Verified:

Tmac Game profile

Feb 3rd 2020, 19:58:11

I recently got full intel on a lg target. He had 1 d ally who had 1.1m turrets and a few tanx/troops. My target had 800k turrets and a few tanx/troops. I did my calcs and was successful on my lg. It said his d allies lost a few troops and tanx, but no mention of turrets. I had noticed this multiple times on different servers, i just never had full intel to confirm my targets allies had turrets.

Any1 with an explanation? Thx

Quick ?. If I'm all turrets and my ally is all tanx we would b no help to each other, right?

Marshal Game profile

Feb 3rd 2020, 20:10:44

it's old bug which isn't worth to fix apparently.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 3rd 2020, 23:46:11

They had to make a new UI to solve this... so in the new UI it will show turret losses of allies, but not in this one.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2020, 3:02:06

Originally posted by Tmac:
Quick ?. If I'm all turrets and my ally is all tanx we would b no help to each other, right?

Correct!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 4th 2020, 3:29:46

Originally posted by Requiem:

Correct!

Wrong. That was in E2025. In EE, or at least now all defensive forces do help def allies no matter their composition, and all offensive forces help off allies no matter the composition of what he sends.

Its part of the reason why off allies are not used very much at all nowadays. :/

Tmac Game profile

Feb 4th 2020, 4:05:21

So the bug is only text related then. His ally still helped with 25% of his defense and suffered losses, right?

I suspected allies were helping when i failed an attack i shouldnt have. My only explanation was his allies tanx helped even tho he had 0, or i was unlucky with the random factor. Speaking of which, i think i read u have a 1% chance of failing at 110% oversend. Do i still have a 1% chance of failing at 150% or 200%? Ive been multiplying the raw break by 1.1 and then adding a few k extra jets, is that making a difference as opposed to just sending 101%?

Thx guys

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 4th 2020, 7:32:33

its supposedly a 0.1% fail chance at 10%. I usually calc exactly but I assume his and my weaps tech are rounded the worst way, then I round up.

So if my weaps is 120.2% and his tech is 120.2% I calc my tech as 120.15% and his as 120.25%. and if I then get that I should send 665xyz jets to break I send 666k. I have yet to fail a calculated grab in my EE career that I did this way.

I have failed a couple due to straight miscalculations so I go back and see that I forgot the pang factor or that I was a rep or the target was dict for instance.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2020, 13:10:42

Just send 15% and you'll fail around 0.01%

Edited By: Celphi on Feb 4th 2020, 13:13:01
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 4th 2020, 13:31:46

I have yet to fail my first with 10.1-10.5% oversend and I must have made over 1k of those so far.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2020, 16:35:50

It's rare, but still happens. Ask Vic, lol.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Marshal Game profile

Feb 4th 2020, 17:03:17

ah vic gets others supposed fails.

sfbob Game profile

Feb 4th 2020, 18:37:39

Isn't this to make it more difficult to work out the Ally's break from their losses?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2020, 19:51:15

Originally posted by Gerdler:

Correct!

Wrong. That was in E2025. In EE, or at least now all defensive forces do help def allies no matter their composition, and all offensive forces help off allies no matter the composition of what he sends.

Its part of the reason why off allies are not used very much at all nowadays. :/

When did that change?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2020, 19:51:57

Originally posted by Gerdler:

Correct!

When did that change?

That might explain a failed attack I did this set on a single player server....

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 6th 2020, 5:53:29

Has been that way since I started playing EE in early 2017. It was the other way in E2025 so I started by getting 1/4 the tanks and troops of the total of my def allies like before. But I noticed on the ally losses in primary that my 0-tank targets caused his allies to lose tanks when I landgrabbed him.

TheLegion Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 6th 2020, 16:56:28

Originally posted by Marshal:
ah vic gets others supposed fails.

What are we implying here mars?
I mean these folks cry about the game but can't even forum correctly.
- galleri

trolls be trolling
- KoHeartsGPA

I'd rather have just the bad flu than the bad flu and migrants, so..
- braden

Marshal Game profile

Feb 6th 2020, 21:18:45

Originally posted by TheLegion:

What are we implying here mars?

we don't fail on lgs so vic fails on behalf of us.