Verified:

Devestation Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 7:05:08

#455 started it :)

btw Pang, the latest antisuicider measure (no dropping grabbed land for 72 hours) is also a convenient way for LaF to take L:L RoR's on the bottomfeed that's able to scrape up the jets to successfully retal. I know it's hard to get to a compromise between anti-suiciding and halting bottomfeeding, but if you want this one to stand evenly LaF will need to change their attitudes on what "their rights" are in relations to their land.

AoS Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 7:09:45

Well, like people said in the other thread, their "rights" to their land is whatever they can enforce.
The dreamer is banished to obscurity.

Devestation Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 11:05:52

to avoid threadjack, I'm going to point out that "#455 started it :)" was the topic, not the btw :P

SolidSnake Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 11:47:04

Actually i think you'll find #455 didnt make a single topfeed, and didnt refuse to accept retals. So rage "started it", the And pang has nothing to do with LaF policy decisions, so trying to hold an admin accountable for an alliances retal policy is pretty stupid.

Edited By: SolidSnake on Jun 17th 2010, 12:03:54

ZIP Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 12:39:12

bottomfeed, top feed, midfeed, whatever, why should we retail you, we are not pacted this set, so you grab who you want, we will grab who we want, LAF will not dictate who we hit, when we hit, we will choose who we hit as much as laf is choosing to hit.

why should you choose the fat ones and we are stuck having to retail them, WE will pick our own targets just as you do with us.

no pact works both ways.

RAGEnELy is not refusing to accept retails, we are just hitting our own targets as you are. I have been doing the grabbing and not once did i send a retail message as it isn't a retail, a fresh hit. i have gotten hit 5 times in 2 days, only 1 retail message was sent from your side. so you hit who you want , we will do the same.

fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

ZIP Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 12:43:48

Defends: (24/72/All) 7/9/9 - all from laf

Attacks: (24/72/All) 2/3/3 all to laf

so who is really doing the grabbing here

had more defends then i thought

Edited By: ZIP on Jun 17th 2010, 12:45:45
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

NukEvil Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 12:48:17

reTAL. Short for reTALiation. Not reTAIL...

You're not walking to the nearest supermarket and picking out the juiciest landfarm you can find in the produce aisle. You're fueling up some jets, throwing them over some dude's country, dropping a few bombs, and calling it a day.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

SolidSnake Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 12:50:26

Originally posted by ZIP:
bottomfeed, top feed, midfeed, whatever, why should we retail you, we are not pacted this set, so you grab who you want, we will grab who we want, LAF will not dictate who we hit, when we hit, we will choose who we hit as much as laf is choosing to hit.

why should you choose the fat ones and we are stuck having to retail them, WE will pick our own targets just as you do with us.

no pact works both ways.

RAGEnELy is not refusing to accept retails, we are just hitting our own targets as you are. I have been doing the grabbing and not once did i send a retail message as it isn't a retail, a fresh hit. i have gotten hit 5 times in 2 days, only 1 retail message was sent from your side. so you hit who you want , we will do the same.

Not that i have any say on it, but that sounds like the attitude of an alliance looking to be tag killed.

SolidSnake Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 12:52:41

Originally posted by ZIP:
Defends: (24/72/All) 7/9/9 - all from laf

Attacks: (24/72/All) 2/3/3 all to laf

so who is really doing the grabbing here

had more defends then i thought

all hits on that country are retals, and all hits made by that country are topfeeds... so you are doing the grabbing here...

Viceroy Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 12:53:09

NukEvil, since it is an abbreviation, their computer/iPhone/eFridge is probably auto-correcting what it believes to be a misspelled word. Be a grammar nazi if you like. I'll blame technology rather than stupidity in this case and continue to be a Luddite.

Edited By: Viceroy on Jun 17th 2010, 12:54:17
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

NOW3P Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 12:57:06

could also be that the guy is speaking English as a 2nd language....in which case, being a grammer nazi is even more fluffish. Although in this case, I think nuke was just making a joke...

