Verified:

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 3rd 2013, 23:58:13

Hi All,

This is a small change-set, with only a couple changes, focusing on Solo play.

These changes are often requested, and their reasoning is explored in depth on many threads on the B&S board.

1) Solo (Primary/Express) GDI now protects against espionage.
- That is to say, other countries cannot commit espionage against you unless you have attacked them twice (attacks + ops).

2) Offensive Allies and Trade Allies are now disallowed on Primary & Express
- Offensive Allies were being slightly abused
- Trade Allies are unnecessary with FA disabled

Please post your thoughts, or any oversights &etc below.

Regards,

- qzjul & the EE Staff :)

Edited By: qzjul on Nov 4th 2013, 0:05:15
See Original Post
Finally did the signature thing.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 4th 2013, 0:08:59

I like the changes and appreciate the attention. :) Long-term I think there may be a better fix for the espionage thing that revises spy ops a little more extensively, and there may be some reworking of tech allies that could help, but short-term that's a good bandaid. Thanks qz!
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 4th 2013, 0:09:47

Yea, we were a bit short on time due to recent events &etc, this ought to be a good short-term fix at least, as you said ;)

blid

EE Patron

Nov 4th 2013, 0:10:41

understandable. Glad you got at least this change in
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Xinhuan Game profile

Nov 4th 2013, 0:14:00

Thanks qzjul!

oldman Game profile

Nov 4th 2013, 1:23:29

awesome! thought we would have to wait till next set with all the other stuff going on.

Kalick Game profile

Nov 4th 2013, 1:57:56

Are DAs a little unbalanced without OAs?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 4th 2013, 4:10:55

Awesome changes Qz thanks a million!

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 4th 2013, 6:44:00

Originally posted by Kalick:
Are DAs a little unbalanced without OAs?

Well, you *can* use the +50% Bonus from Planned Strikes =/ Typically, with two equal Defensive Allies, you only get +50% defence anyway... so one could say it is probably in perfect balance ?

PaleMoon Game profile

Nov 4th 2013, 8:07:58

Yeah I thought we'd missed the boat on this for the set that's just started (Primary).

Thanks for finding time to shoe-horn this one in, qz - much appreciated. :)
"imo the true issue over there is and always has been palemoon." - Vic (Mr. Clear)

La Famiglia

st0ny Game profile

Nov 4th 2013, 8:14:17

thanks alot! :D
Originally posted by LATC:
"Don't complain. Assess & adjust."

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 4th 2013, 12:34:52

thank you very much!

Marshal Game profile

Nov 4th 2013, 12:40:02

1st will stop all queries why this and that can steal my techs.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

h2orich Game profile

Nov 4th 2013, 15:21:58

I think this is too harsh.

GDI should not protect from tech-stealing. Make it so IF a country hits another country once, the country being hit has the right to steal tech. This is just fair for the smaller countries.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 4th 2013, 15:27:29

^ I think this was just put in as a stop-gap. Hopefully by next set they can do something that will leave tech/cash stealing as an option while also making it possible to stop.

I'd like to see two factors taken into account:
1) Somewhat increased defense rates for the person with higher raw spies (rather than solely calculating based on SPAL). The in-game instructions claim this to be the case, but it's not working as described.
2) Increase defense rate in general for players with high SPAL. The higher SPAL you run, the more ops you should catch, *to some extent* regardless of the attacker's SPAL. So that if you run something very respectable like a 50 SPAL, you will be able to stop *a portion* of the attacker's ops even if they have an extreme SPAL.

With changes like this, you would not need to outlaw espionage altogether, leaving it an option for smaller countries, and this also would help with bomb banks which has not been protected, and even extend to spy warfare ops in general, which would be improved by these changes imo.

Edited By: blid on Nov 4th 2013, 15:38:43
See Original Post

h2orich Game profile

Nov 4th 2013, 15:33:23

Guess that would be better then. Now you risk being special attacked/missiles and tech stealing when you multi tap someone compared to someone else that only hit each target once.

VivaNick Game profile

Nov 19th 2013, 4:15:07

Research ally can be take off as well for solo server.

Since research ally never benefit techer but only benefit casher, farmer & indy.

Why : the less tech point in market ; auto price will high & techer still earn more ---> equilibrium level

ZIP Game profile

Nov 20th 2013, 11:36:48

it theory yes... but people will still under cut on greed.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 14th 2013, 14:40:42

The tech alliance does not just benefit cashers, farmers, and indies, it also benefits other techers by increasing the available tech pool from which to sell if you need cash, without diminishing the tech benefits you may be relying upon such as SDI, Spy and Weapons tech. My favorites. It also could encourage a few adventurous players to keep their stocks in tech points rather than bushels thus increasing the availability of various styles of play concerning stocking.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!