Verified:

Rocky79 Game profile

Mar 4th 2022, 20:11:24

Here is a scenario

I knock my opponent down to their last 100 population, yet somehow they can still attack me with 100,000 tanks in the next turn

Seems there could be a mechanism in the game where you can't send attacks with jets or tanks unless you have enough people in your country to operate them

Just a thought, I know from reading other pages that this game rarely makes any changes at all

R.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Mar 5th 2022, 1:38:40

Civilians arent counted as military personal in war.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 6th 2022, 15:14:48

There has been an idea long ago that you need the population to operate the military. 1m jets require 1m civs. It would add a wrinkle to the game. Not sure how balancing that looks.

I think the first person I know that said something like that was Rockman.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 6th 2022, 15:17:24

Rocky79 Game profile

Mar 6th 2022, 18:05:32

Yes Req, this would be the idea

It seems odd that when I lose almost all my population I lose almost all my production of food, or almost all my production of military in my factories, but I can still send 5 million jets out

I guess the idea is that the factories or the farms are not automated and require population to operate, but the jets and tanks are all unmanned drones?

Tmac Game profile

Mar 6th 2022, 18:52:13

You do lose food for military units so I guess they come with people. It would also seem to make theo cashers invincible, right?

Rocky79 Game profile

Mar 6th 2022, 20:59:08

Originally posted by Tmac:
You do lose food for military units so I guess they come with people. It would also seem to make theo cashers invincible, right?

Yes, I suppose you couldn't make a change like this without making other changes as well, as Rockman had spoke about in his prior post

I suppose if military units come with people it is just not accounted for in your population stats

I just like throwing out ideas, I'm not thinking that anything at all is going to actually change with the game seeing as how it is essentially the same as it was when I played it back in 1997

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 7th 2022, 4:48:43

I think it's an idea worth exploring.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Mar 7th 2022, 18:48:51

Just because your civilian population goes to 1 doesnt mean your pilots are dead as well, since they are in the jets fueled and ready to go until they cant be paid for via the country of citizens. 1 citizen can't pay for 1m jets, so they will eventually leave due to pci or not enough stock / funds to finance the turn.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 7th 2022, 20:05:04

That makes them traitors.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 8th 2022, 16:06:36

This would be a change in a good direction, tho I feel as if it would be harder to balance than other changes in this direction that could have the same desireable effect on the game.

bayrock Game profile

May 7th 2022, 1:16:37

No point in creating this thread the developers don't do anything the game hasn't had anything in 20 years. The developers need to either make improvements or fluff off and let someone else do it - don't let a good 30 year old game die a slow death - you all here are veterans if you wanna keep playing this until you are 80 it's up to you to push these developers. It happened already many times in the last 30 years new devs, new owners, it's been WAY TOO LONG we need someone who CARES and HAS TIME

bayrock Game profile

May 7th 2022, 2:28:51

Guys please. These posts are about people crying and screaming out for something new. At this stage it does not even matter what the change is ANY change would be good and welcome and refreshing - my suggestion is just go and MAKE THE CHANGE in Express which will last ONE WEEK ONLY and then at the end of the week either REVERT or KEEP the change - so simple!!!!!!!!!!!!! The worst possible outcome is 1 weird set of Express (1 week only!!!) - so refreshing though - maybe it'll draw new players and old veterans will come and play on the new changes!!!!!