Mar 31st 2018, 1:27:05

unless they are untagged bot suiciders!

It's an affront to all that is pure and good
👽

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 31st 2018, 1:43:49

Wut?
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 1st 2018, 18:14:14

Bots will accept just about any pact you send them i think...
Finally did the signature thing.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 1st 2018, 20:22:22

They should only Ally amongst themselves..
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

sinistril Game profile

Apr 1st 2018, 22:44:11

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
They should only Ally amongst themselves..

Thought the goal was to make bots indistinguishable from players?
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 2nd 2018, 0:19:44

^ agree
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Viceroy Game profile

Apr 2nd 2018, 1:13:24

Indistinguishable from players is not the same as helping players by providing them the bonuses of an alliance.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 2nd 2018, 1:33:33

I have no idea what the point would be with making bots indistinguishable from players. It is really hard and if successful it's going to result in players getting farmed out of the game again which defeats one of the main purposes of having them in the first place.

Viceroy Game profile

Apr 2nd 2018, 1:39:23

Additionally, this thread seems to assume that it is possible to truly make bots indistinguishable from other players.

Is this a safe assumption to make?
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

cyref Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 2nd 2018, 1:43:07

a normal player would not ally up to help an untagged suicider, but apparently the bots will jump at the opportunity if sent an offer

٩(●̮̮̃•)۶
👽

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 2nd 2018, 1:48:34

@Viceroy: it is possible.

@cyref: 'a normal player' ? The only reason you don't tag with suiciders is because you ally with the same group every set. There's no restrictions as to who you ally with as a player. Nor should there be with bots.

There's also no way to determine if a player is a suicider or not. That includes anyone in your current clan.

Viceroy Game profile

Apr 2nd 2018, 1:49:49

Saying it is possible does not make it possible, and I am highly skeptical that there would be nobody smart enough in this community to eventually find a way to tell the difference.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 2nd 2018, 1:53:00

@Gerdler: It doesn't defeat the purpose. More players means a lessor chance of real players getting farmed. Right now only certain players can distinguish which countries are bots which is an unfair advantage for seasoned players.

So either place a "- BOT" next to each bot country name or blend them into the group as players. If you think about it., if they go unrecognizable enough,... then there's really no limit to the number of bots in which you could add.

cyref Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 2nd 2018, 1:54:00

it's a pain in the butt to have to kill a suicider, then his restart, then his next restart. Now he gets an assist from the bots.
I don't think gameplay is improved by giving human griefers any kind of AI boost.
👽

Viceroy Game profile

Apr 2nd 2018, 2:00:28

Originally posted by cyref:
I don't think gameplay is improved by giving human griefers any kind of AI boost.

You're not wrong. However, strike the word griefers, and I will fully agree with you.

Bots should not actively help any individual players.

sinistril Game profile

Apr 2nd 2018, 2:11:06

Originally posted by cyref:
it's a pain in the butt to have to kill a suicider, then his restart, then his next restart. Now he gets an assist from the bots.

How though? Alliances don't affect BR, GS, AB... not like bots would be FAing and if your SPAL is so bad that a couple bot intelligence alliances make all the difference then you probably couldn't do OPs in the first place. This doesn't affect the killing of suiciders just the farming of untagged players.

If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 2nd 2018, 2:12:32

@cyref

would it really matter? i mean the most defense they could get is 2x. For a restart that should be simple.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 2nd 2018, 2:13:45

What stops two suicidiers from allying and doing same thing?

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 2nd 2018, 2:15:57

I do agree that at some point- to be truly unrecognizable -- they should have some sort of function which *intelligently* accepts good allies. but, then there should be some stupid / or noob bots which accept any alliance.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 2nd 2018, 2:20:29

Originally posted by Viceroy:
Indistinguishable from players is not the same as helping players by providing them the bonuses of an alliance.

Ding ding ding!!! Winner winner chicken dinner!

Not to mention those who will be leeching tech!
(•_•)

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 2nd 2018, 2:33:38

@Viceroy.. They could benefit from bots. And it's very possible to make them undetectable. Right now they don't have all the functions of a human player., nor are they integrated with multiple personalities., thus their basic patterns are easily recognizable., but i bet you, once they all have the ability to attack i could program them to be virtually impossible to detect.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 2nd 2018, 2:35:13

Right now- bot recognition has the lowest priority., but it is a goal at some point. Thus everything that is added to their functionality prior to that is built to achieve that goal.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 2nd 2018, 3:04:32

Originally posted by Viceroy:

This is fair; we'll probably have to look at something to prevent some types of abuse

Crippler ICD Game profile

Apr 7th 2018, 0:12:09

wait - if you ally a bot you should be able to invite it to join your tag .. lol
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Viceroy Game profile

Apr 11th 2018, 0:01:32

LOL @ bots trying to ally us all the second the set begins

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 11th 2018, 0:23:54

haha okay so maybe they shouldn't do that!

DruncK Game profile

Apr 11th 2018, 1:51:20

Just change bots font/size and/or color for their country name =\

Any experienced player will have access to a tool that helps them know who the bots are but it's what they deserve for playing a game that is a mere shadow of a great, ground breaking game?