ZIP Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 13:03:39

nope - we don't want to kill anyone, really we don't.

we have no pact and that is from the laf side so you can get land, i understand, but what i am trying to say is why should laf be the ones picking the fat ones/ best returns for them, it works both ways.

Now if we were to send a retail to message to a country for another countries attacks, then i would agree 100% that is wrong. laf is hitting who they want and so are we. that is all. simple as it sounds.

I said too much as it is and would like to extend a hand to laf to resolve this in private.

btw did you see i had 9 defends from laf and 3 to laf. who is the aggressor?

NukEvil Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 13:07:44

Retal isn't even an English word...it's not even a proper abbreviation of an English word. It's a community-based shorthand version of an English word (retaliate, which itself is borrowed from 2 Latin words ("re", which means 'back', and "talio" which means something like 'exact payment').

It's very similar to someone using "turrent" instead of "turret". One of my friends used to do that all the time, and his first language is English. So language has very little to do with what's going on here.

And, I'm not trying to be mean or anything. I'm just letting someone know that they're typing it wrong, is all.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

ZIP Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 13:08:10

ok so you did lol
i got hit from below twice too, you don't see me complaining, up down right left, if you can make the hit go for it. my fault for running too low a defense

L:L is for weak players, try 1:1

and yes i was typing fast i got bizness to do now

torment Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 13:16:34

Just felt like making a silly smartass comment.

retal is 16% faster to type than retail:p

ps: your defend statistics are wrong.

Devestation Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 13:35:46

torment: Those are specifically for Zip's nation, I think.

Mmmmm, retail land at the LaF run walmart. Don't want this land trading to stop, it's actually kinda healthy. But we have post after post after post from member after member after member on the retaliation board that says "ARRRGH STUPID MASSIVE TTR GDIAF!!!". These grabs are pretty much just to prove that LaF has more available to lose than we do, and that they'd be wise to take a pact next set.

BobbyATA Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 14:38:03

I find it somewhat pathetic that RAGE can't retal 445 properly. Its called teamwork. 3 O allies, everyone pumping jets for 48 hours and I would hope you could break anyone in the game. When someone is sitting at 22k land and continuing to hit you I don't see why you wouldn't invest your time and energy into defending your tag in that way. At least make an effort haha.

Hell, if he has attacked you six times in 72 hours, you can bounce 6/8 retals on purpose to lemming him down if you have to and come back 24 hours later when DR wear off.

All that said, what Rage is doing is actually making a decent point, as annoying and childish as it is.

NOW3P Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 14:59:49

yup - one 2k acre PS might convince him to start trying to find land elsewhere, me thinks. Complaining about it on the boards, however, will not.

Devestation Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 15:05:44

Bobby: Don't think we've forgotten about what #455 took :)

Chewi Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 15:52:36

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
I find it somewhat pathetic that RAGE can't retal 445 properly. Its called teamwork. 3 O allies, everyone pumping jets for 48 hours and I would hope you could break anyone in the game. When someone is sitting at 22k land and continuing to hit you I don't see why you wouldn't invest your time and energy into defending your tag in that way. At least make an effort haha.

Hell, if he has attacked you six times in 72 hours, you can bounce 6/8 retals on purpose to lemming him down if you have to and come back 24 hours later when DR wear off.

All that said, what Rage is doing is actually making a decent point, as annoying and childish as it is.

Pretty sure with these tech prices he makes more per turn than 4 Rage countries combined.

BobbyATA Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 16:00:18

and that is not pathetic how exactly?

locket Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 18:37:30

Rage and ely have 25 members... they should indeed be able to retal anyone....given time and effort anyways....its not like they have 6 members :/ SS is a douche sometimes but as someone said above :P the 2k acre ps is a better idea ;)

locket Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 19:44:03

Also its only one country doing this :P

ICe Man

Jun 17th 2010, 19:46:03

Why so much crying about LaF? Learn to run an indy, tyranny techer (would be great right now? :P), or dict farmer or something.

Don't be nooblets.
Thank God, for I'm a blessed man.

