Verified:

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Apr 1st 2013, 20:44:51

fluffsucking asslicking unclefluffer
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

braden Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 20:53:58

so, they call themselves nipponese? me calling them that isn't racist, then. you just said its their name for themself?- i already suggested i used the wrong demonym, you either ignored it or didn't understand it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demonym

now, it might be "nipponese" and not "nip", which is where i say i may have been wrong with my demonym. this isn't racism. it wasn't before, when foog had his issue with it, and it isn't now.

no matter which way you shake a stick at it, i spoke not out of hatred for a people, but out of hatred for something which they did, an action they chose to take (todays japanese people didn't bomb pearl harbor. when nippon was found on a map, however, they did)

i found, through a quick google search, five anthropologically distinct "races"
mongoloid
caucasoid
australoid
negroid (please, people of darker skin everywhere, i didn't come up with the name)
and capoid

fluff, i'd argue the term mongoloid is far more offensive than the term nipponese or nip.. mongol, the people, and oid, resembling.. resembling mongols. those cowardly mongoloids, better?

(NOT to be confused with mongrels, of course?)

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Apr 1st 2013, 21:07:25

towelheads is not racist because of 9/11 end of debate

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

braden Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 21:11:35

if they hail from the great lands of Towelheadistan, then I'd imagine they would prefer towelheadistani, i believe.

but it's weird, because it's afghan or afghani, but then it isn't pak or paki.. hmm..

(oh, and i believe me and everybody else who reads this understands that you lost, and went to towelheads, so good debate, i enjoyed myself, but then i won, so..)

Edited By: braden on Apr 1st 2013, 21:14:43
See Original Post

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Apr 1st 2013, 23:27:09

i just noticed your edit

but it's pretty much what you're saying. you're arguing that either:
a) saying "Nips" is ok because Nippon is Japanese for Japan, from which you could logically conclude that "Chinks" or "Japs" are not racist terms. but that's not the case obviously because context and connotations are everything.
or
b) you're using the derogatory term because you're referring to the political leaders but that falls apart because you're using a racist term that would apply to all Japanese people (ie. the towelheads example or the classic conservative "President Obama is the worst president ever, he's such a fluff. What? I didn't insult black people, I insulted Obama")

now you might not have spoken out of racism but you used a derogatory term and seemed pretty adamant that it's acceptable to use that kind of term

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Apr 1st 2013, 23:38:36

i mean if it was a simple as you accidentally using "Nips" thinking it's something Japanese people use to describe themselves, then that would make sense but instead you went on a big tirade to defend using it based on how "i spoke not out of hatred for a people, but out of hatred for something which they did, an action they chose to take" yet you also tried to backtrack with "i already suggested i used the wrong demonym, you either ignored it or didn't understand it."

so which is it? you used a racist word for Japanese people because you don't like Pearl Harbour or you didn't know it was a racist term?

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 23:44:48

hmm, wonder if it's people like PP that make other people decide to hate an entire race because they had a discussion with them.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

braden Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 23:58:12

my contention is that it isn't racist. not in the context i was using it. the exact same way your above usage isn't considered ill willed.

i was more rude with my stringent use of the word cowardly than i was with the use of the nip, nipponese, nippon, japanese, jap, japan or my future home town of sapporro words.

japanese isn't a race. just throwing it out there.

Magellaan Game profile

Apr 2nd 2013, 0:32:46

I'm sure it's much, much worse for the Japanese to have to live with small penises than someone calling them nips on an internet forum anyway.
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

Magellaan Game profile

Apr 2nd 2013, 0:37:03

When you think of it their whole attempt at war is a classic example of overcompensation.
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

Tokyousr Game profile

Apr 2nd 2013, 1:11:25

i dun consider nip or nips a racist term, and im japanese.

wartimes, ppl called ppl many things.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Apr 2nd 2013, 6:44:08

Originally posted by Tokyousr:
i dun consider nip or nips a racist term, and im japanese.

wartimes, ppl called ppl many things.
it's on the wikipedia list of ethnic slurs so clearly some people somewhere do ;)

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 2nd 2013, 7:33:57

Canuckians, Canuckians, Canuckians, Americans, Americans, Americans!

Europeans, Europeans, Europeans!

