Verified:

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 12th 2020, 12:04:27

ive only got 1 country right now in alliance, that includes no countries on alpha or alphaffa, and none since alphaffa/alliance reset, i presume that was at the same time

Premium Bonus 5.9 hours Server Alliance
EE Premium Active

right now its 12 hours into the set, and im 6 hours away from new bonus so it implies my bopnuses triggered 4 hours before the reset

which was probably when i made the country, as i didnt have any countries then, and i dont think you can get bonuses just from looking at the country login page?

this seems like unexpected behaviour

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 12th 2020, 15:21:57

I think an easy solution is to just give premium bonus points at X time every day no matter what. Login or not. People who buy premium are going to most likely log in daily anyway, I would assume.

Thoughts?

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 12th 2020, 17:04:52

https://www.earthempires.com/bonuses

A fatal error has occured. Script execution has been aborted

getting an error on that page, i havnt used it for ages but might be related to premium

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 12th 2020, 17:32:23

I think its nice that you get the bonus no matter where you browse. If there was one bonus time for each server you play you'd have to set 6 alarms or keep 6 tabs on auto-refresh to get your bonuses, which seems a bit overkill.

It is, however, potentially a detriment to be be playing more than one server, which I think is a poor incentive. I rather have the opposite. Like for instance you could get 2 bonus points at the start of the alliance server for every server other than alliance you have been active in at least 8 of the last 10 days. Something like that?

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 12th 2020, 17:38:29

Originally posted by Requiem:
I think an easy solution is to just give premium bonus points at X time every day no matter what. Login or not. People who buy premium are going to most likely log in daily anyway, I would assume.

Thoughts?

Yeah, why not?

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 12th 2020, 17:53:06

Originally posted by Gerdler:
I think its nice that you get the bonus no matter where you browse. If there was one bonus time for each server you play you'd have to set 6 alarms or keep 6 tabs on auto-refresh to get your bonuses, which seems a bit overkill.

sure in general

but i wasnt expecting making a country or clicking on the pre server start link thing to trigger bonuses

what this means is you need to avoid whichever of those caused it for the 22 hours before the set starts, and therefore theres only a 2 hour window to create countries not 24h

maybe the simple option is to be able to disable auto bonus's or even pause premium, or just make it so theres nothing for bonus's to apply to then it wont actually trigger

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 12th 2020, 17:58:08

Originally posted by Molotov:
Originally posted by Requiem:

Thoughts?

Yeah, why not?

well the only potential argument not to do that would be to do with private market, not that i would agree but i can see the case for private market vs bonus points for balance reasons

the more likely reason people wouldnt like that though is youd get about 9% potential bonus points less if it went to 24h and stayed at 9 points, of course you could always just go to 10 points or close to it but that would increase the appearance of a premium vs non premium disparity which already exists

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 12th 2020, 19:25:51

All good points I still dislike having to log in at certain times. I'm not complaining though, this is still way better than previously but it shouldn't punish you at the start of a set either.

When I advocated for auto bonus points in the padt I never asked for more points for those who pay I just wanted a more lazy way to collect them.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 12th 2020, 22:13:26

It's already way better than before. I think the main problem with it at this stage is that it disincentivize you from playing more than one server, which is the opposite of the way it should be.

If you make it one bonus counter per server you kinda lose the neatness of premium for anyone who has a habit of playing several servers, so it just moves it from an ingame disincentive to it being unpractical to play more than one because you need more alarms/tabs and you have to browse around more tho get your bonuses.

I think that what enshula is talking about in the thread start is that you get a bonus not only for browsing ingame but also for just browsing portal. So you have to stay completely earth-free for those 22 hours prior to the set start if you want to have max bonuses, I believe. This is a minor issue imo but we clearly want more people to play several servers not the other way around.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 12th 2020, 22:15:11

Auto bonus every 22hr no matter login would of course solve all this, as long as it starts on minute 0 on every server regardless of where else you play.