Marshal Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 20:03:11

ttr rules with these prices.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

TheORKINMan Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 20:18:35

Not being able to drop land for 72 hours seems like the admins enforcing LaF's policies via ingame code.
Smarter than your average bear.

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 17th 2010, 22:11:58

How is our lack of a pact LaF's doing?

We didn't approach Rage to sign a pact, Rage didn't approach us either. I don't see how that is one side's doing more than the others.

The issue here seems to be land:land retals. LaF has enforced land:land retals on non pacted tags/countries since 2002 or 2003, it isn't a new policy and it isn't going to change.

ZIP Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 23:33:40

if these are all retails then why have i had only 1 retal message?

Dragonlance Game profile

Jun 18th 2010, 0:50:10

how many hits did #455 do on rageely?

our retal policy on non-pacted is 1:1, 3:2, 6:3, 10:4 farm/kill:5 for hits in a 72hr period, I might step away from the world cup for a second and make sure this get's enforced now.

no need to call them out with silly posts on the boards, lets deal with it ingame guys.

SolidSnake Game profile

Jun 18th 2010, 1:35:18

thats interesting DL, because what your saying is, that laf should kill #208, correct?

Chewi Game profile

Jun 18th 2010, 1:46:32

Some of the rage countries have jets!!! They're preparing to hit LaF! =P

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 18th 2010, 1:54:18

arnt escalating retals like that usually for a 24 hour period?

i can imagine countries dying left right and centre if everyone used 72 hour escalating

SolidSnake Game profile

Jun 18th 2010, 1:59:15

Yes, escalating retal policies have always been 24 hour periods, DL is just being deliberately ignorant.

Detmer Game profile

Jun 18th 2010, 2:02:18

Rage should just take it back later with interest!

ZIP Game profile

Jun 18th 2010, 2:03:02

it would be nice if there were a place to "hang" your retal policy for all to read and review. not saying just laf, but everyone.

Chewi Game profile

Jun 18th 2010, 2:03:02

I thought it used to be 48h way back? Or am I just stupid.

Dragonlance Game profile

Jun 18th 2010, 2:04:52

i would have no idea, havn't checked the news for #208.

I thought it would be fairly obvious from the news so far, that we have not gone down this road SS, and would only do so if he continued belligerence, which he appears not to have done.

It would merely mean a ruined netting set for LaF, and a ruined war/fun set for us, as we wouldn't get a decent war, merely a pasting at the hands of 3x the membership.

detmer speaks wisely.

SolidSnake Game profile

Jun 18th 2010, 2:10:23

Good to see i have such a huge influence on rage policy, if pointing out false statements on AT gets me a war i should do it more often.

Incidently, my attitude is a responce to yours, your brought this discussion to at, you made threats against laf, and this while you all whine about bottomfeeding untaggeds out of the game, but then you cant take it when you're grabbed a few times either. Talk about the good old days when not everyone was pacted, and yet at the first sign of inconvenience you cry about laf not giving you a pact. Its pathetic.

Edited By: SolidSnake on Jun 18th 2010, 2:20:31

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 18th 2010, 2:19:46

its always been 24 hours i think chewi laf has had internal 48 hour policys before though which your probably thinking of

Dragonlance Game profile

Jun 18th 2010, 2:48:29

Originally posted by SolidSnake:
Good to see i have such a huge influence on rage policy, if pointing out false statements on AT gets me a war i should do it more often.

Incidently, my attitude is a responce to yours, your brought this discussion to at, you made threats against laf, and this while you all whine about bottomfeeding untaggeds out of the game, but then you cant take it when you're grabbed a few times either. Talk about the good old days when not everyone was pacted, and yet at the first sign of inconvenience you cry about laf not giving you a pact. Its pathetic.

It seems pretty clear that you are the only one trying to provoke a war.

SolidSnake Game profile

Jun 18th 2010, 2:54:52

really? i havnt hit you in 48 hours, am i really trying to prevoke a war?

