Verified:

SYSTEM GLITCH Game profile

Nov 10th 2018, 5:55:53

I used to play back in the day. I wrote strats, used to train people, led brigades and even an alliance for a brief time when the leader had to deal with real life. Was once voted "Player you hate the most, but still want in your alliance" in the forums... only 20 years more mature and down to earth.

Let's see, if memory serves I used to play a tech reselling strat (TTR?) and sometimes a money making republic strat I have no idea what acronym that was.

I would love to be given a decent proven strat to follow and just grow fat and juicy again.

Let me know if you are interested and what steps to take to join. Thanks!

Crackhead Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2018, 6:27:59

suicider bot

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2018, 6:41:40

on the chance you arnt a suicider ill answer somewhat seriously

i hear stones is the current alliance growing the most with a lot of new members

233 Turning ON my inner sychopath 477 7,642 acres $4,443,756 M 581 0 STONES
268 I was netting SoL 478 6,413 acres $3,705,523 T 578 0 STONES
412 Rise 480 2,988 acres $1,157,505 M 387 0 STONES
411 And yet I survive 481 2,098 acres $1,189,875 M 567 0 STONES

but if you want a place to net the usual suspects are laf, nm, omega, evo, and maybe pdm, not sure how much they war

the rest dont really net, im in laf personally

as to strat or getting back in the game, i found express server to be the best way

sets last 5 days and run every week so its really fast to make mistakes and try things out, there about 25 bots there i think, so some land availability and a gdi mode that prevents most griefing

but sets are short in turns think its 1800 express (basically old tourney) vs 4800 alliance/ffa

the easiest place to get fat and get farmed the least is ffa, its late in the set now but there are 500? bots there and very few people hit them so you could maybe even average 1k a hit land on them

with the way the games changed strats dont really matter any more since you dont want to be grabbing at turn 100, which was the old reason you wanted to get 20k jet/turret with as much indy and cs as possible to grow fast

and at various times run cash start to not spend turns teching and converting, which can vary drastically between fast and slow based on keeping pop and pci growing at max each turn

or tech start at times when tech was super high, think 8k a point for weeks

casher for when there was 0 land available, and tech start for war sets or when there was some land

Nov 10th 2018, 18:14:08

What is a suicide bot?

The game doesn't really feel open to new players now. Is it just a few people left with no interest in outsiders joining? I guess I was expecting more of what I experienced in the past.

Edited By: SYSTEM GLITCH on Nov 10th 2018, 18:17:21
See Original Post

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2018, 18:40:35

theres a bunch of people playing in the alliance server griefing/suiciding people still playing over past slights/wrongs

alliances are actually happy to have totally new players join them but theres always a fear that its just a suicider hiding under a new name

the old game had a lot of new players, multies, and bots but not everyone realised

alliance server is always going to be the most extreme server to play on but also the best place to get better and have real competition

since i forgot to actually tell you how to join

to join laf you go to:
here to apply
http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...pplication.php?clanID=LaF
here to login
http://www.boxcarhosting.com/public/login.php

the main difference of laf to other alliances is we want to see your game profile to make sure you havnt been suiciding us in the last few sets since people apply under fake names then suicide

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2018, 18:41:41

also keep in mind the alliance set is half over, so although you can join it would just be learning for next set really, 1 month away

primary started pretty recently that you could catch up

but express is good in that a new one starts each week

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2018, 18:50:34

join LaF!

http://apply.lafamiglia-ee.eu we are always looking for new people that want to have some fun.
Don of LaF

Nov 10th 2018, 18:56:19

Yeah I just find myself with a lot of free time now, and thought this might be a nice way to fill in some of it. I'll definitely check out the express, that looks like a great way to get up to speed. That said, I always enjoyed the drama of Alliance and often find myself smiling at some of the memories I gained there.

Thanks for the response guys!

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2018, 19:02:46

i always enjoyed coming back late set to alliance personally

no pressure and get to laugh at random hits or suicides on me and hit enemies

Drunken Squirrel Game profile

Nov 10th 2018, 19:05:03

Originally posted by SYSTEM GLITCH:
What is a suicide bot?

The game doesn't really feel open to new players now. Is it just a few people left with no interest in outsiders joining? I guess I was expecting more of what I experienced in the past.

A suicide bot is a script thst idles on irc watching all of the land fat countries get fatter until they get ready to destock then it sounds an alarm to notify somebody somewhere that it should be attacked.

The game isn't even really open to old players. Not sure how thorough their IP Banning campaign has been, but it was probably effective in removing the most offensive and insensitive posters. Well, there is this: https://www.bbc.com/news/health-46118103 maybe everybody is just busy trying to figure out how to make babies. If only it could be done in a test tube...

Hmm, i remember somebody who was effective at running TTR, but well it was because they cheated.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2018, 19:31:58

I used to play back in the day. I wrote strats, used to train people, led brigades and even an alliance for a brief time when the leader had to deal with real life. Was once voted "Player you hate the most, but still want in your alliance" in the forums... only 20 years more mature and down to earth.

Let's see, if memory serves I used to play a tech reselling strat (TTR?) and sometimes a money making republic strat I have no idea what acronym that was.

I would love to be given a decent proven strat to follow and just grow fat and juicy again.

Let me know if you are interested and what steps to take to join. Thanks!

A lot of us have been around this game since the late 90s, what was your name and clan you claim to have led?

