Verified:

TGD Game profile

Jun 29th 2010, 18:36:57

Originally posted by Forgotten:
TGD,

the new facebook app will suggest for new players to play solo servers, that is where we would 'recruit' from. People will stray to alliance server, but unless you have a fool proof method or suggestion, all your doing is pointing fingers, remember, you point one finger at someone, your pointing three back at yourself

Detmer,

Trust me, I would know if those hits were part of it, or wasn't. And they are.

ICQ me

Ummm i didn't farm untags and don't double tap alliances so no, i'm not pointing fingers at myself

you don't like the truth tough. Players will come here with no idea and get farmed regarldless.

If players do come here, guess what? nothing will change, large alliances WILL farm smaller alliances and all those players will just dissapear and we will be right back where we were

alliances HAVE to stop farming that is one of the main problems

Alliances HAVE to start being more FAIR instead of changing policies every week to better suit them

if you don't think that is the problem you sir are a royal idiot.

Farming an alliance causes that alliance to either 1)dissapear or 2)suiside on you

Then you all royally fluff when you get suisided on

So what has this turned into? Farm then kill, Farm then kill, Farm then kill and once again a fluff way to keep any players in the alliance server or the game itself

Forgotten1

Jun 29th 2010, 19:11:47

Forgotten is off in China fighting Dragons, if he survives, he'll reply.
Other then that, contact a LaF FR type person.
Forgotten
ICQ 43083642
MSN

Detmer Game profile

Jun 29th 2010, 19:17:47

Originally posted by Forgotten:
Forgotten is off in China fighting Dragons, if he survives, he'll reply.
Other then that, contact a LaF FR type person.

Why would we contact a LaF FR? It's not like I have an FR issue or am even accusing LaF of being any different than any number of alliances which I believe to be destroying the server.

Detmer Game profile

Jun 29th 2010, 19:18:04

PS, have fun in China.

Forgotten1

Jun 29th 2010, 19:18:43

Then contact a LaF Don. Jeez

I'll make sure I bring back some Dragon's toes for the secret formula
Forgotten
ICQ 43083642
MSN

AoS Game profile

Jun 29th 2010, 20:13:40

Originally posted by Detmer:
How would that change anything? Just because there is nothing prohibiting you from attacking doesn't mean we won't come up with our own political system that stops that...

I didn't say it was a GOOD suggestion. Maybe a better one would be that people need to stop being pansies, and start attacking each other.
The dreamer is banished to obscurity.

locket Game profile

Jun 29th 2010, 20:14:53

Perhaps laf killed it for someone else? There are plenty of reasons to do things

locket Game profile

Jun 29th 2010, 20:15:40

oh and you can say all you want about farming untaggeds, but I call BS on anyone who says they havnt gotten a recruiting message at the very least from llaar already and had a chance to join somewhere

Forgotten1

Jun 29th 2010, 21:10:48

locket, i disapprove of your ignorance of my personal spamming.

thus, I'm spamming your country, email, instant messengers, boxcar account, and snail mail as well.

maybe text on cell phone too once i find a reliable free sms website.
Forgotten
ICQ 43083642
MSN

Detmer Game profile

Jun 29th 2010, 21:13:08

Originally posted by locket:
oh and you can say all you want about farming untaggeds, but I call BS on anyone who says they havnt gotten a recruiting message at the very least from llaar already and had a chance to join somewhere

If some random guy messages you out of the blue do you think you are going to jump on it instantly? Some people will, some people won't. Some people don't understand the implications of being in a tag. By the time they do they will know this game to be a place where you are relentlessly attacked and can't get ahead. Clearly a new player will get attacked. Farmed the way they do though? That is unnecessary.

machwell Game profile

Jun 29th 2010, 22:35:23

I've recruited several LaFers from untagged/spam tags by first GDI farming them for 3 days and then sending a recruiting message afterwards saying that this will never ever happen to them again if they join us :)

Detmer Game profile

Jun 30th 2010, 0:31:34

Originally posted by machwell:
I've recruited several LaFers from untagged/spam tags by first GDI farming them for 3 days and then sending a recruiting message afterwards saying that this will never ever happen to them again if they join us :)

I'd ask for names to prove you wrong, but I suppose they would have to join GDI first =P

Dragonlance Game profile

Jun 30th 2010, 0:43:24

Until LaF man's the hell up and gets the balls to reply here, instead of directing people to private conversations, i'm going to assume that the reason that they are directing people to private conversations is that they have something big to hide.

Rey Game profile

Jun 30th 2010, 1:18:21

Originally posted by Dragonlance:
that they have something big to hide.

I get that a lot

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 30th 2010, 1:20:23

reply here to what?

Dragonlance Game profile

Jun 30th 2010, 1:20:46

I was waiting for someone to drop it like it was hot.

I was referring to the infamous pang wang.

Forgotten1

Jun 30th 2010, 1:40:50

I do not believe that LaF has to answer to anyone, especially on AT.

If you want answers, talk to a LaF FR type person.

Forgotten
ICQ 43083642
MSN

Sethra

Jun 30th 2010, 1:57:56

I don't think that new people from the game going live on FB will have nearly as hard of a time on alliance as everyone seems to be fearing. Considering the social nature of the site, I can't see many people remaining untagged for long, even if it means a tag of two or three friends.

I actually have this feeling that if it is popular enough, what we will actually see is several new alliances made up of droves of kids trying to have a bigger alliance than someone else they know. I watched it happen in many a clan/guild/tag based FB game back when I was on the site. Maybe FB makes peer pressure easier? Dunno. *shrug*

That being said, yeah, the prospect of being farmed to death for being untagged and knowing no one in any of the tags (so no basis to choose a tag by) is what kept me away from this server until Pang and co put up EE.