Asians! Asians! Asians!

Latinos! Latinos!, Latinos!

Negros, Negros, Negros!

Pontius Pirate, Pontius Pirate, Pontius Pirate!

Pontius Pirate is a butt pirate, and a rump ranger, sausage smuggling homo.

I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Apr 2nd 2013, 9:27:46

It has always puzzled me that most African Americans struggle so hard with English, yet when you meet one that speaks Spanish, he speaks spanish quite elegantly. I don't understand how that works. Anyone have any suggestions about why? Also, they do French quite well too.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Apr 2nd 2013, 9:57:51

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
It has always puzzled me that most African Americans struggle so hard with English, yet when you meet one that speaks Spanish, he speaks spanish quite elegantly. I don't understand how that works. Anyone have any suggestions about why? Also, they do French quite well too.

oh my. i forgot about the theory that they learned their English from the Jews that they kicked out of the ghettos. maybe the Jews are better with the romance languages because they are so passionate.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

braden Game profile

Apr 3rd 2013, 1:19:35

nope, nip or nippon or nipponese is racist, but "How little yellow people in a remote and resource-poor part of the world" is perfectly acceptable terminology. if it wasn't, the moral and ethical police that is somebody who hides their identity, would be all up in arms over it, and this thread would be over a hundred posts long. (oh, wait, it is, heh, i meant the other thread)

either take offense to "racism", or keep your mouth shut?

Edited By: braden on Apr 3rd 2013, 1:24:39. Reason: being correct per se
See Original Post

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Apr 3rd 2013, 6:45:54

"Oh hi, my name is braden and I'm too stupid to understand context! And what about all this racism against white people?"

Originally posted by braden:
i'm only joking; you, me, dibs and watertowers are the only sane people here, at least the ones of us seemingly willing to take a stance against ostensibly anti white racism, or maybe just anti-west racism?

mrford Game profile

Apr 3rd 2013, 6:52:04

Originally posted by Dibs Ludicrous:
hmm, wonder if it's people like PP that make other people decide to hate an entire race because they had a discussion with them.

i loled
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Karnage XZ

May 22nd 2019, 13:06:38

Originally posted by martian:
http://www.combinedfleet.com/economic.htm
ouch.
Seems that there was no realy way Japan could win in the long run.

Not to mention Japan wasn't just at war with the US but British Commonwealth countries as well

would love to see something similar for Germany vs USSR as well.
The Atomic Bombs ended Japan, the Americans were having great difficulty trying to invade Japan with ground troops and the navy so the answer was Dropping Bombs. Japan had plenty of food from the countries they had conquered not to mention the resources. They were starving the Vietnamese and they used the Thai Airbases and equipment just to mention a few. Not to mention that they had the whole of China under the rule, only a couple hundred thousand Chinese fought back and they were provided training and weapons by the Americans where a training base was set up in northern India which belonged to the British at the time. If it wasn't for India the British would have lost all their Territory in the Middle East and Asia because India was part of the British Commonwealth. India became such a powerhouse and producer for the war that after world war 2 was over, Great Britain had no choice but to transfer independence back to the Indians.

The fact is that if it wasn't for Great Britain and to some extent, the French's power and influence and past empirical establishments like United States, Australia, New Zealand, Canada the war could have been lost. Britain was able to hold off the axis powers long enough for America to fully prepare for entering the war. Russia was useful for the European front but they completely ignored the Asian front against the Japanese.

Nobody talks about the Italians because I think they were kind of an embarrassment to the Axis powers.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Neil Game profile

May 22nd 2019, 15:07:02

Not to mention that they [Japan] had the whole of China under the rule. Russia was useful for the European front but they completely ignored the Asian front against the Japanese.

Where are you getting your info from?

Badde Game profile

May 22nd 2019, 15:20:35

I would just like to add that soldiers have to dehumanize their enemies by calling them something other than a civil term, to make killing the enemy easier.

Various studies show that only about 2-3% of people can kill without more or less severe PTSD, so the rest of the soldiers would need a term that doesn't make the enemy into humans.
Therefore, most soldier names for their enemies are dehumanizing, and in the civil world, offensive.

However, the winner usually gets to write the history thus, what the winners soldiers use tends to be more acceptable.