BTW welcome back :-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Marshal Game profile

Nov 10th 2018, 20:46:32

join evolution, https://evolution2025.com
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

DruncK Game profile

Nov 10th 2018, 21:02:33

LaF is ranked too high

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 11th 2018, 13:52:55

Originally posted by enshula:

alliance server is always going to be the most extreme server to play on but also the best place to get better and have real competition

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah hehehehe hehehehe Whooo! Now that was a real laugher there, Enshula. Real Competition in the Alliance game? Serially?
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 11th 2018, 14:41:04

there were at least 3 really good countries this set

probably a dozen or so at a decent standard, if im going for number one thats a decent amount

more than id expect on other servers

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Nov 11th 2018, 20:47:34

lar
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 11th 2018, 22:32:05

Originally posted by Cerberus:

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah hehehehe hehehehe Whooo! Now that was a real laugher there, Enshula. Real Competition in the Alliance game? Serially?

Have you ever ended over 100m nw?
Don of LaF

Nov 11th 2018, 22:38:48

Originally posted by Drunken Squirrel:

Hmm, i remember somebody who was effective at running TTR, but well it was because they cheated.

Well I might have my acronym wrong, it's been 20 years. I just remember playing a tech reseller quite well.

mrcuban Game profile

Nov 11th 2018, 22:55:41

Come join us in PDM - :) You can shoot me a forum pm if you haven't joined one of the others already,

Garry Owen Game profile

Nov 12th 2018, 4:31:25

RAGE is always open to old RAGERS, and even to actual new players! We just had Insanity wander back after.... well a hella long time! Shoot me a PM if your interested in what RAGE is doing...

Invictus Game profile

Nov 12th 2018, 5:06:30

Is it too late in set to join a clan?

Makinso Game profile

Nov 12th 2018, 12:25:11

Well I might have my acronym wrong, it's been 20 years. I just remember playing a tech reseller quite well.

60% of the people in that time era cheated?

Nov 12th 2018, 16:09:03

Originally posted by Makinso:

60% of the people in that time era cheated?

There were cheaters and cheater clans like RED, but I think most people didn't cheat. For the most part, people tend to be honest I find.

Has tech reseller not been a valid strat for a long time now or something? There was a point it was often the strongest strat in the game along with casher strats.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 12th 2018, 16:44:49

Yeah TTR was the strongest strat back in maybe like 99-04 perhaps and then when grabbing became harder because the game shrank it started favoring tyr techer to demo techer(tyr grabs more effectively than theo and demo has higher income/acre/turn) and Republic casher (because it could grab for longer and still had a very good income/acre/turn).

Oil was introduced at some point and didn't make an impact much on netting, but when they made it so you can burn oil to get a bigger private market oil started having an actual value lategame, that paved the way for fascist farmer oiler hybrids and pure oilers, since there was now a demand for oil outside war and after people stopped grabbing for the reset, this also made the oil market more stable for warring people which is good for the game. But the oil burning is slightly imbalanced in that it makes oil a bit too valuable most of the time.

Techer can win these days, and so can casher although a casher has not won a competetive netting reset in like 4 years and only one techer has. FFO(fascist farmer oiler) reigns supreme 95% of the time.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 12th 2018, 17:15:44

Get fat and win.

Nov 12th 2018, 17:18:11

Interesting, looks like I have a lot to learn.

I think I remember oil being introduced to the game, but it's impact was negligible at the time.

So what exactly is oil for, if you dont mind my asking. What is oil burning?

And yeah, you are not wrong about the techer strat. It was fully dependent upon land grabbing. Get as much as you can, tech out every turn possible, sell and buy what you need. There were thousands of countries at the time, so there was never a shortage of people to attack. It looks like now exploring strats might be a lot more viable than they used to be.

Edited By: SYSTEM GLITCH on Nov 12th 2018, 17:21:46. Reason: additional thoughts
See Original Post

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 12th 2018, 17:25:04

Surf the wiki some:

https://wiki.earthempires.com/index.php/Oil

Oil is used by your military forces when attacking. It costs 1 barrel of oil for every 25 military units (troops, jets and tanks) sent into battle. Oil can be purchased on the public market, or produced with oil rigs. There is no type of technology to produce more oil. Fascist governments produce +75% more oil per rig than other governments.
Oil can only be bought and sold on the express server private market.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 12th 2018, 18:28:07

"tech out every turn possible"

in some ways it was really the opposite of that, tech as few turns as possible, some people leeched all tech from allies only even

20k by turn 1200 fully built from memory was the general rule of thumb to win as techer

i was never a good techer player though

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 12th 2018, 20:09:32

Originally posted by Mr Gainsboro:
Originally posted by Cerberus:

Have you ever ended over 100m nw?

I don't know, I've probably come close in one of the solo servers a time or two, I just play to have fun and build "The most powerful" country. You know the kind, the ones that take land from enemies in their scores list while killing the guys ranked above him. :) Generally, I can reach fairly high up with what I build, so that limits an enemies chances to avoid the consequences. :)
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

GASCONADE Game profile

Nov 14th 2018, 22:58:56

Welcome back to the Earth 2025

As you see by all the posts; we're a friendly bunch.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 14th 2018, 23:59:55

ASSGRENADE!

:P
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 15th 2018, 2:26:43

Originally posted by Requiem:
Get fat and win.

You are like soviet now...loser :P

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

GASCONADE Game profile

Nov 15th 2018, 14:57:06

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
ASSGRENADE!

😂

:P

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 15th 2018, 22:08:22

PS is new.

Zuraw And Servant formerly of LCN in that era started it this set.

Welcome to msg me if interested.
Z is #1

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 15th 2018, 22:09:35

PS is new.

Zuraw And Servant formerly of LCN in that era started it this set.

Welcome to msg me if interested.
Z is #1

jailed man Game profile

Nov 23rd 2018, 5:46:03

any nation can join my clan