Verified:

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 11th 2020, 20:32:25

I suggest that we delete all untagged players after several days of being untagged. All players would have to join an established clan. We could implement a clan registration system that qualifies people with some reputation for fair play to start a clan or be responsible for leading one.

Clans already have rules and policies in place to deal with suiciders from their ranks. This would bring the management of "suiciders" down the the clan level. And it would eliminate the untagged suiciders.

Edited By: Slagpit on Mar 3rd 2021, 17:14:06
See Original Post

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 11th 2020, 20:47:58

The issue for the admins/mods, etc., would be that your qualifying words are up for interpretation.

The first issue is 'suiciding' - however you choose to define that, is not against the game's rules. It would first need to be an illegal way to play for your suggestion to make sense.

It is the base mechanics of the game that is the root of the issue. For example, in Clash of Clans, you cannot attack someone's base until it is no longer a functioning base. The game mechanics prevent griefing, not leaving it up to a social contract that not everyone sees eye to eye on.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 11th 2020, 21:28:35

In my example the only game mechanic that would be changed is to delete countries with no tag for say 96 hours.

The qualifying word "Suicider" isn't really important. Most of our problems come from people who are untagged for 96 hours, and they would be gone.

For people who want to join a clan there is a qualifiation process in place already for established clans like Monsters, SoL, LaF etc.. The various types of crappy behaviors that we lump together under "suicider" are defined in clan rules, and all those rules are already in place and enforced so no additional work is needed.

I suppose there may be some coding required for a tag registration system

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 11th 2020, 22:05:50

So what prevents these guys from tagging up and then detagging and still suiciding?

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

The_Hawk

Oct 11th 2020, 22:09:09

Originally posted by galleri:
So what prevents these guys from tagging up and then detagging and still suiciding?

Or what stops them from detagging and doing it as we saw last set?

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 11th 2020, 22:20:37

i gotta agree with galleri and hawk..

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 11th 2020, 22:31:21

Originally posted by The_Hawk:

Or what stops them from detagging and doing it as we saw last set?
Originally posted by Bug:
i gotta agree with galleri and hawk..
Originally posted by Requiem:

It is the base mechanics of the game that is the root of the issue.

The_Hawk

Oct 11th 2020, 22:42:03

My bad mental moment.

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 11th 2020, 23:22:26

Only a small percentage of "griefers" go to all the trouble of tagging up with an established clan, detagging and then suiciding. It takes considerable effort. They have to apply and be accepted, and then go with their intentions undetected for some period before suiciding.

I'll bet 95% of griefers are just plain old untags, and if we got rid of those ones I'd be happy enough.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Oct 11th 2020, 23:56:16

Originally posted by Getafix:
Only a small percentage of "griefers" go to all the trouble of tagging up with an established clan, detagging and then suiciding. It takes considerable effort. They have to apply and be accepted, and then go with their intentions undetected for some period before suiciding.

I'll bet 95% of griefers are just plain old untags, and if we got rid of those ones I'd be happy enough.

That is probably the norm now. But then later this would encourage the tagging up and detagging. Trust me there are a lot of players that go through the trouble of hiding their names, forums names and even IP's to get into a clan just to screw them over.
Granted the player base is now smaller as is the clan base, and soon you can only get through so many clans, it will still cycle through.
At that point clan leaders will decide to never grow and accept new players.
Then the game for sure will never grow.
I see your idea here. I just also see what will happen. When you are mod you see it all and nothing is off the table. People do what they want here, they twist the rules to make only themselves happy and they care about no one, and no established clans.

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 12th 2020, 1:04:10

I have always said and will say again the problem isnt that players are untagged, the problem is that the BOTS are untagged, and so the players can hide in them.

You solve the problem of players hiding in the bots if you tag all the bots in BOTCLAN, without creating the problem of forcing players to tag when they clearly have bad intentions.

Solves both problems but I'm shooting blanks on making it happen and have been for like 5 years lol.

DruncK Game profile

Oct 12th 2020, 17:59:17

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
I have always said and will say again the problem isnt that players are untagged, the problem is that the BOTS are untagged, and so the players can hide in them.

You solve the problem of players hiding in the bots if you tag all the bots in BOTCLAN, without creating the problem of forcing players to tag when they clearly have bad intentions.

Solves both problems but I'm shooting blanks on making it happen and have been for like 5 years lol.

allbymyself87 Game profile

Oct 12th 2020, 23:45:34

I like this idea.
Auto tag up all the bots.
Then the human untags have no place to hide.

SuperFly Game profile

Oct 13th 2020, 1:01:58

What if myself, Getafix and Gerdler tag up with some of our favorite suicider pals and create our own tag like the bomb this set and suicide anyways? Are you going to prevent new tags or groups to form?

Just rid the game of the mechanics to suicide ei remove the ability for harmful attacks unless you break “protection” by making two hits or a harmful spy op. That way the “victim” and his tag are always guaranteed the FS.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 13th 2020, 1:05:20

lets just remove Superfly

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Oct 13th 2020, 1:10:19

Originally posted by SuperFly:
What if myself, Getafix and Gerdler tag up with some of our favorite suicider pals and create our own tag like the bomb this set and suicide anyways? Are you going to prevent new tags or groups to form?