BobbyATA Game profile

Jun 30th 2010, 2:03:54

are there honestly "new players" in Earth empires right now that LaF ios running off by farming them btw?.

I assume any untagged is just someone running a landfarm for the server for fun (i've done this multiple sets myself), someone out for blood to suicide for something that has happened in the past (and is usually unconcerned by the poeple who grab them on their way to this mission) or really I dunno wtf the untaggeds are doing, but my assumption is usually that they are not new players..

TheORKINMan Game profile

Jun 30th 2010, 2:15:24

I would imagine that yes there are new players in Earth to some extent. This is just one of the misguided justifications bottom feeders use so they can be okay with acting like fags. Not unsimilar to the types of mental justifications RD used to use.

Unless he was running negative spyops or something similar there was no reason for what happened to 182 to have happened. Now I don't know exactly what DID happen so I'm not going to crucify LaF over it but some of the attitudes on display here are signs of true jerkiness and not just farcical jerkiness like me.
Smarter than your average bear.

BobbyATA Game profile

Jun 30th 2010, 2:25:08

the only way I could see a new player joining this game right now would be as a friend of a current player. And in that case I would assume they would play in the recruiter's alliance.

Anyways, its not a justification for bottomfeeding for me personally. i'd bottomfeed anyways, its just a point I'd like to throw out there=)

TheORKINMan Game profile

Jun 30th 2010, 2:32:57

That was my point when you called me a terrorist though BobbyATA. If you want to claim they need to deal with it because it's a dog eat dog world then YOU need to get over it and not whine when I bring the pain on you for pissing me off ;)

BobbyATA Game profile

Jun 30th 2010, 2:46:46

And my point was that you were threatening the entire server with suicide and PDM was letting you stay in there tag. Generally a tag that likes to remain respectable and politically meaningful doesn't let members suicide on other clans. I gathered from that thread that PDM no longer desires to be a respected clan.

My problem wasn't with suiciding at all, or even really with you. From a game standpoint I think that, yes, suiciding is way overpowered, but there is nothing in game rules against it. So if you suicide on someone Orkin more power to you. I have suicided myself in the past on multiple clans. I regret each time I have done it, but I wouldn't hesitate to suicide on a clan given the right circumstances again...

My point was that if you say all set you will suicide on someone (and even go further at times to say it will be somewhat arbitrary who), PDM does nothing to reign you in, and then finally you do suicide on someone then PDM loses basically all credibility as an alliance...Respectable alliances don't "sponsor" suiciders (or terrorists (I thougth that was a catchier word))

TheORKINMan Game profile

Jun 30th 2010, 2:57:49

That depends on what you consider "respectable". One could argue that "respectable" alliances don't farm people to death either.

Dragonlance Game profile

Jun 30th 2010, 3:26:19

possibly why your driving players away from the game forgotten?

especially considering you lost the plot when i made a simple post on your recruitment thread.

Why anyone would join LaF after seeing the news on #182 is beyond me.

Dragonlance Game profile

Jun 30th 2010, 3:37:46

why would you get farmed by laf, then join laf, to receive the inevitable suicide revenge attack on you, since your country is prob the smallest in laf and easiest to hit?

:p

General TwizTid

Jul 1st 2010, 10:03:17

Why am I going to join a clan that just farmed the fluff out of me and sent a recruitment message when I can suicide on them because I am a new player?
General TwizTid
NBK HFA - FFA
EEVIL Member - Alliance
MSN:
yahoo:
#nbk on irc.gamesurge.net
http://nbk.boxcarhosting.com
[01:37] <@Gambit> if it has a hole, ill fill it!

Detmer Game profile

Jul 1st 2010, 13:43:48

Originally posted by General TwizTid:
Why am I going to join a clan that just farmed the fluff out of me and sent a recruitment message when I can suicide on them because I am a new player?

Because you'd rather join a gang than use your backbone to stand up for yourself? ;)

Edited By: Detmer on Jul 1st 2010, 13:44:10. Reason: and -> than
See Original Post

Detmer Game profile

Jul 1st 2010, 17:22:59

Originally posted by Earth Watcher:
You are a new player so your country and skill is not enough to even phase a netgainer country?

When you suicide you will be instagibed and likely leave the server.

You join the alliance that farmed you, they teach you to play and you enjoy the game.

I feel like some people believe game enjoyment is linearly related to networth... I don't think people felt that way when there were a lot of players...

General TwizTid

Jul 1st 2010, 22:25:32

You are a new player so your country and skill is not enough to even phase a netgainer country?

When you suicide you will be instagibed and likely leave the server.

You join the alliance that farmed you, they teach you to play and you enjoy the game.

If you look at it in a new players point of view, they wont just join up with the clan that farmed them. I sure in the hell didnt, I went to the clan that had a cool name[Devils Advocates was a pretty cool name :P]. You join the clan that farms you, it just instigates them doing it to more countries. Some of which wont take lightly to it.
General TwizTid
NBK HFA - FFA
EEVIL Member - Alliance
MSN:
yahoo:

NOW3P Game profile

Jul 2nd 2010, 9:30:44

Actually? That was my country and at a guess the reasoning behind its destruction is that I have done 50 harmful ops a day on LaF since I left protection.

correct me if I'm wrong, as I haven't really warred in Alliance yet....but aren't spy ops now capped @ 25/24 hr period on this server?

General TwizTid

Jul 2nd 2010, 9:55:26

Spy ops suck now, I have not seen a spy kill yet!
/sarcasm
General TwizTid
NBK HFA - FFA
EEVIL Member - Alliance
MSN:
yahoo:

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 20:33:08

Overfarming, and death for Retal's are a big reason why many of the UnClanned play this game by different rules,

but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!