Verified:

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 4th 2021, 5:38:58

Previously, some leaderboard statistics were calculated using all of a player's countries. This led to some situations where it was possible for a player to deduce another player's country number. Going forward, all leaderboard statistics will be calculated using countries from completed resets only.

This change is expected to go live tomorrow. This was tricky for us to test, so let us know if you see any odd behavior with the leaderboards after the change.

Edited By: Slagpit on Feb 4th 2021, 5:49:29

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2021, 5:50:18

nice

i know there was some hassle making this change so thought a flat 60 day delay might be the easiest option

its kind of sad that the change gets made right after it was used to catch cheaters though

Edited By: enshula on Feb 4th 2021, 5:53:55
See Original Post

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 4th 2021, 5:54:45

Awesome! Thanks!

And yeah as enshula said that is ironic. But Im hoping that the deletions will discourage such behavior in the future. Plus the fact that there will be one less reason to use two accounts!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2021, 5:56:45

Bout time LOL, better late than never!

Thanks!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2021, 6:10:30

Damn is slagpit just back and firing on all cylinders? Is 2021 gonna be better guyz?

Awesome my friend.....awesome. Keep it coming and keep listening to the players. We can all appreciate it. And it's doing your due diligence to correct a main reason people were having multi accts in the first place. You discourage the act while simultaneously fixing the problem. Good show on making a serious effort for improvement today.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Feb 4th 2021, 6:32:06
See Original Post

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 4th 2021, 11:04:50

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Previously, some leaderboard statistics were calculated using all of a player's countries. This led to some situations where it was possible for a player to deduce another player's country number. Going forward, all leaderboard statistics will be calculated using countries from completed resets only.

This change is expected to go live tomorrow. This was tricky for us to test, so let us know if you see any odd behavior with the leaderboards after the change.

Remember also the main reason why this was done. It was to stop people from tracking people on the leaderboards yes, but the end goal was to open up all profiles so that people will act with the responsibility that comes with the realization that others will know what you did last set.

This was the big hurdle on the way to that. If it works you have my blessing to force my profile open, along with all others. :)

table4two Game profile

Feb 4th 2021, 11:37:43

Agreed. I would be supportive of a move towards opening player profiles and resting accountability on the individual.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2021, 18:45:17

Good work slag you fixed what others couldn’t in a days.