Just rid the game of the mechanics to suicide ei remove the ability for harmful attacks unless you break “protection” by making two hits or a harmful spy op. That way the “victim” and his tag are always guaranteed the FS.

There is a flaw in your research paper. Gerdler wouldn't join up with you.
Correct this for a new grade.

SuperFly Game profile

Oct 13th 2020, 3:52:45

Galleri, my dear friend he actually invited me to rejoin LaF This set during a KR...

To Getafixes dismay a lot of tags would actually accept me with open arms in Alliance. Bet SoL would accept me as well if I applied just based on my war activity and mad 1337 walling skillzzzzzzz and on the fact that I have never suicided or hit anyone that my 1A tag is pacted with

In team server I only crush and “grief” tags that I have 0 relations with. Bradens country, CWG and Villians are the only tags that I have relations with so I don’t touch them.

However back on topic, I am actually looking forward to changes or improvements being made to the game to improve game play. I went without GDI the last 2 rounds in express and I was hit for no reason but that happens to everyone who doesn’t join GDI. Played tourney a lot and was always ABed even as all-x so I quit.

I would totally give other servers a shot if suiciding didn’t exist anymore.

Edited By: SuperFly on Oct 13th 2020, 4:02:11

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 13th 2020, 19:03:45

You sell all your spies faster than anyone else. :)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 13th 2020, 20:11:18

To add something to the discussion; We all have a list of all the bots before the end of protection every set. So making a BOTCLAN wouldn't change anything in itself.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Oct 13th 2020, 20:45:57

Only issue is the tag BOTCLAN will have the most members

maybe splinter the bot tag into however many 10 member tags all with bot in the alliance name?

Originally posted by Gerdler:
To add something to the discussion; We all have a list of all the bots before the end of protection every set. So making a BOTCLAN wouldn't change anything in itself.

It would make it more identifiable and people running untagged waiting to get hit in theory would get left alone so their reason to grief would be a moot point.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 13th 2020, 21:20:40

Yeah, and honestly I use eestats to farm bots not one of the bot lists. If someone is untagged whether they have a bot name or not I'm known to smash into them every few sets.

I understand they dont tag the bots because they would win triple crown every set, but I think we'd all still judge the best nonbot clan as the winner. It's not a ubiquitous solution but it covers a ton of issues.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 13th 2020, 21:25:27

I don't think a significant portion of the suicides that do happen occur over landgrabs on untagged people anymore.

I think Getafix option makes more sense in reducing suicides tho I think its too harsh.

I rather see something like war room and spy room being unavailable for all untagged people and maybe 48 hours after they tag up (assuming the tag has 3 countries or more).
Then you can add botclan all you want.

Basically the untags will then have to tag up in a legitimate tag by way of convincing it's leaders they have legitimate reasons to tag up, or they will have to join together as a group of players facing scrutiny by the other tags. The number of times you can fool the community should be finite, and so you will quickly end up with only the second option, assuming you can find 2+ friends to suicide with and when you do that the other tags will have 48 hours to kill you before you have a chance to do anything.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 13th 2020, 21:30:58

What if someone hits them first would they be able to retal?

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Oct 13th 2020, 23:01:07

Originally posted by SuperFly:
Galleri, my dear friend he actually invited me to rejoin LaF This set during a KR...

To Getafixes dismay a lot of tags would actually accept me with open arms in Alliance. Bet SoL would accept me as well if I applied just based on my war activity and mad 1337 walling skillzzzzzzz and on the fact that I have never suicided or hit anyone that my 1A tag is pacted with

In team server I only crush and “grief” tags that I have 0 relations with. Bradens country, CWG and Villians are the only tags that I have relations with so I don’t touch them.

However back on topic, I am actually looking forward to changes or improvements being made to the game to improve game play. I went without GDI the last 2 rounds in express and I was hit for no reason but that happens to everyone who doesn’t join GDI. Played tourney a lot and was always ABed even as all-x so I quit.

I would totally give other servers a shot if suiciding didn’t exist anymore.

You misunderstood me. He wouldn't join up to suicide ;)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 14th 2020, 19:22:05

Originally posted by Requiem:
What if someone hits them first would they be able to retal?
The suggestion is that they are automatically deleted. I am more lenient. They can't retal unless they tag up in a tag with at least 3 players and stay there for 48 hours.

This forces suiciders to show their hand 48 hours in advance and it pushes the benign untags into tags meaning there will be fewer countries to hide amongst if you do have malicious intent and don't want to just be farmed.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 14th 2020, 19:26:11

Bot clans wouldnt win TNW or 1st in members if they made them tag perhaps randomly, or sequentially, in "BOT01"-"BOT99", which would be simple to code. I just dont see how that alone will stop any suicides at all. It will stop the ones that occurr only due to a misunderstanding, but those are quite rare anyway.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 14th 2020, 20:23:53

Hmmm I think from a gameplay perspective I'd rather see a new form of GDI that addresses the problem(s).

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 15th 2020, 0:11:32

Just like I would. But that idea was rejected, remember?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 15th 2020, 2:07:34

I usually just keep bugging people till they give in haha!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 15th 2020, 13:57:57

Haha good. :)