Devestation Game profile

Jun 18th 2010, 3:44:01

kekekeke he IS #455 :)

Solidsnake: Please quote me, DL or Zip's exact wording where we made any threats. Also, TTR with this many players left is douchey- I'm guessing you also have a rather high influence over LaF's FA department to deliberately leave several smaller clans unpacted so you can go bananas. I will admit that I kinda wish I was you and your country though :P

Orkinman: Thats what I thought.

Also, concerning the 72 hour escalating thingymabob.:

Jun 16/10 1:47:34 AM PS Wangzilla (#455) (LaF) RagLy (#416) (RAGEnELY) 273 A (+423 A)
Jun 16/10 1:47:09 AM PS Wangzilla (#455) (LaF) RAGEnELY4eva (#208) (RAGEnELY) 341 A (+397 A)
Jun 15/10 1:39:14 AM PS Wangzilla (#455) (LaF) But Im Retired (#511) (RAGEnELY) 279 A (+403 A)
Jun 15/10 1:38:03 AM PS Wangzilla (#455) (LaF) RagLy (#416) (RAGEnELY) 278 A (+337 A)
Jun 14/10 1:31:39 AM PS Wangzilla (#455) (LaF) Beastjb Multi 001 (#198) (RAGEnELY) 274 A (+348 A)
Jun 14/10 1:31:07 AM PS Wangzilla (#455) (LaF) Rockster (#524) (RAGEnELY) 281 A (+272 A)

That there is 9 retals assuming 2:3 escalation over a 24 hour period (#455 waited 24 hours each time), and that would be the case if LaF was pacted with RAGE (and I assume is the case for all that pacted with us)- otherwise it's really whatever we decide we could enforce if we wanted to. While 9 retals on him is IMHO way out of our reach, I have no doubt we could simply enforce the 72 hour policy instead (no special treatment unless you came to us earlier to ask for it), and kill him, assuming we decided it was worth it. The third option is the status quo of this random land trading. LaF probably doesn't want to give up it's netting set, and I'm pretty sure RAGE doesn't want to give up our plans (land war fun)- so my guess is that the status quo will remain, at least until someone gets around to grabbing #455 (retal or not).

Gutty Game profile

Jun 18th 2010, 3:59:25

Finally someone else notices how LaF does things!

locket Game profile

Jun 18th 2010, 5:42:22

who knows which were retals and such at this point but yah.... it sure looks like some of wangzilla's hits were for retals of big topfeeds.

Jun 16/10 1:47:09 AM PS Wangzilla (#455) (LaF) RAGEnELY4eva (#208) (RAGEnELY) 341 A (+397 A)

too lazy to look for more but that hit was after a topfeed.

Edited By: locket on Jun 18th 2010, 5:44:03

locket Game profile

Jun 18th 2010, 5:45:33

Originally posted by Dragonlance:
i would have no idea, havn't checked the news for #208.

I thought it would be fairly obvious from the news so far, that we have not gone down this road SS, and would only do so if he continued belligerence, which he appears not to have done.

It would merely mean a ruined netting set for LaF, and a ruined war/fun set for us, as we wouldn't get a decent war, merely a pasting at the hands of 3x the membership.

detmer speaks wisely.

Oh and certain members might enjoy a war ;) a bit more fair of a war then you but meh

Thomas Game profile

Jun 18th 2010, 6:43:43

LaF isn't going to stop the farming, so unless you do something about it (like kill or maim the guy), talking about it accomplishes nothing.

Devestation Game profile

Jun 18th 2010, 9:06:02

Don't really mind if #455 takes retals.

Thomas: We know, the point has been made, we have not forgotten him. Honest :P

locket Game profile

Jun 18th 2010, 18:29:12

lol a threat... fun :P

Marshal Game profile

Jun 18th 2010, 20:22:08

fact not threat.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Kyatoru Game profile

Jun 18th 2010, 20:29:28

Someone from Rage must have old rosters. They should spam recruit old members. :)
+Kya