us to infer new properties for our imaginary game planet,, but since the planet as such exerts no influence on the game itself, how can it possibly matter? We could change the labels on mil units to apples, pears, bannanas and pineapples and we could use sea shells for cash - all that matters are the properties attached to the objects, like it takes 2 apples to defend equally against 1 bannana.

In summary, our game planet is imaginary, is defined nowhere, and exerts no impact on game play, neither by constraints or shared effects (my earthquakes never hit another country, nor do plagues cross borders, nor fallout from using missiles.) Therefore, to argue as if our game planet is in any way analogous to a real planet is a total waste of bandwidth.

My 2 cents for my *bonus*

:)




Hunter

Member

72

Feb 22nd 2019, 8:33:40

Originally posted by Invictus:
Nope just battleships power of 6 and expensive as he'll to buy and the oil idea along with more of a need food(battleships in theory would house alot of troops) might make a facist more competitive also?



Sounds reasonable

Mister Ed

Member

301

Mar 1st 2019, 16:08:51

Originally posted by Hunter:
Originally posted by Invictus:
Nope just battleships power of 6 and expensive as he'll to buy and the oil idea along with more of a need food(battleships in theory would house alot of troops) might make a facist more competitive also?



Sounds reasonable


My hope is that the game developers will do this. We dont have airports- but we have jets. We dont need oceans. We can have navy

Marshal

Member

30,016

Mar 1st 2019, 20:12:07

zeppelins or ships on balloons.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Galleri: Sadly pics of my boobies are on my ftp-folder.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Hunter

Member

72

Mar 1st 2019, 20:41:26

Originally posted by Mister Ed:
Originally posted by Hunter:
Originally posted by Invictus:
Nope just battleships power of 6 and expensive as he'll to buy and the oil idea along with more of a need food(battleships in theory would house alot of troops) might make a facist more competitive also?



Sounds reasonable


My hope is that the game developers will do this. We dont have airports- but we have jets. We dont need oceans. We can have navy

Very true. There are no "defined" runways and no "defined" airports. We just know they are out there. Same with oceans - we dont need any "defined" oceans. We just need ships and we do attacks. Just like we do with jets.

Mister Ed

Member

301

Mar 8th 2019, 16:18:52

Agreed

Hunter

Member

72

Mar 13th 2019, 15:18:45

Originally posted by Mister Ed:
Exactly. All that needs to happen is for Navy units to be added and their attack and defense strengths as well

Originally posted by DancingBear:
As far as i know, our game planet is defined only by inference. We infer that there is land because we grow food and have troops and tanks; we infer an atmosphere because we have citizens and jets. But we could imagine a fantastical world without an atmosphere and the jets use stabalized thrusters. Since earth isn't objectively defined anywhere and clearly permits physical impossibilites (like having a million tanks on one acre of land), i see no reason to argue that naval, space or cyber units should be deemed impossible because they are somehow constrained by the real earth's physical laws that obviously do not apply to our game planet.

Extending the game to include different mil units may cause us to infer new properties for our imaginary game planet,, but since the planet as such exerts no influence on the game itself, how can it possibly matter? We could change the labels on mil units to apples, pears, bannanas and pineapples and we could use sea shells for cash - all that matters are the properties attached to the objects, like it takes 2 apples to defend equally against 1 bannana.

In summary, our game planet is imaginary, is defined nowhere, and exerts no impact on game play, neither by constraints or shared effects (my earthquakes never hit another country, nor do plagues cross borders, nor fallout from using missiles.) Therefore, to argue as if our game planet is in any way analogous to a real planet is a total waste of bandwidth.

My 2 cents for my *bonus*

:)







So simple a 2nd grader could understand it.

Mister Ed

Member

301

Mar 25th 2019, 12:42:57

Implement Navy

Cerberus

Member

3380

Apr 10th 2019, 3:20:05

Why not just institute random forced conversion to a Theo? For example, there has been a fundamental Islamic overthrow of your original government leading to the rise of an Islamic Caliphate along with declining production and revenue, thus turning your country into slag. The same could be said for any other random religion, such as Jehovah's Witnesses have seized power and now your country is pacifist and will NOT launch wars of aggression and conquest in order to grow.

How much fun could you have with that?
MrFord smells like Summers Eve

Mister Ed

Member

301

May 20th 2019, 18:11:52

Go navy