Verified:

zygotic Game profile

May 24th 2018, 16:18:22

Ruthie

May 24th 2018, 16:50:12

Originally posted by NTL:
I remember Solaria . . .

which server had the ghost buster dude ... solaria?

I've been here since 1997
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Z LCN

May 27th 2018, 3:16:16

1999 - with a very large break in the middle

Kelts Game profile

May 27th 2018, 19:18:41

Call that old? Your still a newb Z.

The Norseman Game profile

May 28th 2018, 9:37:42

Like NTL I'm back from the days when it was Solaria, started somewhere pre 95

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

May 30th 2018, 7:51:40

Not to correct anyone.....but the only Earth pre 95 was on the BBS servers. The first Alpha games were early 96, Beta games were through August, and the first actual set on Solaria was Sept of 96.

I was there with 250 (or 5) of my closest friends.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

May 30th 2018, 8:34:44

I started when it was still a BBS game, that's when I met Santa Claws
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

May 30th 2018, 8:47:53

Originally posted by archaic:
I remember when you had to put your tag in your country name and when countries could not be killed, just almost killed. I guess that was a long time ago.

I also remember tag name embedding into country names, You had to be more creative then, LOL

I also remember the original rules of warfare, you had to declare war on any country you wanted to landgrab, and the state of war had to be maintained for 3 days, you could buy missiles on the market, when you attacked someone, your news report would include which allies of theirs sent military to aid in their defense, and when they attacked you, their allies who aided in the attack would appear on your news report.
In addition to that, if you were technologically and economically superior to your target, some of their military would defect to your country, and this would also include them attempting to landgrab you, if you successfully repelled them, some of their military would defect to your country,

The game was more difficult for netters then though, mostly because of the declaration rule, and at the time, you only had three countries you could be declared on at any one time, and if you used them right, you could get in a landgrab a day, easily. But, if you did it that way, it wasn't worth grabbing land from a tiny little country, because the payoff wasn't big enough, forced players to actually compete in their own scores lists, which led to pansies screaming that they were "Topfed" before that even became a term in the game.

You could certainly kill countries, but you had to do a landkill which greatly increased the difficulty of "killing" a country. Especially when the DR got factored in. I remember I was in a personal fight with the OOA alliance and they almost got me dead, but I found an LaF country in my scores list that had no defenses, was 100% jets, and I PS'ed it for almost 4.5K acres while I was in DR at like 5 or 6 acres per strike, and there was no way possible for them to kill me without lots of turns being used. LOL It turned out to be Blubb's Country, Sorry bro.

Blubb logged on and tried to hit me back before checking my news, got the DR rate back, and melted down my message box. hehehe It was an interesting first meeting anyway.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Kat Game profile

May 30th 2018, 15:38:54

Can I still claim baby status? Cause I refuse to be old. Kthx.

Ruthie

May 31st 2018, 0:44:50

Originally posted by Cerberus:
Originally posted by archaic:
I remember when you had to put your tag in your country name and when countries could not be killed, just almost killed. I guess that was a long time ago.

I also remember tag name embedding into country names, You had to be more creative then, LOL.

I still use the old Ragnarok 1e tag from time to time

Ruth1ess
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Ruthie

May 31st 2018, 17:02:30

martian gave my body back years ago

his basement was way too drafty and damp and messy :P
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Ruths Body

May 31st 2018, 17:11:14