Verified:

Zorp Game profile

Feb 21st 2018, 16:14:55

This is a longstanding bug, incepted around the same time as the bots. Ever since the bots came online, the market feeds are buggy. Before bots, every single market transaction appeared in the IRC market channels, and the marker feeds. Now, they frequently don't. I think it's because the FFA transactions are overloading the system. I've noticed that sometimes, in the midst of an ffa bot buying spree, you can for instance buy bushels on team and it won't show up in #market.team. This means that all the market tools are inaccurate as well, eestats, Market Central, or any others. I doubt it's a papercut, but it's definitely something that should be fixed in my opinion, and since there's been a spurt of activity by the devs I thought I'd post this.

Edited By: qzjul on Mar 8th 2018, 21:33:51
See Original Post

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 21st 2018, 22:40:52

really eh? hmmm that's possbile i suppose actually

most market tools should be accurate though, because most use the feeds, which are served first; the irc bots are served differently
Finally did the signature thing.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 21st 2018, 22:41:02

And I'll have to think about how to fix this

Zorp Game profile

Feb 22nd 2018, 4:44:28

I'm not sure that's the case. I distinctly remember not seeing some of my buys in Market Central, which use the market feeds. I'm almost 100% sure, but I'll try and confirm it when I have more time this week if you need it.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 22nd 2018, 6:42:46

sounds good, if there's stuff being lost that is bad in general; i *think* the way they run that shouldn't happen though... i think...

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 22nd 2018, 14:06:44

I have noticed some weird things with the market feeds as well. I just thought it was downtime and didnt think longer about it. Never really reflected that FFA buying could affect or something.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance & FFA

Feb 26th 2018, 6:08:36

Market Central reads whatever is on the market trans api. If the news isnt in the api, then MC wont have it.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 8th 2018, 21:31:49

If the news isn't in the API, then it probably didn't happen; as the API picks directly from the market history table

Crippler ICD Game profile

Apr 7th 2019, 0:11:26

up
still missing stuff - also what's the possibilities of getting it broken in to goods rooms ex

#market.bushels.ffa

to show just bushel transactions etc
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice