Verified:

llaar Game profile

May 6th 2010, 23:29:48

Dearest Paradigm members,

I was taught most of what I know of policies and rules, by Paradigm, where I played for a solid 2 years, most of which was as a leader. One of the things taught, was of course, retal policy. I learned what Land:Land was, and I learned that L:L ended when you made a failed, defended attack. I learned that when you retal someone, you have to send a retal message. If you didn't, it was considered a landgrab. These were things I messed up on like most n00bs do, and the proper rules were taught to me.

Since then, of course, I now have been running NA for good solid 5 years, during which time, what I learned as a n00bie has directed the course of my leadership and training of my members as well. A few sets ago Paradigm wanted to drop our FDP down to an LDP. For years I have chatted with paradigm members for fun, been their friends, wanting to know what they're up to. I don't do that to the same extent with any other clan in this game. So yes, when I was approached for a downgrade, I was hurt, and I said f it, and we haven't had a pact since.

That brings us to the current set. A set in which Paradigm has become rather grab happy. End of last set, we decided we'd kill anyone who annoyed us enough with their grabbing, and teach them a lesson. We'd become tired of smaller clans feeding off our members without recourse. Over the past couple weeks, I kept reading posts by my members, really upset about how Paradigm would spy them for days, and then grab them for their land. Multiple posts. I went to news checking and confirmed the validity of my member's concerns, Paradigm certainly was hitting us more than anyone else, and hitting enough to cause concern.

So, my personal actions were to send a message, grab three all-x fat, low defense netters, and then pump 10 million turrets into my commie indy. Two can certainly play the grabbing game. I was retalled, and it was defended. Remember that a defended hit ends L:L. This is what Paradigm had taught me many years ago. I was sent a retal message. Great, I expected one. Happy happy joy joy, I just got away with taking some land and they failed their retal! And maybe Paradigm would see the point I was trying to make? Or maybe not, as one of those I hit, went and grabbed other members, telling me ingame that if he can't retal me, he will hit my other members. I think he didn't know that I hit him, because of his other fellow members. Now, thats still all good. I suppose. Until then I was land grabbed again, and sent a message "HELLO MY NAME IS WARI." This was not a retal message (but they weren't owed a retal anyway, since the L:L had ended on a defended hit). Ok great, so their ex-VP just grabbed me, how do I feel about this? Not sure. So I didn't do anything. But, then the next day I login and get this message, and I quote "if some is good, more is better." Well then, this guy thinks he can just take and take! Me thinks not! NA's retal policy with unpacted is 1:1 escalating retals. So 3 retals for his 2 landgrabs were owed. I sent the 3 retals, and messaged the Paradigm member, wari, and informed him that I was taking my 3 retals for his 2 attacks, and i pasted in the news, and I ended the message telling him that if he had any concerns, to have his FA department contact me. All fine and dandy, I thought. But alas, the following day, I logged in to see yet another landgrab! I sent him another 2 retals, explained that he had retaled my retal, and pasted in the relevant news, and let him know to contact my FA department if there was a problem. I still was trying to be cordial and civil and retal according to all the policies I know and have followed for the past 8 years. And then, this Paradigm member hit me yet again, without any explanation. Even during this, other Netters Anonymous members continued to be landgrabbed by Paradigm.

There were no attempts to contact me via forum messaging, boxcar message, online messengers, or via an alliance talk thread asking for me. That is, until it was brought to my attention that I should check alliance talk for a thread made by The Arabian Nightmare. This thread throws out some accusations, starts some arguements, et cetera. It did not just simple ask for my contact, so that the matter could be settled privately. What that thread did for me, was confirm that Paradigm would be our war target this set. It was definitely the final straw. You can't grab us all set, retal all wrong, and then post flamatory messages about us on public message boards without any recourse.

Netters Anonymous Declares War on Paradigm

We can still be friends in the future, you just need to treat us as such.

Cordially,

llaar
Netters Anonymous President

Hobo Game profile

May 6th 2010, 23:30:48

/gets popcorn

Klown Game profile

May 6th 2010, 23:31:27

OH MY GOSH! NA HIT A CLAN HALF THEIR SIZE!!! COWARDS!!! Etc. etc. whatever else all the NA trolls said about SOL.

NOW3P Game profile

May 6th 2010, 23:33:08

For all the PDM'ers that don't have a long enough attention span for that wall o' text, it says:

We no like u, u dai n0w!

TAN Game profile

May 6th 2010, 23:33:19

Wow that was long.

I did contact mrford on multiple occasions. Or does ford not count as a qualified leader to end things?

By the way, we (as most of the server) goes by escalating retals for non-pacted clans. So your point of a DH cancelling l:l is moot.

Good luck with the war.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

dagga Game profile

May 6th 2010, 23:36:04

What about EE admins vs NA warstats?

EE - 10 kills
NA - 0 kills

:(
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Klown Game profile

May 6th 2010, 23:37:41

EE Staff are clearly members of PDM.

Hobo Game profile

May 6th 2010, 23:38:50

Damn instant kills too. EE Staff = pro warmongers.

wari Game profile

May 6th 2010, 23:38:58

Oh, you thought TGD's fail got you off?

You thought the 72h retal window on muliple grabs closed because (one) of the several retals due on you bounced?

You're not as dumb as you're acting.

TAN Game profile

May 6th 2010, 23:38:59

Heh.

Oh well, at least this saves me the trouble of writing a war dec. ;)
FREEEEEDOM!!!

snawdog Game profile

May 6th 2010, 23:40:30

**revokes Now3p's def pact offer in Express** :)
GL to us and let's do'er!
ICQ 364553524
msn

Deerhunter Game profile

May 6th 2010, 23:42:06

Confirmed- EE Staffers are members of PDM...
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

Drinks Game profile

May 6th 2010, 23:42:56

o0o0o im all excited. PARTY!
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

Deerhunter Game profile

May 6th 2010, 23:43:32

So, now your war dec is out- NA- im offering up my services to you as your police... Should anyone not involved in this war make any hit or grabs against NA- i will personally retail them. Klown- VP of NA will be along shortly to confirm.
I shall fear no retals,

Klown Game profile

May 6th 2010, 23:44:37

Confirmed.

PraetorNLS Game profile

May 6th 2010, 23:46:53

GO OIL !
Praetor - disqualified from the human race for being three laps ahead in the second round.

dagga Game profile

May 6th 2010, 23:47:32

PS. Defended hits do not end land:land you complete moron..

What do you think land to land really means??? If you hit my country for 1000 acres and because of diminishing returns it takes 8 hits to get my land back, it does not mean land:land is over if I fail the 5th hit..

What a tool.
signatures are stupid.

Thunder Game profile

May 6th 2010, 23:51:17

See thats where you're the moron... DH when doing L:L retals have always ended the L:L retal. you must have been gone or never actually ran a country worth grabbing to not know that.
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

wari Game profile

May 6th 2010, 23:52:48

No, you made that up.

dagga Game profile

May 6th 2010, 23:52:53

Yeah, just like not sending a retal message means its not a retal.

Clutching at straws here. At least it takes the attention off having 15% of your alliance deleted for cheating 'issue'.
signatures are stupid.

snawdog Game profile

May 6th 2010, 23:54:09

Diversionary tactics! ehhh...
ICQ 364553524
msn

TAN Game profile

May 6th 2010, 23:55:46

Regardless of whether DHs cancel l:l, the thing is that retal policy for unpacted clans is escalating, so it doesn't even fluffing matter.

So stop arguing about it, guys. Either way, we all know that their rationale is bullfluff.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Drinks Game profile

May 6th 2010, 23:56:58

@Dagga
So u saying that if you got L:L.

You can do 80 defends, and then 5 hits to get your L:L and thats fine?

Edited By: Drinks on May 6th 2010, 23:57:39
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

lolicon Game profile

May 7th 2010, 0:01:21

L:L isn't the standard for unpacted countries... it's 1:1 escalating (or so i thought)

So this was is a giant misunderstanding... well, should be fun to watch nonetheless.
Just because they're young, fictional, and two-dimensional does not make it wrong!

NOW3P Game profile

May 7th 2010, 0:02:32

lol snaw - I don't have a def pact offer from you, I don't think

snawdog Game profile

May 7th 2010, 0:03:22

2:1 with the fs..yea fun for some(me included)

Edited By: snawdog on May 7th 2010, 0:03:42
ICQ 364553524
msn

mrford Game profile

May 7th 2010, 0:04:16

the war dec states, we were planning on killing the first unpacted clan that grabbed us a bunch

PDM won that honor

nothing more
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

wari Game profile

May 7th 2010, 0:04:23

Yeah, L:L does go out the window on multiple attacks.

Two random grabs bring three retals, three random grabs bring five or six.

Bounces count toward the total. But you want to act like you can buy 15m turrets and get off on the first bounce?

Child, please.

TAN Game profile

May 7th 2010, 0:04:37

actually, NA started saying they only accepted 1:1 towards the end.

basically, they were doing whatever they wanted and called it an official policy.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

dagga Game profile

May 7th 2010, 0:06:13

Drinks - yes you dumbass.. L:L is there for a reason.
signatures are stupid.

wari Game profile

May 7th 2010, 0:06:34

ford: it would be nice if the (female reproductive organ) in charge of your alliance would just say so. because THAT explanation makes sense. but you're not llaar, so your role in NA is meaningless.

UncleC Game profile

May 7th 2010, 0:07:15

This thread had such promise. :(
NA - Lazy ass DL
Lords

Son Goku Game profile

May 7th 2010, 0:08:21

It's always nice to see alliances war over actual reasons.

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 7th 2010, 0:09:38

My message to PDM is... don't screw around starting to grab people who are better grabbers than you, it will come back to haunt you.

You took LaF and NA off DNH.... two of the best grabbing alliances in the game and two alliances that always ensure they come out ahead. What the hell did you expect to happen? :p
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires' Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Sir Balin Game profile

May 7th 2010, 0:09:52

Llaar, sincerely hope this was written in a spirit of comedy. Having shared that time back in PDM with you, I have to assume this is the case. As wari said, you're not as dumb as you sound (that's a compliment, and not backhanded either).

I think the kicker is, "Remember that a defended hit ends L:L. This is what Paradigm had taught me many years ago." Oh, so many years ago. If you and your FA department operate on 7-year old retal policies (the stuff that many would claim helped kill off the earth community), then you deserve readers to interpret your war dec seriously, revealing that you are, in fact, an asshat.

edited to say I also admire the creativity of your "you must send a message otherwise it's not a retal" policy.

Edited By: Sir Balin on May 7th 2010, 0:12:10

wari Game profile

May 7th 2010, 0:10:56

It is a compliment, and he knows it's true.

snawdog Game profile

May 7th 2010, 0:18:18

Anyone wanna FA me?
[edit below]

oops, i thought this was irc....eheheh

Edited By: snawdog on May 7th 2010, 0:18:56
ICQ 364553524
msn

dagga Game profile

May 7th 2010, 0:20:53

Anyone who uses 'n00b' and 'n00bies' in a war dec is either slow or 15.
signatures are stupid.

Deerhunter Game profile

May 7th 2010, 0:20:57

i got to go with Thunder on this one- its my understanding that if you DH on a retail- that ends any and all other retails...
LL or not... That said- who gives a fluf why- lets just have a good clean war and ill be here policing all the retails...
I shall fear no retals,

wari Game profile

May 7th 2010, 0:21:04

What I like the most is the obvious flip flop.....

The first claim was that my attacks were NOT retals specifically BECAUSE "I didn't send a retal message". This was your stance, correct? Absolutely.

NOW you want to say that my attacks weren't retals because they came after a failed attack, and therefore could NOT BE retals.

So, just to be clear.....your story up until now is that I was retalled because i DIDN'T SEND A RETAL MESSAGE for the attacks that could have NEVER BEEN VALID RETALS............given your newfound stance.

Make it up as you go along. That way it is never wrong!

Edited By: wari on May 7th 2010, 0:22:01

dagga Game profile

May 7th 2010, 0:23:03

Deerhunter - what's a retail? Is it different from a retal?

Does a retail allow you to hit pacted alliances?
signatures are stupid.

TGD Game profile

May 7th 2010, 0:25:14

This game will die alone with earth lol

there will be nothing but all exlorers and everyone will leave the game

NA will continue to allow its members to tripple tap and then kill any alliance that doesn't follow its rules

NA you are a shell of your former self and you to llaar, i'm glad you allowed your members to ignore a DNH and continue to tripple tap RoR and then declare war on an alliance half your size, your leadership sucks

have a nice day :)

Edited By: TGD on May 7th 2010, 0:29:15

TAN Game profile

May 7th 2010, 0:26:11

they didn't ignore a DNH. it was one sided.

but that is not an excuse for their behavior.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Klown Game profile

May 7th 2010, 0:26:59

"NA you have being a shell of your former self"

Yeah, only 14% of them cheat now instead of 50%

Walding Game profile

May 7th 2010, 0:27:19

Go NA Go NA Go NA

dagga Game profile

May 7th 2010, 0:28:21

Originally posted by Klown:
"NA you have being a shell of your former self"

Yeah, only 14% of them cheat now instead of 50%

LMAO
signatures are stupid.

NOW3P Game profile

May 7th 2010, 0:28:51

waaa waaa waaa.....stfu and fight already.

(looks like we have an AB CS to look forward to) :-)

dagga Game profile

May 7th 2010, 0:29:40

NOW3P, didn't you get deleted?
signatures are stupid.

TGD Game profile

May 7th 2010, 0:32:18

you know...funny thing is

if NA just retalled all the hits on them

they would of gained a lot of land and had a great finish through ghost acres

retals = safeist way to gain a lot of land especally through ghost acres, someone should tell NA that :D

Hobo Game profile

May 7th 2010, 0:32:46

50th post